RBH Speakers hit the door step today..

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Of course, if you can get the RBH SX-8300 for 80% off, that means it would only cost $1,000 per pair (MSRP $5,000). :eek: Then you could use them to trade for other speakers such as my red speakers that you like. :D
I do like the sound of the Phil's.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I do like the sound of the Phil's.
See where I'm going with this? :D

Have you cousin ship me a pair of SX-8300 (b-stock would even do). And I will ship my Phil3 directly to you. No money exchange. Simple as that. ;)

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Philharmonic would have been in the mix for me but I just fogot about them before I ordered the RBH. I do love the Raal ribbon tweeters.. Although the Scan-speak is not far behind.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I did some side by side testing today on the RBH and the Sierra 2's. As great as the Sierra is with the Rythmik sub the RBH was well worth buying to put in my music only main system. Just fantastic sound top to bottom. I would put both of these at the top of any recommendation for either a bookshelf or a tower.
My only once concern with the RBH is this. The bass seems a little exaggerated or loose compared to the Rythmik sub. The Rythmik is just super tight with a lot of punch. The RBH seems more full if you will. I can't say it in technical details or terms. Just wonder if it's even right to do an apples to apples test between the two...
2 way with sub vs 6 way with out sub is hard to do...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I did some side by side testing today on the RBH and the Sierra 2's. As great as the Sierra is with the Rythmik sub the RBH was well worth buying to put in my music only main system. Just fantastic sound top to bottom. I would put both of these at the top of any recommendation for either a bookshelf or a tower.
My only once concern with the RBH is this. The bass seems a little exaggerated or loose compared to the Rythmik sub. The Rythmik is just super tight with a lot of punch. The RBH seems more full if you will. I can't say it in technical details or terms. Just wonder if it's even right to do an apples to apples test between the two...
2 way with sub vs 6 way with out sub is hard to do...
You need to actively bi-amp the woofers (using something like a $200 Dayton SA230 sub amp) and use Audyssey DEQ (I know, I know, pardon my broken record) to reach full potential IMO.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis