RBH Sound Owner's Thread

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It seems the Pioneer AVR is not letting you play Full-range. Is there a Direct or Pure Direct mode on the AVR? That might force full-range mode.

Otherwise, it might be time to get a better AVR from Marantz, Denon, or Yamaha.
The Pioneer is sending a full range signal to the front speakers. The crossover is present and would apply to any speakers set to small. The signal below the crossover point would be sent to the front speakers. The front speakers are not being limited by the crossover setting, though the way it is displayed doesn’t convey that very well. You can select “Stream Direct” to bypass processing of the signal. If you still can’t get the sound to your satisfaction, maybe a 2080 will suddenly appear out of Acu’s rumpus room.;)
35B265F3-6945-435B-9E5E-329B417271C8.jpeg
85C6EA9F-249D-4120-91C7-E422B0302B39.jpeg

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If you still can’t get the sound to your satisfaction, maybe a 2080 will suddenly appear out of Acu’s rumpus room.;)
It might have seemed that way, but it's not true. :D

Oh wait. Now that I've said that, there's probably gonna be one appearing in the classifieds right about n...... Nope, J/K. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Orrr, if he feels he needs a little more power he can do like me and get a 4 channel ATI amp for each module.
I do think the idea of adding the Legacy Audio Wavelet 2.2Ch Room Correction-Preamp and the ATI 4Ch amp for the SVTR is brilliant! ;)

I just can’t believe I didn’t think of it myself. :D

Last edited:
T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Yeah I'm sure with China hoarding all the dam chips don't help none!
The chip issue is just now hitting the auto industry as well. There was some left in the supply chain but they’re gone now. Toyota is going to be hit the hardest but all the auto manufacturers are going to feel it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It might have seemed that way, but it's not true. :D

Oh wait. Now that I've said that, there's probably gonna be one appearing in the classifieds right about n...... Nope, J/K. :D
Well, kind of funny. But I just got a call from my distributor in Dallas and he is sending me one Yamaha RX-A3080. :D

So I will be listing it in the classifieds once I receive it probably tomorrow. :D

P

ParleyW

Audioholic
Awesome! do we have a retail price on those?
I stopped by the main shop to peak and the new cabinets. They are heavier, stronger than any cabinet they’ve ever produced. Seeing them live, they are beautiful. I’ll have a pair soon. I also found a beast from the past. Duane (sales) had this old cabinet pair worked up with all the modern goodies. And they are up for grabs.

Attachments

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I stopped by the main shop to peak and the new cabinets. They are heavier, stronger than any cabinet they’ve ever produced. Seeing them live, they are beautiful. I’ll have a pair soon.
Wait. You can already order the new SI speakers?

P

ParleyW

Audioholic
Wait. You can already order the new SI speakers?
I believe they are. Give them a call and ask for Duane. He’ll know the poop. Dang I just love that place. It’s like Christmas every day. I bought a pair of JBL Pro 8 monitors with shot woofers. I went out with my problem, and came back with two MC-8c 160 watt aluminum woofers. They are a freakishly great speaker now. I only paid $30. Now they tangle with my best bookshelves. What other company would let you do that??

Attachments

P

ParleyW

Audioholic
I’m having a fun project in picking through my extensive inventory of loudspeakers that I acquired and restored. All of my storage is full. I’ve got some tough choices to make, but the worst is my bookshelves. It’s down to two pairs of SV-61r. One has the standard 6.5” six screw reference woofer and Scan Speak 9500 series tweeters. The other pair is a unique one off I made. It has the Arum Cantis oval tweeter and a 6.5” four screw beryllium woofer that was used in their Status Acoustics Decimo.

What is your favorite audio tracks for testing a speakers dynamics? I’m going to do some frequency sweeps first.

Attachments

EW Hall

EW Hall

Audiophyte
I’m having a fun project in picking through my extensive inventory of loudspeakers that I acquired and restored. All of my storage is full. I’ve got some tough choices to make, but the worst is my bookshelves.

What is your favorite audio tracks for testing a speakers dynamics? I’m going to do some frequency sweeps first.
I don't have any tracks to recommend, but...

I'm a bookshelf lover in a similar boat (needing to thin the collection). My choices aren't nearly as difficult as yours. Somehow, I let very few go, and just better organize 'em.

Moving right along...
  • I'm newer to RBH, but always on the hunt. Have a pair of SV-61s pending.
  • Have you thought much about posting videos / a YT channel?
  • Lastly, I'm interested (as a collector) if you're selling.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oops. I just found out from Duane that the SI-series (available now) is NOT the NEW REPLACEMENT for the previous SV-series. :D

The new series is not available yet since RBH is still finalizing the FINISH for the new cabinets.

P

ParleyW

Audioholic

I'm a bookshelf lover in a similar boat (needing to thin the collection). My choices aren't nearly as difficult as yours. Somehow, I let very few go, and just better organize 'em.

Moving right along...
My favorite find in their B-Stock area is a pair of the purest, flattest sounding speaker they have ever made The cabinet is a 441SE with the 4” reference woofer and reference tweeter (Duane at RBH collected the items needed for this set). The image they present is freakish for a speaker of this size. I’ve got the two up front and one center. Crossed at 80Hz, and twin Harmon Citation 7.4 THX subs (14” JBL LE14h-1 Just back from restoration). This setup can hold it’s own against my SX-T2 setup. A dinky 4” shouldn’t make this sound. This setup is the cleanest, most detailed system that I currently own, or have owned.

Attachments

Last edited:
P

ParleyW

Audioholic
I

Moving right along...
have posted a short video of my 441 setup on YouTube.have no idea if it translates well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis