CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
You’re not sending much to your subs by running your mains full range. I think it’s been mentioned to run all speakers as small and 80hz crossover. The way it is now with your mains set large and full range means very little info is being sent to LFE(subwoofer) ch.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
In the menu under "bass" you should have it set to "LFE", NOT "LFE + Main" and "LPF for LFE" should be at 120. Leave it that way. Don't change it, that is for 5.1 only and has zero effect on stereo for music.
Onkyo uses double bass instead of LFE+Main for terminology....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Onkyo also uses a crossover figure vs full range on the speaker level for terminology, rather than that stupid large/small stuff, at least on my older Onkyo it did.

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
So turn double bass off? It will not disable the second LFE pre out . It does have 2 or .2

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Onkyo also uses a crossover figure vs full range on the speaker level for terminology, rather than that stupid large/small stuff, at least on my older Onkyo it did.
So in that case he's gonna want it on the crossover figure, and NOT full range? Asking as well as stating, lol.

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
That’s correct 40-200 crossover or Full are the options under Mains

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So turn double bass off? It will not disable the second LFE pre out . It does have 2 or .2
Turn double bass off. All that does is send the bass frequencies to both your speakers and subs, bypassing your crossover. Hence "double bass".

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
Yeah that’s the pic showing 90 currently on the main.

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
Ok double off... well actually I’m noticing now. As soon as FULL is not selected, then it automatically disables Double Bass option. It’s grey out

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That damn LPF of LFE probably should have been left off avrs altogether.....it causes far more confusion that it offers any particular benefit of use.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
But I disagree about your advice not being good for my issues even with HLC. Your right about speaker positioning, that’s the first thing that helped. And then also helping with REW. And it started getting better.
Well... thank you for that! I was under the impression that no progress was made at all, but I'm glad to know we've been helpful in some capacity.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ok double off... well actually I’m noticing now. As soon as FULL is not selected, then it automatically disables Double Bass option. It’s grey out
Your manual would have the rules as to what speakers can be set to having a crossover vs double bass and the routing of LFE info without a sub when doing so, that sort of thing. Generally if your mains are set to use crossover the double bass type setting will be disabled. There are some avrs that can provide some flexibility in 2ch mode for this, but doubt yours has such.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That damn LPF of LFE probably should have been left off avrs altogether.....it causes far more confusion that it offers any particular benefit of use.
Yes!! The reason I zeroed in on it so fast is my own personal experience early on and being confused about it myself. They should just get rid if it altogether.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes!! The reason I zeroed in on it so fast is my own personal experience early on and being confused about it myself. They should just get rid if it altogether.
Part of the problem is the way LFE and "subs" have been intertwined in the terminology somewhat. Just different things going on, sometimes together.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis