RBH Speakers hit the door step today..

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
The RBH SX6300/R came in today.. Beautiful speakers... But, can anyone spot the odd issue on this speaker? Can't decided if I like the change. I have the chance for RBH to make it correct too.View attachment 13590

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Aren't the 8300's even more pricey, and better from a 2 channel perspective anyway? Like you just got a fat bonus in the mail?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The RBH SX6300/R came in today.. Beautiful speakers... But, can anyone spot the odd issue on this speaker? Can't decided if I like the change. I have the chance for RBH to make it correct too.View attachment 13590

black anodized woofers. Looks cool and I wasn't aware they were offering that now.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Bingo Gene... They were supposed to be Silver. I guess I got lucky if you like them... I think the Silver might look better.. But these will be few and far between to find if you like them better.
I don't think they are a purchase build option. I'm not sure.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Bingo Gene... They were supposed to be Silver. I guess I got lucky if you like them... I think the Silver might look better.. But these will be few and far between to find if you like them better.
I don't think they are a purchase build option. I'm not sure.
I've seem them offer that for in-walls products to make them blend better into a dark room. From a performance standpoint they should be identical. It's up to you if you prefer the black or the silver. I could go either way with this since the bass woofers match the tweeter and it just looks bad a55 like that. But that's my opinion and your the ultimate decider since its your speakers.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Aren't the 8300's even more pricey, and better from a 2 channel perspective anyway? Like you just got a fat bonus in the mail?
The 8300's are more pricey as they have bigger drivers. They have more dynamic output and better suited for larger rooms requiring high sustained SPL output.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I thought they looked different. It wouldn't matter to me since I always keep the grilles on anyway. :D

Well, so have you listened to them yet?

Are the RBH staying or should I box up my Phil3? :D

R

Ricardojoa

Audioholic
These looks exactly like the emp trk E55Ti.

Last edited:
ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
That is the first thing I thought. EMP Tek... But we all know the difference between the two.

T

TheHills44060

Junior Audioholic
I think you lucked out big time ematthews as the black woofers make it look sleeker and more sophisticated. RBH should do the same to the smaller woofers too.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I am really torn. I like both but lean towards the Silver drivers. I think it's because I always had black in the past and have lusted after the RBH Silver for a while. What will keep me from changing them is the thought of pulling six drivers out and the risk of cabinet damage from one of the screws that hold them on. I have had speakers in the past that I changed the driver and the screw wouldn't tighten back up. It's as if the wood was already stripped out. I had to use a course thread screw to tighten it up...
What's the odds of changing six drivers with zero issues??:eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am really torn. I like both but lean towards the Silver drivers. I think it's because I always had black in the past and have lusted after the RBH Silver for a while. What will keep me from changing them is the thought of pulling six drivers out and the risk of cabinet damage from one of the screws that hold them on. I have had speakers in the past that I changed the driver and the screw wouldn't tighten back up. It's as if the wood was already stripped out. I had to use a course thread screw to tighten it up...
What's the odds of changing six drivers with zero issues??:eek:
I wouldn't do it. Just keep the black drivers.

R

Ricardojoa

Audioholic
That is the first thing I thought. EMP Tek... But we all know the difference between the two.
Well i think the impression series are exactly the same speaker as the emp.
Your SX series looks different then the ones on the website including those mid drivers.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Ooops, I don't know my RBH catalogue..... yeah just for convenience sake I'd keep them. They're gorgeous either way, and if you're on this site, its because you cherish sound more than appearance!

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Well i think the impression series are exactly the same speaker as the emp.
Your SX series looks different then the ones on the website including those mid drivers.
I have the Reference versions so the mid drivers are different than the standard SX version. They have phase plugs and also a 28mm Scanspeak tweeter.

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Gah those are nice looking!! Can't wait for some listening impressions and MORE PICS!

I'm jealous :(

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
These looks exactly like the emp trk E55Ti.

Much different speakers despite the similar driver topology. RBH versions have a more inert cabinet and superior drivers and crossovers. Night and Day difference in output capabilities and sound quality.

R

Ricardojoa

Audioholic
Much different speakers despite the similar driver topology. RBH versions have a more inert cabinet and superior drivers and crossovers. Night and Day difference in output capabilities and sound quality.
I actually thought that emathews got the impressions series due to the look of the mid and woofers. But he clarified his are the sx reference.

The rbx impressions series R55ti is likely the emp E 55 ti.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I actually thought that emathews got the impressions series due to the look of the mid and woofers. But he clarified his are the sx reference.

The rbx impressions series R55ti is likely the emp E 55 ti.
You may be right. Don't ask me to explain what RBH does sometimes. They market the EMP speakers in Europe as RBH. Yes I'm confused too :)

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Here is another temp pic. I will most likely change it a bit to get them set apart further. RBH recommends 7 feet apart.
I used them last night without my Rythmik sub. Didn't need it. Huge sound out of theses. I was surprised with them being 4ohm and 88db that I got to the high volume so early in my volume input. A bit different than my Ascend Sierra 2's with RAAL ribbons.
Not as airy at the top but the trade off for the mids and low end is what I was looking for. And I will be honest.. They produce a sound that is easy to hear every detail in the sound with superb balance. It's strange but true. Really cool. Fantastic so far. Need a bit more time with them. I only got about two hours in last night.View attachment 13591
Still waiting on the feet from RBH too... They forgot to pack them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis