Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
well the null reversed. still no peq yet. green is the new one. Orange is the LFE after AccuQ but before 80 crossover.
Looks like you have a new one. Are you still 180° with phase? I should have clarified what I meant by starting over. Basically reset everything back to default, remove any peq and put your phase setting back to 0.

PS, THEN run setup again.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
well the null reversed. still no peq yet. green is the new one. Orange is the LFE after AccuQ but before 80 crossover.
I'll tell you what, you're looking much better from about 400 hz all the way up to 20k. You definitely made some improvement there, and I'll bet it's audible. You had a big, albeit smooth, dip in your midrange.

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
I didn't even notice that part. that is good. I always felt mid was lacking. The phases are both 0 currently. PEG was off. sub us set to AV120 filter. crossover dialed at 120. Excursion is 14. low dampening.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I didn't even notice that part. that is good. I always felt mid was lacking. The phases are both 0 currently. PEG was off. sub us set to AV120 filter. crossover dialed at 120. Excursion is 14. low dampening.
Yeah, I have no clue what AV120 filter means, but you're saying the crossover on your sub is turned up to 120? Just clarifying. Is there a way to bypass your sub's filter altogether?

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
there is a crossover dial. then there is a 50/80/120 filter the manual says 120 is for managed bass for HT receivers

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
current no smoothing
I think that is a definite imorovement. The dip at 55 is not as pronounced but you did pick up another at about 32 hz. Overall an improvement tho, and your subs and speakers seem to be on the same page now.

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
yes thanks for the help. it does look a lot better. And thank you for your patience.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
there is a crossover dial. then there is a 50/80/120 filter the manual says 120 is for managed bass for HT receivers
AV120 is what the manual recommends when using your avr's bass management? That may be what I'm thinking of about bypassing. Sounds about right. You don't want your sub doing any filtering or crossovering at all. Let the avr do all of that. Looking at your last sweep it appears your subs and speakers are blended a little better now.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So let's compare. I snagged your first chart from page... 5, I think.

Here's the first one.

sub 80 cross.jpg

Now the 2 newest.

LFE 80 cross 120sub.jpg
no peq LFE 0 phase.jpg

By golly I think we realized some significant improvements! Hopefully that translates from paper to audibility. We might be able to do something with that dip at 32 hz now too. Let us know what you think after you spend some time listening!

D

Dreamweaverx5000

Audioholic
I really don’t understand the hump that starts at 200. It comes from the speakers without subs too. I’m sure the speakers where probably produced to be flat? You think that’s room, input, or speakers doing that ? If I get close with one speaker would that tell anything about it. Or maybe that normally how lows look ?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've been told GIK Acoustics is a pretty solid company to work with. You might be able to email your measurement file for some troubleshooting. I have no clue if they would charge you for it or what tho. Like I said, been dragging my feet.
GIK wont charge you for their advice. They have a form that you can fill in and upload pictures, measurements.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I really don’t understand the hump that starts at 200. It comes from the speakers without subs too. I’m sure the speakers where probably produced to be flat? You think that’s room, input, or speakers doing that ? If I get close with one speaker would that tell anything about it. Or maybe that normally how lows look ?
Your room is doing that. Even the flattest anechoically measuring speaker will be affected by the room. You need an anechoic chamber or free air to get an accurate measurement of just the speaker by itself.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis