Post Your Home Theater Here!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks Fuzz. Those NXG speakers are incredible little speakers, too bad they got discontinued or else it would be my suggestion for anyone on a budget. The tweeters are so darn good and clear. The NXG center dialog is so clear and might even outshine any centers I had. I'm so glad The Jman had a spare set.:cool: They beat the Infinities, JBL and klipsch centers I owned and sold. Yup you guess it, the Klipsch will be used pretty soon in another setup...oh and some other stuff isa comin...stay tuned.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Stay tuned!

Last edited by a moderator:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Well I recently wanted to setup my HDTV to some new computer speaker 2.1's set to conserve some electricity when not watching 5.1/7.1 movies, but decided I wanted to get something a bit better, so I moved my Klipsch RB25's(Thanks Mac) to serve it a little better. Saw that there was a sale on the Pyle PCA1(1st time trying out their product) for only 15 bucks(went back up to $30) and said why not and bought it. I hooked it up to my TV and was impressed right away. At the 12/1:30 o'clock volume was just enough. Then I went to check the music on Pandora had to turn it down to 9-10:30 o'clock position. If I wanted to do a party 12'oclock position would be enough believe me. I just hooked my old Fiio E3 Headphone Amp($15 at the time, now $30) which doesn't get much use to see If I can hear a difference with my recently bought SanDisk Sansa Clip+ MP3/Flac player(sale 20$) and BOY everything come to life even more, besides the volume bump!:eek: The bass was tight and everything was perfect for my needs! No brightness Imcloud at all:p it sounds great I tell ya! To anyone who is on a tight budget I'd suggest this type of setup. I am more than impressed and shocked, gulp. The Pyle LCD light is very bright, so I put a little sticker so it would be a little darker, but enough to see the red light. If the Plye goes on sale again I'm getting another one! Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
How did you connect it to your pc? With the rca's? Did you plug it in where would have plugged in pc speakers? Oh, and congratulations!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks PSBFAN9. No, Pyle plugged directly to the Fiio E3 via female adapter(found one at home and one on the way. Pic of it below)to the TV and If I wanna play the mp3 player I just disconnect it from the Fiio and connect the mp3 player. I can't believe how good the combo sounds/works dang. I thought it would be a weak little amp that I had to turn up all the way to get a decent sound, boy was I wrong.:cool: The computer setup is next though and this is why I'm getting a 2nd. Pyle or maybe a SMSL High Power-SA-50, although I doubt I'll need all that power of the SMSL.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Uturn says available in March on their website.
Yea, but they've shipped a lot of their kickstarter orders already. I just wasn't sure if his was an order from their website or a kickstarter order.

bears_t2

bears_t2

Junior Audioholic
Well I've been lurking here for a while soo I suppose I should let y'all see what I've got.
100_3996.jpg100_3997.jpg100_4000.jpg100_4001.jpg100_4003.jpg
Well there is a lot more see my sig I guess lol

bears_t2

bears_t2

Junior Audioholic
Ya I've got to fix that TV. I need to move it up about 6-8in. My 818 hmmmmm... After being in the shop for 2 months it's fine now LOL. But my time without it was HECK indeed. Other than that I love it. Thanks for looking at my setup.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
What was wrong with the 818? I've never read anything bad.

bears_t2

bears_t2

Junior Audioholic
Well, my 818 fried itself out from what they tell me. So they replaced multiple boards and i hope that fixes anything else wrong with it for a while. i was lucky to be in warranty then but no more I've also got a Antec cooler for amps coming soon. so I hope that keeps it cooler. Is that piece in the pics yours? And how tall is that space where the center channel is? I need about 8in for mine to fit into there.

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
Bears_t2

That's a good looking setup you have going.

What was wrong with the 818? I've never read anything bad.
My money is on catastrophic thermal shutdown due to inadequate ventilation :).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis