RBH Sound Owner's Thread

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
^^
Oh wow. Enjoy your retirement, Mr. Hassing! Roger's a seriously cool guy. Got to hang out with him a couple times and always enjoyed his personality and passion for audio. Very interesting person who's a joy to know and I hope he gets to enjoy some well-deserved time off. (Maybe he'll get bored of retirement like Sandy Gross and come join the fun again, or just come hang out at RBH HQ to tinker around in the lab. Haha)

Welcome, Todd! Seems like he's had some good involvement with the company for a little while now, so as long as the crew's still there, I'm sure we'll be in good hands. Looking forward to seeing the company do well under his leadership!

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Happy retirement!

I am in audio nirvana with my new RBH setup. The only thing I need now is to upgrade to sv831r's up front

Oh, and to finalize the built-in removal so I can get these wires out of sight.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Happy retirement!

I am in audio nirvana with my new RBH setup. The only thing I need now is to upgrade to sv831r's up front

Looks nice. So you're removing the built-in TV cabinet? :D

Three SV831R's up front would be sick. Good to dream about for your custom dream house. :D

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Happy retirement!

Nice clean look bro!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Here is a picture from a friend of mine.

He just got a pair of RBH SVT/R Towers with a pair of RBH SA-500DSP Sub amps, RBH SV-821C Center, Yamaha CX-A5200 Pre-pro, and ATI AT527NC, and JVC NX7.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Here is a picture from a friend of mine.

He just got a pair of RBH SVT/R Towers with a pair of RBH SA-500DSP Sub amps, RBH SV-821C Center, Yamaha CX-A5200 Pre-pro, and ATI AT527NC, and JVC NX7.

The blue lighting in the background is a nice effect, but I wonder that it might be annoying if he had a dark image on the screen (like an outer space scene). I guess he can always turn it off or maybe it is on a dimmer.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The blue lighting in the background is a nice effect, but I wonder that it might be annoying if he had a dark image on the screen (like an outer space scene). I guess he can always turn it off or maybe it is on a dimmer.
Yeah, the blue illumination looks cool for show, but I would definitely turn all lightings off when I watch. But you never know. :D

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
In my experience, the LED surrounds actually HELP with perceived contrast and after the movie begins, you really don't even notice it. However, in my case I had it against a somewhat flat, dark paint so it wasn't really reflecting off of anything else but the immediate area it was shining onto.

It definitely helps the blacks "appear" blacker. You can tone down the brightness and I always liked changing the color to match the overall color scheme of the movie. Pacific Rim or Finding Nemo? Blue. Spiderman or Deadpool? Red. Mad Max? Like a tannish orange. If you color match depending upon the source material, it can absolutely enhance the overall experience.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
In my experience, the LED surrounds actually HELP with perceived contrast and after the movie begins, you really don't even notice it. However, in my case I had it against a somewhat flat, dark paint so it wasn't really reflecting off of anything else but the immediate area it was shining onto.

It definitely helps the blacks "appear" blacker. You can tone down the brightness and I always liked changing the color to match the overall color scheme of the movie. Pacific Rim or Finding Nemo? Blue. Spiderman or Deadpool? Red. Mad Max? Like a tannish orange. If you color match depending upon the source material, it can absolutely enhance the overall experience.
That's something I'd never heard or considered, but I think I can get on board with it. Learn something new every day here.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Pretty sure Philips had a line of tvs with that built in.
Them Bluetooth tower speakers have built-in lights to! Match a pair of those in a home theater room when your watching a Blu-ray DVD say from Pink Floyd. You have your own light show to match the light show on the stage of the performance. But I wouldn't run any music through them Bluetooth tower speakers. Just activate the lights on.:p;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Interesting. So these lights are meant to be kept on all the time. :D

I haven't been over to my friend's house after those lights were installed. So I'll have to check them out while watching a movie. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just saw Gene's YouTube interview with Shane Rich regarding "Exotic Driver Materials".

Toward the end, they talked about the new RBH dual 12" sub with dual front ports. The new cabinet looks significantly bigger than the SV1212 sub. They say the performance (Audioholics Extreme Bass Performance) is similar. Good thing is, the price is supposed to be "maybe half the SV1212 price". Will see. :D

E

Erod

Audioholic
What is the vertical dispersion angle of the signature models' AMT tweeter?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
What is the vertical dispersion angle of the signature models' AMT tweeter?
It will start to narrow where the wavelength of sound equals the diameter of the dimension that you are looking at. This AMT has a 10.84cm height, so it should start to narrow at 3,160Hz. It's a speaker that you will want to listen with ears level with the tweeter.

E

Erod

Audioholic
It will start to narrow where the wavelength of sound equals the diameter of the dimension that you are looking at. This AMT has a 10.84cm height, so it should start to narrow at 3,160Hz. It's a speaker that you will want to listen with ears level with the tweeter.
That I can do for the LCR.

So if I add some reference speakers for my side surrounds, which are about a 1-2 feet above my ear level and 7 feet from my listening position, you'd recommend I get the dome tweeter version for those?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis