PSA subwoofers. I talked with Tom

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Don't forget a small nuclear reactor to power it... oh, and the cost reinforcing the foundation, too!

It may come with a warning about not using near active Fault Lines, Volcanoes, or Avalanche Zones.

Come to think... it may just be easier to get my hands on one of those fancy rotary Subs. ;)
I am not sure how they measured the output, but those rotary subs are quoted as being capable of 115dB. 135dB is 10 times that amount of amplitude.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I am not sure how they measured the output, but those rotary subs are quoted as being capable of 115dB. 135dB is 10 times that amount of amplitude.
You know... I'm not really serious about that. ;)
OK...
maybe just a little. :p

*blushes

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
But if my test model flies... How 'bout a 10cu.ft cabinet with 2 ea. 6" Precision Ports, ~49" long?

Who do ya love?

;)

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
Shady, how deep would the Sub need to be tuned? down around 10-12hz? Higher, but with enormous ports to handle the air velocity?
I demoed a Rythmik FV18 Paper cone and it didn't chuff at all with EOT.

My PSA TV1812 Also doesn't chuff with EOT.

Both of those subs have a port tune of 12hz.

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic

fv18pc never made a bad noise for me either at EXTREME spl.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
But if my test model flies... How 'bout a 10cu.ft cabinet with 2 ea. 6" Precision Ports, ~49" long?

Who do ya love?

;)
OHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:eek: .........

oh you just didn't! I know you just didn't go there bro!!!!!

im-so-excited-we-are-going-to-have-so-much-fun-meme.png

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Who do ya love?

;)
Don't worry Ryan!!!! Your ports will be safe with me!!!!! ...... Um.... :oops: ....... I don't think that came out right :oops:..............

ormaybeitdid

....... :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

I'll bet that's a big hit with folks when you have company or throw parties with a constant 11 hz sine wave playing all night... :p

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
I'll bet that's a big hit with folks when you have company or throw parties with a constant 11 hz sine wave playing all night... :p
Nah, when I have friends and family over we enjoy watching movies. The ULF & TR is awesome.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Nah, when I have friends and family over we enjoy watching movies. The ULF & TR is awesome.
Lol.

For the record I can play that tone in my room with no audible chuffing using multi subs, one nearfield, tho I've never measured at what spl. Two VTF-3 MK5s and a single RBH SV 1212NR.

*I made this short video just for fun when I first got the 1212.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Lol.

For the record I can play that tone in my room with no audible chuffing using multi subs, one nearfield, tho I've never measured at what spl. Two VTF-3 MK5s and a single RBH SV 1212NR.
Not too highjack this thread but do you think it would be worth it to try my PB 1000 near field? I bought the cable that would reach the back of my room but been hesitant to try it. It would take a bit of work but would fit behind the couch.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not too highjack this thread but do you think it would be worth it to try my PB 1000 near field? I bought the cable that would reach the back of my room but been hesitant to try it. It would take a bit of work but would fit behind the couch.

I already told you you should try it!

I edited in a video above I made when I first got my nearfield setup.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I already told you you should try it!

I edited in a video above I made when I first got my nearfield setup.
Oh right I forgot. Just been lazy. I have to find that cable and try it. What the hell. I'm getting curious.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh right I forgot. Just been lazy. I have to find that cable and try it. What the hell. I'm getting curious.

If you can get it dialed in I'd guess the upgrade would be as noticeable as when you got your PB2000 Pro.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
Lol.

*I made this short video just for fun when I first got the 1212.

That's awesome

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Holy crap!

I think you'll get more out of that PB1000 nearfield. It's tuned similarly with the PB2000 just with less oomph. Making it nearfield makes up for that lack of oomph and the TR is next level.

@shadyJ has nudged me a couple of times to give it a shot in my upgrade itch threads so I finally did. The difference is subtle until you get into ULF. Then it really shines. Way more tactile response with explosions and music with deep bass.

You will want to use a crossover point low enough to prevent any localization, so 80 hz or lower is recommended. I'm right at 80 myself and don't have any issues with it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis