panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
They where Heavvvy, plus put out lots of heat. My Samsung 3D 51" ate up like 230 watts.
That's the big kicker for me in my office. If I shut the doors to watch something or play a game for a few hours, it gets warm and toasty in there pretty quick. Mine is up there at 585w for a 65". That's a lot of heat. Nice in what we call winter where I live, but I won't miss it when it's gone because of that heat.

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
That's the big kicker for me in my office. If I shut the doors to watch something or play a game for a few hours, it gets warm and toasty in there pretty quick. Mine is up there at 585w. That's a lot of heat. Nice in what we call winter where I live, but I won't miss it when it's gone because of that heat.
I’ve not noticed heat from the tv but do notice screen ghosting a lot .
No idea a 42” uses so many wattage !!

Wonder how much a day of usage cost .

Do oled have anti burn in stuff also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I’ve not noticed heat from the tv but do notice screen ghosting a lot .
No idea a 42” uses so many wattage !!

Wonder how much a day of usage cost .

Do oled have anti burn in stuff also

That wattage is for my 65". The 42" is much less and isn't being used. I corrected my other post.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
That wattage is for my 65". The 42" is much less and isn't being used. I corrected my other post.
How do you move a 65” plasma it must weigh 125 pounds ??
I wonder if that’s some sort of a specification error on my tv how can a 42” use 573 watts ??
Hope qd oled are released still even if not Samsung .
Qned are probably a few years away ehhhh ..

Qled aren’t good enough to replace my old Sony TVs .

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Just to make things more confusing, LG is marketing their new mini LED TVs as QNED.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Just to make things more confusing, LG is marketing their new mini LED TVs as QNED.
I saw that today. The poor general consumer has no hope of sorting this mess out. Glad I'm not the one that has to explain this stuff to customers anymore.

All you sales/installer folks have my sympathy. :confused:

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I saw that today. The poor general consumer has no hope of sorting this mess out. Glad I'm not the one that has to explain this stuff to customers anymore.

All you sales/installer folks have my sympathy. :confused:
What idiots to steal qned name for mini led ... tcl already makes a few models
Maybe I’ll wait til my current TVs malfunction or something.. micro led are cool but not worth an upgrade.

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

I am seeing this as an LG product not Samsung which is a different company.
Yeah not sure how much I trust lg my last Blu-ray player from them died easily .
$110 loss plus a movie lost inside it

I hardly believe the 1million contrast ... my led tv is only 5000:1
I probably won’t upgrade til 8k is standard
Lame cable providers don’t run 4k yet it’s been 6 years since release zzz .....

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Will these TVs ever exist ???

Yes, it sounds like that Samsung has realized that Micro LED is still vaporware and several years away from reality. This means that they are moving forward with their plans to release a OLED display from Samsung Display. So, they've purchased the rights and are gearing up to deliver to us their QOLED displays. I don't know if we will see any at all this year from them, but it does sound like they've had a reversal of thought on this matter and will put out a competitor to LG.

Frankly the 83" Sony OLED sounds like a model to really set the bar this year, but their price point is horrendous.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis