RBH Speakers hit the door step today..

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I couldn't be happier about selling all the Emotiva gear. Yes I switched all my gear in the last few months. I love every piece of equipment I have now. As for the RBH speakers. They are keepers as well. I have some good connections that helped me get them FOR THIS POOR GUY..:D
If you look at my signature now. Everyone of these items is top notch for a poor audiophile..

jinjuku

jinjuku

I couldn't be happier about selling all the Emotiva gear. Yes I switched all my gear in the last few months. I love every piece of equipment I have now. As for the RBH speakers. They are keepers as well. I have some good connections that helped me get them FOR THIS POOR GUY..:D
If you look at my signature now. Everyone of these items is top notch for a poor audiophile..
That was a quote from April. I had a feeling at that time new speakers where around the corner for you based on your doing a lot of solid state electronics switching trying to get a better sounding setup.

I think we all go through those types of permutations and it's an exciting part of this hobby for sure. I had to ruin about $400 worth of lumber before I gained any competency at making a proper cabinet :D

You have a setup that I would bet hits way above it's cost to acquire very nice indeed.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
See if you can go 6 months without upgrading.:)
That's no issues for me. I have no money left.:) And I'm not selling.
Large items like tower speakers can be stressful in shipping. The box was beat to hell when I got it yesterday. RBH packs them well.. Not sure I want to go through the trouble again with Towers. I am almost certain I am set.

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
I am really torn. I like both but lean towards the Silver drivers. I think it's because I always had black in the past and have lusted after the RBH Silver for a while. What will keep me from changing them is the thought of pulling six drivers out and the risk of cabinet damage from one of the screws that hold them on. I have had speakers in the past that I changed the driver and the screw wouldn't tighten back up. It's as if the wood was already stripped out. I had to use a course thread screw to tighten it up...
What's the odds of changing six drivers with zero issues??:eek:
I read through the thread a little and came across this. I have RBH T2's and the driver screws all started to show some surface corrosion. I noticed one or two had a slight orange hue to them but ignored it. After a few weeks, they all seemed to turn a slight orange color at once. I sent an email with a couple pictures to the guy I've spoken to a few times there and they promptly shipped me out a whole set of screws as replacements. If I counted right, there are 40 screws per speaker, so 80 total. Of 80 screws, only one of them was stripped when I tried to put it back in.

Not saying that will happen every time, but the screws came out and went back in just fine on mine. Figured I'd throw that in there.

Plus, the silver sure does look nice.... :D Black is just too subtle.

The beryllium midranges on the L/R are silver because they are the old versions. I bought the T1 center more recently and they have changed the beryllium to a slightly grey (almost blue-y) toned color to better differentiate it from the aluminum. I like the silver more, but who am I to decide something like that!
Mine have the grilles on them behind a screen regardless, but I did like the look and arrangement of drivers before I hid them :(.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I would definitely make the attempt to separate them further, those look to close together. With my Studio's I noticed a significant difference in sound when there were 8ft apart vs. 6. Of course it really depends on your room acoustics.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I would definitely make the attempt to separate them further, those look to close together. With my Studio's I noticed a significant difference in sound when there were 8ft apart vs. 6. Of course it really depends on your room acoustics.
They will be. I am in the process of turning this room from a home office to a music/tv room. I have to get a huge desk out of here before I can change to much. It's kind on the smaller side however... Wish I could move them to another room but it's a no go from the family. Plus the last thing I want is my German Shepherd running all around them. He can't get to this room.:D

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I'm thankful my cat never turned my PC-12's into a scratching post!

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I'm thankful my cat never turned my PC-12's into a scratching post!
My cat loves my Klispch RF82's in the other room. She has been declawed but somehow as still torn those up.. She can continue with those. They look good without the grills but I keep them on for her to stay away from other speakers around the house.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I read through the thread a little and came across this. I have RBH T2's and the driver screws all started to show some surface corrosion. I noticed one or two had a slight orange hue to them but ignored it. After a few weeks, they all seemed to turn a slight orange color at once. I sent an email with a couple pictures to the guy I've spoken to a few times there and they promptly shipped me out a whole set of screws as replacements. If I counted right, there are 40 screws per speaker, so 80 total. Of 80 screws, only one of them was stripped when I tried to put it back in.

Not saying that will happen every time, but the screws came out and went back in just fine on mine. Figured I'd throw that in there.

Plus, the silver sure does look nice.... :D Black is just too subtle.

The beryllium midranges on the L/R are silver because they are the old versions. I bought the T1 center more recently and they have changed the beryllium to a slightly grey (almost blue-y) toned color to better differentiate it from the aluminum. I like the silver more, but who am I to decide something like that!
Mine have the grilles on them behind a screen regardless, but I did like the look and arrangement of drivers before I hid them :(.

Nice. You probably don't even need any other subs for that room besides the two 1010 subs there. :D

I would like to get all SX-T2 x 5 all around for my system. No other subwoofers for my room. Might be awhile since I have to sell all my speakers first.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Nice. You probably don't even need any other subs for that room besides the two 1010 subs there. :D

I would like to get all SX-T2 x 5 all around for my system. No other subwoofers for my room. Might be awhile since I have to sell all my speakers first.
I'll buy the Phil's for $250.00 shipped.:p

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Question for you all. If and that's a big if....I decide to run the Rythmik sub with these towers, any suggestions on the crossover set up settings on my Parasound P5?
I will be honest. I am playing some Steven Wilson (Raven that refused to sing} right now and the bass is so large in these I could almost benefit from turning it down a touch. I could do this with running the crossover set up on the P5. Never thought I could have this much bass out of a tower. Holy SH$T.:D

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Ooo I'll try that one! Since I seem to be learning more by having others correct me, my thought would be to start at 80 hz, and lower it down @ 10 hz intervals to about 40 or so and see if you can get the 6300's to play the music, and get the sub to handle more of the kick drum/organ or special effects that are typically felt more than heard.

R

Ricardojoa

Audioholic
So how do these compare to the sierra 2. I would not be suprised the bass will blow it of, but how is the overall presentation differs.

R

Ricardojoa

Audioholic
If you have one sub, i would try a lower cross over in the 60 or 50hz.
You can try to plug in the port and see how they sound and integrate. I seem to have better results with these methods.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
So how do these compare to the sierra 2. I would not be suprised the bass will blow it of, but how is the overall presentation differs.
I wouldn't even really know where to begin. Night and day difference. They are both great. All I can say is the Sierra 2 is a bit more clear up top but the RBH is more detailed. And of course the low end is the best I have ever heard out of a tower. It's like comparing a sports car to a touring car. They are both great just totally different.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis