Question on Yamaha YPAO

B

Bin

Junior Audioholic
Hi All,
I did some searches but couldn't find the answer i am looking for, hopefully some of the pros here that use YPAO can help.

I own a budget Yamaha receiver TSR7810, and i run 2 subwoofers.
In the YPAO screen, after the auto calibration is done on multi points, there's a screen with speakers location show up.
Usually i will go back in and do some manual adjustment such as speaker small xo 80hz, mess with speakers distances...so on....

When i come to subwoofer, the picture on the screen only show ONE subwoofer image instead of 2 that i am running.
I watch youtube on people that's running on higher model do have 2 subs (1&2) show up for them to adjust individually..
But mine only show 1 sub, and i also have option to do manual adjustment on 1 subs universally.

QUESTION :
Is my AVR working fine even though it's only showing 1 sub on the picture?
The subs do produce bass on both, but i am not sure if i am missing some adjustment on YPAO.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think only the higher end and more recent Yamaha avrs have the dual sub capability and the particular type of YPAO to take advantage (i.e. for separate level/delay adjustments). Does your avr manual indicate you should have adjustment capabilities for each sub pre-out? Otherwise quite common for the sub pre-out on a ".2" avr to simply be an internal splitter.

P

ProAVDIRECT

Audiophyte
I would agree the 2 sub setting is probably in higher end units. It is listed in my RX V2085 however.

B

Bin

Junior Audioholic
Ok thanks guys.
I will find the user manual and check. I do have 2 PreOut to each subs though.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ok thanks guys.
I will find the user manual and check. I do have 2 PreOut to each subs though.
But still it’s likely split internally and sending the same eq and signal out of both outputs.
Your AVR doesn’t know you have two subs.
Higher end models have some confusing BS about front and back and stereo and other weirdness. I don’t like ypao much. I even like mcacc better.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis