Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm hungry, but it is snowing and slick outside - I don't know if leaving the office is worth not being hungry, considering there isn't anywhere nearby that I can stuff my face...
One word - delivery. :)

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Weekend. This past week needed to be boring and wasn't.

Matt - If you're gonna buy Win7 don't settle for anything less than the Win7 Pro version. The Home Premium is not able to run programs in XP mode while the Professional version is able to run programs in XP mode.

-pat

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hey guys!

I just got back from a few weeks in Middle Earth. I ate some gourmet dwarves at a few dinners with this Balrog friend of mine. It was kind of hot there, but it was very peaceful. I think they would have tasted much better if they were made out of Tofu though.

Anyhow, I climbed Mount Doom and that was beautiful, especially the entombed bodies of all the silly orcs and goblins that got just a little too close to the lava flow. Then I visited some very good friends at Minas Morgul, and along the way laid waste to a few villages of people, some elves, and some little midget guys with really big feet. I prayed for a very long time that that I could own their souls for eternity.

Well, now that my trip is over, I thought I would come back and spam the sh!t out of a few audio forums for as long as possible. I think I will post some kind and helpful musings in every thread made since the inception of the forum - I am certain everyone will enjoy it very much, because I love everyone. That way everyone can hear about my trip too! :D:eek::p;):rolleyes::)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now I know what you were doing when you were "Modifying Options."

Pretty sneaky. :)

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Mentalist

The Mentalist (with my g/f.) :) ... and a cup of coffee. :eek:
Love the Mentalist ... had a proble with postscript on printer last night ..thought is was being taped... only the first 48 minutes :mad:

Just when he had the lady's sister accuse the lawyer she is the mole.

Later,

to the cabin tomorrow to see the progress

Forest Man

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That sucks, Forest. Too bad that CBS doesn't put full episodes of The Mentalist up on it's site. They do, however, have two clips from the end of the show that are after what you've seen.

There's one called "Bad Nanny" that you should watch first, then another called "Jane the Jerk." They total about five and a half minutes, so a good chunk of what you missed. I'd be happy to fill in the blanks for you.

strube

strube

Weekend. This past week needed to be boring and wasn't.

Matt - If you're gonna buy Win7 don't settle for anything less than the Win7 Pro version. The Home Premium is not able to run programs in XP mode while the Professional version is able to run programs in XP mode.

-pat
Windows XP mode won't run on every computer though - your motherboard has to support virtualization, and even if it does you have to have some major meat as far as a processor goes (my 2 GHz Core 2 Duo with 4 Gigs of ram choked a little). That said, I am also not sure how useful it is - they have the compatibility stuff worked out by now for the most part - I tried it to run one old program for research and my lappytop ran so slow it wasn't even funny, because it is basically running a full version of XP Pro within Win7. I ended up just getting rid of it in the end. I am not sure it is a necessary thing, plus Home Premium has an XP compatibility mode that should cover about anyone, but it is definitely the case that it isn't as heavy-duty as XP mode.

Now I know what you were doing when you were "Modifying Options."

Pretty sneaky. :)
:)

I almost missed the Location thing and reduced the shock effect a bit, but I got it covered. :rolleyes:;)

I didn't get the outcry-type reaction I was hoping for either. I was kind of hoping Alex would...I don't know...offer to give me his recently won speakers if I never, ever post again. People must actually have some better things to do on a Friday night I guess. Maybe it is because I haven't posted in any other threads...

I think I will just have to forget the whole thing and go back to my boring, thesis-writing self - burning chair and all. :(

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't get the outcry-type reaction I was hoping for either.
Well, it's Friday night (like you said). Maybe try it on Monday mid-morning or something. :)

I was kind of hoping Alex would...I don't know...offer to give me his recently won speakers if I never, ever post again.
He might actually offer you that. Just be yourself. :D

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Snow :)

I'm hungry, but it is snowing and slick outside - I don't know if leaving the office is worth not being hungry, considering there isn't anywhere nearby that I can stuff my face...
Strube,

Hope the snow is okay ( I mean you are okay and can get around). I used to like seeing it, but driving in it and ice and slush was the pitts.

Now I like shorts and sandels all year long. LOL I am sacrificing the snow.

Take care Strube you are top shelf,

Forest Man

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Guardian

That sucks, Forest. Too bad that CBS doesn't put full episodes of The Mentalist up on it's site. They do, however, have two clips from the end of the show that are after what you've seen.

There's one called "Bad Nanny" that you should watch first, then another called "Jane the Jerk." They total about five and a half minutes, so a good chunk of what you missed. I'd be happy to fill in the blanks for you.
Did you ever watch the Guardian ? I thought is was great also :)

Peace,

Forest Man

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey guys!

I just got back from a few weeks in Middle Earth. I ate some gourmet dwarves at a few dinners with this Balrog friend of mine. It was kind of hot there, but it was very peaceful. I think they would have tasted much better if they were made out of Tofu though.

Anyhow, I climbed Mount Doom and that was beautiful, especially the entombed bodies of all the silly orcs and goblins that got just a little too close to the lava flow. Then I visited some very good friends at Minas Morgul, and along the way laid waste to a few villages of people, some elves, and some little midget guys with really big feet. I prayed for a very long time that that I could own their souls for eternity.

Well, now that my trip is over, I thought I would come back and spam the sh!t out of a few audio forums for as long as possible. I think I will post some kind and helpful musings in every thread made since the inception of the forum - I am certain everyone will enjoy it very much, because I love everyone. That way everyone can hear about my trip too! :D:eek::p;):rolleyes::)
That's pretty creepy ... you sound just like him. It made me dislike the forum again. :eek:

Love the Mentalist ... had a proble with postscript on printer last night ..thought is was being taped... only the first 48 minutes :mad:

Just when he had the lady's sister accuse the lawyer she is the mole.
I love that he sicked her on the lawyer. Man, I hate lawyers.
For 5 bucks I'll tell you how it ends. :D

strube

strube

That's pretty creepy ... you sound just like him. It made me dislike the forum again. :eek:
It was indeed a cruel trick to play, but it was very brief at least - I hope I didn't do any permanent damage to your psyche, or anyone else's for that matter. :)

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Check in the mail

I love that he sicked her on the lawyer. Man, I hate lawyers.
For 5 bucks I'll tell you how it ends. :D

The checks in the mail :D

Wait you already heard the joke about the two bears and the male bear ate the Czechoslovakian.

Later Man,

I will catch it later ..or i see where Netflix is bundling season one of Menatalist.

Forest Man

strube

strube

Strube,

Hope the snow is okay ( I mean you are okay and can get around). I used to like seeing it, but driving in it and ice and slush was the pitts.

Now I like shorts and sandels all year long. LOL I am sacrificing the snow.

Take care Strube you are top shelf,

Forest Man
Thanks man. I love the snow, and I am really going to miss it when I move to the desert in a couple of months. I also like driving in it, honestly - I just don't like driving in it when there are stupid people that have no idea how to drive in the snow driving in it at the same time. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I love the snow, and I am really going to miss it when I move to the desert in a couple of months.
Just wait. You might find that you really (really) enjoy not having to put up with snow when you have to drive to work five times a week...every week...every month...every year. It sure cuts down on the hassle.

strube

strube

Just wait. You might find that you really (really) enjoy not having to put up with snow when you have to drive to work five times a week...every week...every month...every year. It sure cuts down on the hassle.
Good point. I suppose with an occasional Friday off, I can drive to snow if need be.

Speaking of that, I think my break is over, or I won't ever be moving to the desert. I have the background and conclusions chapter to go for Monday morning, and I need to get some references scattered about in what I have already done, plus I need an abstract done by Wednesday morning..................................:mad:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Shouldn't the abstract be easy once you've written the thesis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis