RBH Sound Owner's Thread

C

crispysilicon

Audiophyte
I found this little gem, but I've been through the whole RBH sitemap and I can't figure out what I have. Whole box is wrapped, blank terminal plate.

rbh mysterycenter fl.jpg
rbh mysterycenter terminalplate.jpg

Tested it last night and it sounds clear, but I'd like to know how I should drive it? Any thoughts?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I found this little gem, but I've been through the whole RBH sitemap and I can't figure out what I have. Whole box is wrapped, blank terminal plate.

View attachment 32345View attachment 32346

Tested it last night and it sounds clear, but I'd like to know how I should drive it? Any thoughts?
Mysterious. I've never seen it. Probably have to open up the box to see.

Is it a non-powered subwoofer? If so, probably safe bet that it's a 10" or 12" sub and probably rated for 250-500 Watts into 4 ohms.

C

crispysilicon

Audiophyte
I bought it as a "center". I briefly tested it (for a few minutes before bed, picked up late last night) and it's full range.

C

crispysilicon

Audiophyte
Well, actually I just got my answer from RBH support :) It's a center.

They didn't have specs, only the model, it's a 700-CX. "Theater" series. Found in the 1994 catalog.

Thank you Brian @ RBH :)

Attachments

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, actually I just got my answer from RBH support :) It's a center.

They didn't have specs, only the model, it's a 700-CX. "Theater" series. Found in the 1994 catalog.

Thank you Brian @ RBH :)
Oh, so these are the Commercial/Pro theater series?

C

crispysilicon

Audiophyte
Found it

hxxps://www.americanradiohistory.com/hd2/IDX-Audio/Archive-Stereo-Review-IDX/IDX/90s/Stereo-Directory-1995-OCR-Page-0181.pdf

"Model 700-CX 2 -Way Center SpeakerTwo 6 -in midbass and 1 -in dome tweeter. Shielded.Power handl.ng 200 W; frequency response 50-22,000 Hz "

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
"Model 700-CX 2 -Way Center Speaker Two 6 -in midbass and 1 -in dome tweeter. Shielded.Power handling 200 W; frequency response 50-22,000 Hz "
I would set the 700-CX to Small like I would with all speakers and use a 100-200W amp/AVR.

C

crispysilicon

Audiophyte
A big thanks to Shane @ RBH for tracking this down.

I gave it an extended workout and love it. Great vocal clarity. It's a little odd having it on the floor rather than at eye level, but meh.

Funny side note, My FRL are CX-27s and this matches them quite well. CX... it was meant to be?

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Wow. What a neat find!!! Even cooler that Brian and Shane were able to track down the info for you. Now THAT'S customer service!

Interesting design. Makes a ton of sense from a theater design aspect and I'm actually a bit surprised that we don't see that more often. I wonder why it didn't really catch on.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis