RBH Sound Owner's Thread

E

egandb

Audioholics Approved Vendor
Hello Audioholics.com Forum Members, I am posting this because, while we have tried to reach out to Carl Walker (a.k.a. TechHDS) to resolve this situation, it seems we’ve (edit: reached, not seemed) a bit of an impasse. I explain more on this later. The purpose of this post is not to discredit Mr. Walker or to disparage him in any way; rather, I’d like to set the record straight. You all deserve to hear the other side of the story.

Thursday, November 8th, Carl had been texting with Andrew of Audio Pharmacist (the RBH dealer who sold the speakers to Carl). Carl mentioned to Andrew that, after having listened to them for a few weeks, the midrange and tweeter drivers on both of his R-55E towers were now distorting. He also mentioned that the R-515E he was using as a center channel was fine. Andrew emailed Brian at RBH this information, and Brian worked out a replacement cost for four mid-woofers and two tweeters for the towers and sent it back to Andrew.

Friday, November 9th, Andrew emailed Brian to let him know, “Carl Walker says he will save up to get those parts.” Later that morning, Carl called RBH to discuss the problem with his Impression Series R-55E tower speakers. I answered the phone and learned of the situation. Carl had been speaking with Andrew, but was apparently not getting the answers he needed from Andrew in the timeframe Carl had expected. Carl had removed some of the drivers from his R-55Es and expressed concern regarding quality control. Carl was concerned that larger spade quick disconnect terminals were used on the negative terminals of each woofer. Since the connections were, according to Carl, “extremely loose,” it was his concern they were causing the distortion he was hearing. I asked, and Carl confirmed he was familiar with electronics and electrical connections and that he was willing to remove the drivers to inspect connections for each. Carl was concerned about voiding the warranty, but I reassured him that because I knew of the situation, and he was helping us with a potential problem, it would not void his warranty.

Later that morning, Carl called me back and said upon removing the lower 5.25-inch mid-woofer from one of the tower speakers, he claimed he found the negative connection was disconnected. I was surprised, but I explained to Carl that with one woofer not working correctly, that could explain the distortion Carl was hearing. Further, I explained that with one driver removed from the crossover network, the resulting impedance would be different than what the crossover network was designed for, most likely causing a shift in the crossover point and possibly further contributing to the distortion Carl was hearing. I suggested to Carl that he could solder the quick disconnects to the smaller negative driver terminals to solidify the connections. Carl was not opposed to this idea initially, and said that it would take him a day to accomplish this; however, he and I agreed that having him slightly crimp the quick disconnects to the smaller negative driver terminals would be the best solution. Carl said he would take care of this and call me back when he had chance to listen to the speaker after he had done this.

Later Friday, Carl called to let me know that he had taken care of all of the negative connections on the tower speaker. He said that he had listened to it and all seemed to be well again. We were both pleased with the results.

Saturday, November 10th, Carl wrote Brian the following email:
“Brian everything is good! I did as Daren ask, I pulled the drivers out of the other right front Towers they where loose to. So I crimped them down. Center is ok Right size! I checked. Everything good Brian! Plus one of the most Important settings wrong on my AVR! It’s was set for 8 Ohms! Speakers are 6 Ohms! I changed AVR to 4 Ohms. Thanks Again!! There wasn’t a 6 Ohms set on that Yamaha 7790. Again all is good I do Not Want a Refund! All good please Fall just email to Daren. Let him know that he was right!! You guy Rock! and Forward this email to Andrew my audio dealer audio pharmacist, he is a awesome Dealer for you guys!! I stand by my post I sent in Miss Glenda, please let her know. I will be Highly Recommending you guys. That a Factory or Assembly thing with the connectors. It gave me something to do!”

Monday, November 12th, Brian and I received a series of emails from Andrew letting us know that Carl had texted Andrew, “Andrew please let RBH know that I want a refund. Let me know their Response.” In his emails, Andrew also wrote, “He called and said that a lot of the driver connectors were loose and he should not have had to do all this work. Could you offer him an exchange for the 2 towers?” I, having just boarded a plane bound to Canada, discussed the situation with Brian and asked him to take care of the situation as he saw fit and to make Carl and Andrew happy, even if that meant initiating a product return. Brian and Andrew worked to initialize a return authorization for Carl’s speakers. Later that day, Carl had been given a return authorization as well as return shipping labels for the speakers.

Today, November 19th, Carl emailed Andrew the following,
“Just a note I filed a Dispute with my bank.
Let Brian at RBHSOUND know that am willing to Except a partial refund on the two Towers or a Full refund on all of the speakers retuned with the RMA that they shipped to me. With the partial refund on the two R55E tower, I keep all the speakers as is. If anything should happen from here on out to the end of the 5 year warranty I will file a claim for repair with RBH. Let me know if this is Acceptable.”

Carl also emailed Glenda (RBH’s Graphic Designer) the following,
“Please let Brian in sales the was handling with Audio Pharmacist Andrew out of Mustang Oklahoma (Dealer). That I want to return the Impression Elite Speaker for refund. Also I have been speaking with Daren over the phone plus emails. Also with my Dealer Audio Pharmacist, (Andrew). About the Issues i have with the R55E Towers. All 10 of the drivers in both R55E’s Towers have the wrong size connectors on the, -/+ Negative side of each drivers. At Daren’s Request, I removed the drivers from one of the towers to do as he asked me to. Now knowing he is your Marketing sales manager, and maybe his Knowledge is limited He wanted me to Solder the oversized connectors to the drivers I told him I wouldn’t do that. That’s when he made to Suggested I crimp them down.
Please Forward My Request for a refund to the proper department.”

So, knowing that we had already provided Carl with return authorization as well as return shipping labels for the speakers, we were confused as to what Carl really wanted. So, I reached out to Carl today by phone to try to find out. Well, more accurately, I tried to speak with Carl; time and again, he kept talking over me or wouldn’t let me talk. At one point in the conversation, he said, “I’m gonna make this simple and painless for you. Send me a 5.25-inch driver. I’ll send you back the damaged one.” (he had slightly damaged the top 5.25-inch mid-woofer when he tried to remove it to crimp the negative connector.) I replied that we were more than willing to do that, if doing so would make him happy. We also discussed the situation with the connectors, wherein Carl repeatedly said that the negative connectors weren’t from the factory. I informed him that I had seen the pictures he took and verified they were, in fact, the same connectors. I’ve included un-retouched pictures (taken today) of the crossover networks to confirm this:
DSC03429.jpg

This is the R-515 & R-515E crossover

DSC03430.jpg

These are the terminals Carl is claiming are the factory terminals. Note the rubber insulators (not included on the R-55 & R-55E crossovers).

DSC03431.jpg

This is the R-55 & R-55E crossover.

DSC03432.jpg

Note the same-sized connectors (without rubber shields) for the blue and white mid-woofer connections.

Feel free to compare these pictures and connectors with the pictures that Carl uploaded at post #705. I would've loved to include a link, but I haven't posted 5 times yet.

Unfortunately, during our phone call, I was unable to get from Carl an exact answer as to what he wanted or needed to make this right.

So, while we have spent much time with Carl in efforts to try to make things right with him, we are still at a loss wondering what he really wants us to do. He has been provided with all of the resources he needs in order to send back the speakers for a refund. He has had these resources for a week, but he continues to stall, threatening Andrew with bank charge disputes, a simultaneous request for a partial refund on the tower speakers, and, as of today, a replacement driver. Unfortunately, we’re still at a loss, unsure of exactly what Carl needs to be happy. Anyone who knows me knows I am a champion for proper customer service. This situation, however, has been a challenge.

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Hello Audioholics.com Forum Members, I am posting this because, while we have tried to reach out to Carl Walker (a.k.a. TechHDS) to resolve this situation, it seems we’ve seemed a bit of an impasse. I explain more on this later. The purpose of this post is not to discredit Mr. Walker or to disparage him in any way; rather, I’d like to set the record straight. You all deserve to hear the other side of the story.

Thursday, November 8th, Carl had been texting with Andrew of Audio Pharmacist (the RBH dealer who sold the speakers to Carl). Carl mentioned to Andrew that, after having listened to them for a few weeks, the midrange and tweeter drivers on both of his R-55E towers were now distorting. He also mentioned that the R-515E he was using as a center channel was fine. Andrew emailed Brian at RBH this information, and Brian worked out a replacement cost for four mid-woofers and two tweeters for the towers and sent it back to Andrew.

Friday, November 9th, Andrew emailed Brian to let him know, “Carl Walker says he will save up to get those parts.” Later that morning, Carl called RBH to discuss the problem with his Impression Series R-55E tower speakers. I answered the phone and learned of the situation. Carl had been speaking with Andrew, but was apparently not getting the answers he needed from Andrew in the timeframe Carl had expected. Carl had removed some of the drivers from his R-55Es and expressed concern regarding quality control. Carl was concerned that larger spade quick disconnect terminals were used on the negative terminals of each woofer. Since the connections were, according to Carl, “extremely loose,” it was his concern they were causing the distortion he was hearing. I asked, and Carl confirmed he was familiar with electronics and electrical connections and that he was willing to remove the drivers to inspect connections for each. Carl was concerned about voiding the warranty, but I reassured him that because I knew of the situation, and he was helping us with a potential problem, it would not void his warranty.

Later that morning, Carl called me back and said upon removing the lower 5.25-inch mid-woofer from one of the tower speakers, he claimed he found the negative connection was disconnected. I was surprised, but I explained to Carl that with one woofer not working correctly, that could explain the distortion Carl was hearing. Further, I explained that with one driver removed from the crossover network, the resulting impedance would be different than what the crossover network was designed for, most likely causing a shift in the crossover point and possibly further contributing to the distortion Carl was hearing. I suggested to Carl that he could solder the quick disconnects to the smaller negative driver terminals to solidify the connections. Carl was not opposed to this idea initially, and said that it would take him a day to accomplish this; however, he and I agreed that having him slightly crimp the quick disconnects to the smaller negative driver terminals would be the best solution. Carl said he would take care of this and call me back when he had chance to listen to the speaker after he had done this.

Later Friday, Carl called to let me know that he had taken care of all of the negative connections on the tower speaker. He said that he had listened to it and all seemed to be well again. We were both pleased with the results.

“Brian everything is good! I did as Daren ask, I pulled the drivers out of the other right front Towers they where loose to. So I crimped them down. Center is ok Right size! I checked. Everything good Brian! Plus one of the most Important settings wrong on my AVR! It’s was set for 8 Ohms! Speakers are 6 Ohms! I changed AVR to 4 Ohms. Thanks Again!! There wasn’t a 6 Ohms set on that Yamaha 7790. Again all is good I do Not Want a Refund! All good please Fall just email to Daren. Let him know that he was right!! You guy Rock! and Forward this email to Andrew my audio dealer audio pharmacist, he is a awesome Dealer for you guys!! I stand by my post I sent in Miss Glenda, please let her know. I will be Highly Recommending you guys. That a Factory or Assembly thing with the connectors. It gave me something to do!”

Monday, November 12th, Brian and I received a series of emails from Andrew letting us know that Carl had texted Andrew, “Andrew please let RBH know that I want a refund. Let me know their Response.” In his emails, Andrew also wrote, “He called and said that a lot of the driver connectors were loose and he should not have had to do all this work. Could you offer him an exchange for the 2 towers?” I, having just boarded a plane bound to Canada, discussed the situation with Brian and asked him to take care of the situation as he saw fit and to make Carl and Andrew happy, even if that meant initiating a product return. Brian and Andrew worked to initialize a return authorization for Carl’s speakers. Later that day, Carl had been given a return authorization as well as return shipping labels for the speakers.

Today, November 19th, Carl emailed Andrew the following,
“Just a note I filed a Dispute with my bank.
Let Brian at RBHSOUND know that am willing to Except a partial refund on the two Towers or a Full refund on all of the speakers retuned with the RMA that they shipped to me. With the partial refund on the two R55E tower, I keep all the speakers as is. If anything should happen from here on out to the end of the 5 year warranty I will file a claim for repair with RBH. Let me know if this is Acceptable.”

Carl also emailed Glenda (RBH’s Graphic Designer) the following,
“Please let Brian in sales the was handling with Audio Pharmacist Andrew out of Mustang Oklahoma (Dealer). That I want to return the Impression Elite Speaker for refund. Also I have been speaking with Daren over the phone plus emails. Also with my Dealer Audio Pharmacist, (Andrew). About the Issues i have with the R55E Towers. All 10 of the drivers in both R55E’s Towers have the wrong size connectors on the, -/+ Negative side of each drivers. At Daren’s Request, I removed the drivers from one of the towers to do as he asked me to. Now knowing he is your Marketing sales manager, and maybe his Knowledge is limited He wanted me to Solder the oversized connectors to the drivers I told him I wouldn’t do that. That’s when he made to Suggested I crimp them down.
Please Forward My Request for a refund to the proper department.”

So, knowing that we had already provided Carl with return authorization as well as return shipping labels for the speakers, we were confused as to what Carl really wanted. So, I reached out to Carl today by phone to try to find out. Well, more accurately, I tried to speak with Carl; time and again, he kept talking over me or wouldn’t let me talk. At one point in the conversation, he said, “I’m gonna make this simple and painless for you. Send me a 5.25-inch driver. I’ll send you back the damaged one.” (he had slightly damaged the top 5.25-inch mid-woofer when he tried to remove it to crimp the negative connector.) I replied that we were more than willing to do that, if doing so would make him happy. We also discussed the situation with the connectors, wherein Carl repeatedly said that the negative connectors weren’t from the factory. I informed him that I had seen the pictures he took and verified they were, in fact, the same connectors. I’ve included un-retouched pictures (taken today) of the crossover networks to confirm this:
View attachment 26736
This is the R-515 & R-515E crossover

View attachment 26737
These are the terminals Carl is claiming are the factory terminals. Note the rubber insulators (not included on the R-55 & R-55E crossovers).

View attachment 26738
This is the R-55 & R-55E crossover.

View attachment 26739
Note the same-sized connectors (without rubber shields) for the blue and white mid-woofer connections.

Feel free to compare these pictures and connectors with the pictures that Carl uploaded at post #705. I would've loved to include a link, but I haven't posted 5 times yet.

Unfortunately, during our phone call, I was unable to get from Carl an exact answer as to what he wanted or needed to make this right.

So, while we have spent much time with Carl in efforts to try to make things right with him, we are still at a loss wondering what he really wants us to do. He has been provided with all of the resources he needs in order to send back the speakers for a refund. He has had these resources for a week, but he continues to stall, threatening Andrew with bank charge disputes, a simultaneous request for a partial refund on the tower speakers, and, as of today, a replacement driver. Unfortunately, we’re still at a loss, unsure of exactly what Carl needs to be happy. Anyone who knows me knows I am a champion for proper customer service. This situation, however, has been a challenge.
Well Mr Daren, all I asked for is for you to send me out #1 Mid-Range driver and the Factory connectors for all of the drivers in the two R55E Impression Elite Speakers. As pre our phone Conversation this afternoon. I said I would make it easy. The only reason I think RBHSOUND should send me out #1. Mid-Range driver is as I told you that on the left Tower I Buggered it up trying to get It out of the left Tower. And the Small size connectors for the - negative side of each driver 10 for the - and ten for the + side on all of the 6, 6 1/2” and the 4, 5 1/4”Mid/ Range drivers. It’s that easy. #1 I never stated that I was in anyway on here AH or to You Mr. Daren that I was a Audio Expert, or even have the Knowledge to even troubleshooting a XO. Sure could use a Fluke meter to check the speakers? Sure I can. As for Mr Gene backing You up Mr. Daren, as Gene stated he has never had an issue with Any of RBHSOUND Products. It is those very reasons that I am a Member on Mr Gene’s website. He is after all an electrical engineer, plus highly Educated in the Field of Audio for Analysis and testing of Audio gear. I posted up some False facts on here to see what kind of Feedback I would get.No I don’t want anything or any moneys. Send me out #1 Mid - Ranger driver with the 20 total connectors. Like I told you on our phone Conversation. I haven’t sent out any Dispute to my bank. But the Purchase date of my Impression Elite Speakers is 09/29/2018. Not a Month and a half as you stated. RHBSound is a Very Reparable speak a manufacturing company. I still stand by my review and my take on the Elite Speakers. So the balls in your court do to speak.

With kind regards
CMW

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Mike,
Why didn't you use the RMA and let RBH make them right for you?
If you have already destroyed/trashed the boxes/packaging, I would expect that RBH keeps empty boxes with packaging for this situation. There will be some cost to ship the empty boxes to you which is reasonably your expense, but RBH sells a lot of these speakers and their per speaker packaging costs should be reasonable. They do not seem like the kind of company who would make packaging a "profit center":)!
I have the boxes there in new like Condition. I gave the speakers to my Son. He loves them, just as I did, I still stand by my take and my review I sent in to RBHSOUND. Daren and I are at a Impasse. I even stated to Daren I would ship out the Mid - ranger driver st my cost to RBHSOUND. That was before I gave the Elite Speakers to my Son. Now Daren can say what ever he Chooses to say about me on the what why or how the drivers ended up with the wrong size. connectors. I know this I didn’t build them and I sure as hell didn’t ship them to myself. For what ever reasons Beyond my control those Elite :rolleyes: Speakers ended up with the wrong size connectors! Lol. Hey man, I could really care less it’s not my Reputation on the line here, it’s RBHSOUND’s Integrity that’s on the line here. But since I’ve already given the Speakers as a gift to my Son to enjoy. In the end the money is a very small Issue with me but it seems to be with RBHSOUND

Mike

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
This situation is certainly a mess but setting the impedance switch on your AVR to 4 ohms can be another source of unwanted distortion.

see: https://www.audioholics.com/audio-amplifier/impedance-selector-switch-1

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Usually if the consignee provides the shipping label, it's a prepaid freight label....otherwise no point.
That’s to return all of the speakers to be inspected for a full refund or replacement of the two front towers. Cause at first I did ask for a full refund. Daren sent out a RMA. Cause I had agreed to let RBH take out the price from for Me having to ship them back. But for that, was even Mentioned that very day before I sent the text to ADTG. I asked Daren and before I even opened up the center and the other Tower and found the wrong connectors on the other Tower. I ask Daren about the driver that I messed up on the left Tower that I would pay for the shipping of it back to RBHSOUND. He asked me how bad was it. I told him that him or I would know it was there. That anyone else wouldn’t Notice it. So I asked him to ship me the one driver out the Damage one. He goes will it would have to test out bad. That’s how easy I was trying to make it for him. It’s wasn’t till the a day or two that I Actually opened up the right front Tower speaker with my Son. And found that it also had the wrong connectors on the drivers. My Son saw with his eyes his very loose the connectors where. He pulled My Son that is the last driver cause we where working from bottom up on he right front Tower. He agreed as I did how loose they where. He pulled the - lead off with he hand Very Easily as I did with the others. He crimped down on the last one himself as Daren and I had Agreed that I do. So Loveinthehd, yeah really no point I gave them to my Son as a gift. Now as for RBHSOUND sound cause of Daren’s In adequacy and ethical approach with matter to begin with. RBHSOUND has lost a Customer for life.

Mike

TechHDS

Audioholic General
This situation is certainly a mess but setting the impedance switch on your AVR to 4 ohms can be another source of unwanted distortion.

see: https://www.audioholics.com/audio-amplifier/impedance-selector-switch-1
Gene I didn’t set the AVR to 4 ohms I just said that. I was driving them with my XPA- 5 1st gen . Why is everyone Assuming, any of you guys Actually in my living room when I did all this? I went Through all my settings before I even fired up my system. What really happened for me to Actually notice something was wrong in the very first place was that on my left front Tower I was Dusting off the front left Tower and just a lucky Chance my right ear was very close to the upper drivers that’s when I Noticed no sound seemed to be coming from the driver below the tweeter left front. I than went straight to my right tower to see if I could hear any Difference. I Shut down my system pulled the drivers from my left Tower 3rd from top and found that the lead -/+ on the driver the Negative wasn’t even on. So you see only Assuming can make an Ass out of You and Me. Gene with all do Respect Sir. I wish that You or at the Very least some one who has a lot more Knowledge than I with this hobby to Witness, but I only had my Son help me with the other Tower. So yeah I’m cutting my lost with RBHSOUND and I will never Deal with then again. Polkaudio has sent me out tweeters, Subwoofers and other things with my hobby and Ken over at Polk Audio has never given me the run around. Quality service matters!!! Priceless in my book!:D

Mike

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene I didn’t set the AVR to 4 ohms I just said that. I was driving them with my XPA- 5 1st gen . Why is everyone Assuming, any of you guys Actually in my living room when I did all this? I went Through all my settings before I even fired up my system. What really happened for me to Actually notice something was wrong in the very first place was that on my left front Tower I was Dusting off the front left Tower and just a lucky Chance my right ear was very close to the upper drivers that’s when I Noticed no sound seemed to be coming from the driver below the tweeter left front. I than went straight to my right tower to see if I could hear any Difference. I Shut down my system pulled the drivers from my left Tower 3rd from top and found that the lead -/+ on the driver the Negative wasn’t even on. So you see only Assuming can make an Ass out of You and Me. Gene with all do Respect Sir. I wish that You or at the Very least some one who has a lot more Knowledge than I with this hobby to Witness, but I only had my Son help me with the other Tower. So yeah I’m cutting my lost with RBHSOUND and I will never Deal with then again. Polkaudio has sent me out tweeters, Subwoofers and other things with my hobby and Ken over at Polk Audio has never given me the run around. Quality service matters!!! Priceless in my book!:D

Mike
I'm going off the quote of the email you sent RBH. Are you suggesting you didnt write those words in the email?

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I'm going off the quote of the email you sent RBH. Are you suggesting you didnt write those words in the email?
Yes I did send an email to Daren and yes unless he Edit it my emails to him. I told everyone on here that I posted up some false facts or changed up the order in which a Actually Proceeded with removing the drivers. I told Daren that everything was OK. But Actually I hadn’t pulled the drivers on the right tower. I wanted a Witness plus some help in removing the drivers from the right tower. But yeah Gene, the Tower have the Wrong speaker connectors to the Negative side of each driver Except the tweeters. Center channel is good has the Factory connectors on them. Now since I’ve already gave the Impression Elite Speakers to my Son. It’s Pretty much a closed deal for me. All I wanted from Daren was to send me out the one driver that I messed up trying to get it out by myself. His Exact words over the phone conversation was, if it doesn’t test out bad than I can’t send you out a replacement. So for what ever reasons the Elites towers have the wrong Negative size connectors on the drivers can’t say I didn’t build those speakers. Daren has almost the point of calling me a Liar. This isn’t my first Rodeo dealing with a marketing sales manager. When I tell you he wanted me to solder the connectors to the driver yeah he said that over a phone Conversation. Than he asked me to crimp the connectors down. Which a Agreed to do. My Son helped me with the right tower like I said. He saw how very loose the Negative connectors where very loose. Like you said Gene, I’ve moved on.

Thanks

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well Mr Daren, all I asked for is for you to send me out #1 Mid-Range driver and the Factory connectors for all of the drivers in the two R55E Impression Elite Speakers.
Mike, I agree with you that this request should be granted.

I have spoken to RBH and they agreed.

I will be sending you a little email regarding this.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That’s to return all of the speakers to be inspected for a full refund or replacement of the two front towers. Cause at first I did ask for a full refund. Daren sent out a RMA. Cause I had agreed to let RBH take out the price from for Me having to ship them back. But for that, was even Mentioned that very day before I sent the text to ADTG. I asked Daren and before I even opened up the center and the other Tower and found the wrong connectors on the other Tower. I ask Daren about the driver that I messed up on the left Tower that I would pay for the shipping of it back to RBHSOUND. He asked me how bad was it. I told him that him or I would know it was there. That anyone else wouldn’t Notice it. So I asked him to ship me the one driver out the Damage one. He goes will it would have to test out bad. That’s how easy I was trying to make it for him. It’s wasn’t till the a day or two that I Actually opened up the right front Tower speaker with my Son. And found that it also had the wrong connectors on the drivers. My Son saw with his eyes his very loose the connectors where. He pulled My Son that is the last driver cause we where working from bottom up on he right front Tower. He agreed as I did how loose they where. He pulled the - lead off with he hand Very Easily as I did with the others. He crimped down on the last one himself as Daren and I had Agreed that I do. So Loveinthehd, yeah really no point I gave them to my Son as a gift. Now as for RBHSOUND sound cause of Daren’s In adequacy and ethical approach with matter to begin with. RBHSOUND has lost a Customer for life.

Mike
Your communication is so confusing no wonder there were issues with you doing so with RBH. So you disagree with my post that usually a return label is to provide prepaid freight to boot, and completely misunderstand what I said and to who. The way you butcher the language and post almost unintelligble crap is why I usually ignore your posts.....I'm going back to that. Giving me a headache reading your nonsense.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I sent @TechHDS the email to confirm in writing.

RBH has agreed to send him the 5.25” mid-woofer and connectors as TechHDS requested in his post.

RBH asks that he use the pre-paid label to return the damaged 5.25” mid-woofer.

To make this happen, all he has to do is print out the email or this post, sign it to acknowledge that it is in fact what he wants, then text or email it back to me:

1. RBH will ship you (Carl Michael Walker) the connectors
2. RBH will ship you a new 5.25” mid-woofer
3. This meets your requirements from RBH, and you agree to not file a bank dispute once conditions #1 and #2 are met
4. You agree to return the damaged 5.25” mid-woofer to RBH using the pre-paid label

So RBH has given TechHDS 3 options:

1. Return the 2 towers using the prepaid shipping label for an exchange
2. Return the 2 towers using the prepaid shipping label for a refund
3. Keep the speakers, RBH will send a new replacement 5.25” mid-woofer and connectors, then return the damaged 5.25” mid-woofer using the prepaid shipping label

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
So RBH has given TechHDS 3 options:

1. Return the 2 towers using the prepaid shipping label for an exchange
2. Return the 2 towers using the prepaid shipping label for a refund
3. Keep the speakers, RBH will send a new replacement 5.25” mid-woofer and connectors, then return the damaged 5.25” mid-woofer using the prepaid shipping label
Sounds pretty darn reasonable if you ask me! Not gonna lie. Reading through this thread a bit, as unfortunate as it is that the poster may have received a defective unit, it also sounds like RBH is dealing with a particularly difficult customer if any of his incomprehensible posts are any indication.

Full disclosure: I have been a dealer for RBH so I am admittedly biased to a certain extent, but it's also why I say the following with authority and coming from personal experience.
Now with that said, I have literally worked with hundreds upon hundreds of their loudspeakers over the years, everything from outdoor speakers to in-ceilings to full range towers, and I have NEVER received a defective loudspeaker or sub from them. Only items I've ever had issues with were headphones and they were impressively quick to replace them, no questions asked. I have been to their HQ and have witnessed how they do their bench testing. The techs there are awesome, as are Daren, Shane, the owner, and the rest of the crew (shout out to the warehouse guys!). I have worked with a LOT of companies and can say with confidence that their product support is second to none. It appears like they've been working hard to reach a solution in this case, going so far as to allow so many options. Some customers are just REALLY, REALLY hard to work with. I don't mean to speak ill of any forum members here. I just hate seeing one of my favorite companies being misrepresented as they seem to be in this thread. Bummer if a bad product slipped past QC, but they've obviously been trying to rectify the situation.

If anybody else here is thinking about purchasing one of their products, just please do not allow this particular customer's situation to deter you. They're a fantastic company that makes some damn fine products. One of my top speaker companies for a multitude of reasons, but the people I've worked with there are a huge factor. Good luck, TechHDS. Hope you get the issue resolved and we end up seeing a post with some good news!

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Your communication is so confusing no wonder there were issues with you doing so with RBH. So you disagree with my post that usually a return label is to provide prepaid freight to boot, and completely misunderstand what I said and to who. The way you butcher the language and post almost unintelligble crap is why I usually ignore your posts.....I'm going back to that. Giving me a headache reading your nonsense.
Glad I could Entertain you!!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
You know Nothing!! Just Running your mouth
Carl;

RBH options offered here are extremely reasonable as was Montucky's response. If you don't agree to one of them at this point than you need to take this elsewhere as I won't continue to provide a platform for you to air your grievances. I hope this gets resolved quickly for all parties involved.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Carl;

RBH options offered here are extremely reasonable as was Montucky's response. If you don't agree to one of them at this point than you need to take this elsewhere as I won't continue to provide a platform for you to air your grievances. I hope this gets resolved quickly for all parties involved.
I only stated that Gene, cause he wasn’t on the other end of the phone calls. Now as for what was sent in by text to AudioRX, (ADTG) emails where sent to both Daren and Andrew. But as the Private phone calls between Daren and I how would (Montucks) know? That’s why I said you know nothing. Wasn’t a Pun.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I still stand by my review on the Impression Elite Speakers. They are a very nice sounding speakers well built high Quality sound.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
This thread is for discussion of RBH products. Please share your experiences and comments. I have included some RBH product reviews and pricing.

I have wondered about the drivers used in the RBH Reference speakers.

So here they are:

1. Tweeter - Scan-Speak 9500 Silk Dome
2. Midrange - RBH 165-FPN Cast Aluminum
3. Woofer - RBH ALU200-IDCN Cast Aluminum

FPN = Phase Plug Non-shielded
IDCN = Inverted Dust-Cap Non-shielded

Here are the links to all the Status Acoustics, RBH, and EMP reviews.

Status Acoustics Reviews

Status Acoustics Decimo Review | Audioholics

Status Acoustics Voce Fina Bookshelf Speaker Review | Audioholics

Status Acoustics Titus 8T Floorstanding Speaker System Review | Audioholics

Status Acoustics 8T Loudspeaker System Review | Audioholics

RBH Reviews

RBH Sound T-30LSE Signature Tower System Review | Audioholics

RBH Sound T-2 Signature Series Tower Speaker Review | Audioholics

RBH Sound Signature Reference 8300-SE/R Loudspeaker Review | Audioholics

RBH Sound SX-6300/R Tower Speaker Review | Audioholics

RBH Sound SX-61/R Bookshelf Speakers Review | Audioholics

RBH Sound Signature 61-SE Loudspeaker Review | Audioholics

RBH Sound TK-5CT Floorstanding Speaker Review | Audioholics

RBH Sound WM-24, WM-30, FM-45 M Series Loudspeaker System Review | Audioholics

RBH CinemaSITE Custom Home Theater System Review | Audioholics

RBH Sound TK-5C Bookshelf Speaker System Review | Audioholics

RBH Sound MC-6C Bookshelf Speaker Review | Audioholics

RBH Sound Signature SE/R Series Review | Audioholics

RBH Signature Series 41-SE Speaker Review | Audioholics

RBH Sound SX-1212P/R Subwoofer Review | Audioholics

http://hometheaterreview.com/rbh-sx-1212pr-powered-subwoofer-reviewed/?page=2

RBH Sound SX-12 Subwoofer Review with Measurements | Audioholics

RBH Sound SX-10/R and S-10 Subwoofers Review | Audioholics

http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...speaker-system

http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...round-3500-rbh

https://rbhsound.com/hometheater0798.php

EMP Reviews

EMP E55Ti Tower / E56Ci Center / E55WI Surround & ES1010i Subwoofer Review | Audioholics

EMPtek Impression E55Ti Floorstanding Speaker System Review | Audioholics

EMP Tek Impression Series E5TiR Floorstanding Loudspeaker Review | Audioholics

EMP Tek EF50T Speaker System Review | Audioholics

EMPtek ES1010i Subwoofer Review | Audioholics

RBH MSRP:
SX-T1 $5,200
SX-T1/R $7,500
SX-T2N $8,000
SX-T2P $9,800
SX-T2N/R $12,000
SX-T2P/R $13,700
SX-T3N $10,600
SX-T3P $14,200
SX-T3N/R $16,000
SX-T3P/R $19,700
SX-44 $1,200
SX-44/R $2,500
SX-441C $600 each
SX-441C/R $1,000 each
SX-66 $1,679
SX-66/R $3,079
SX-61 $1,200
SX-61/R $1,900
SX-661 $1,800
SX-661/R $2,700
SX-661C $900 each
SX-661C/R $1,350 each
SX-6100C $2,600 each
SX-6100C/R $3,750 each
SX-6300 $2,750
SX-6300/R $3,280
SX-8300 $5,000
SX-8300/R $5,900
SX-88 $1,000
SX-10 $900
SX-10/R $1,300
SX-12 $1,100
SX-12/R $1,600
SX-1010N $1,200 (passive subwoofer)
SX-1010P $1,900
SX-1010N/R $2,000 (reference passive subwoofer)
SX-1010P/R $2,800
SX-1212N $1,450 (passive subwoofer)
SX-1212P $2,300
SX-1212N/R $2,430 (reference passive subwoofer)
SX-1212P/R $5,300
S-8 $479
S-10 $529
S-12 $700
SI-740/R $919 each
SI-740 $549 each
SI-760/R $1,245 each
SI-760 $1,035 each
SI-770/R $1,150 each
SI-770 $699 each
SI-744 $840 each
SI-663/R $2,360 each
SI-663 $1,540 each
SI-6100/R $3,580 each
SI-6100 $2,370 each
SI-10 $608
SI-10P $1,367
SI-12 $700
SI-12P $1,459
SI-1010 $1,050
SI-1010P $2,019
MC-4C $529/pr
MC-44C $729/pr
MC-6C $899/pr
MC-616C $599 each
MC-6CT $1,449/pr
SA-250DSP 250W/4 ohms sub amp w/ DSP $759
SA-500DSP 500W/4 ohms sub amp w/DSP $969
How’s about selling ice cold brews?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Mike,

A lot of the dynamic here is caused by the fact that, over the years, many of us have had direct dealings with the guys at RBH.
Based on our experiences (as posted on this forum) RBH has always been a reasonable and friendly company to work with.
I hope you can appreciate that your statements are somewhat incongruous with our experiences.
I still don't understand exactly what you misrepresented and for what end purpose? That really casts another level of confusion on what was already confused.

For the record, I don't think you are making things up, but at the same time, I have to wonder if Daren was suggesting soldiering the connections as one possible way to resolve the issue rather than stating that as the only option and the action they expect from you. I would guess I spent a little over two hours total time on the phone with him, and he impressed me as the kind of guy I would want as a customer-sales contact if I ran a company!

You didn't drop a bunch of your colorful colloquialisms on him did you? I think the divide between Gullah dialect and those boys from Utah is pretty expansive!

Or maybe he was having a bad day and preoccupied with something else in his life? Or maybe he has a split personality and you got "Bad Daren"!

I suspect I will never know, but please understand our need to ask more questions and be skeptical of your statements when our experiences with the same guy are polar opposite of yours!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
TechHDS (aka. Carl) asked me to close/ban his account so I have done it per his request. If he later decides to come back, I will reinstate at his request.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis