Post Your Home Theater Here!

R

RevolutionUnion

Enthusiast
Some absolutely amazing sound systems here! Here is my college budget sound system.

I listen to FLAC only on home sound system I use FOOBAR 2000 media player, I found this is the best overall customizable FLAC player.

Specs

12 gauge wiring banana clips on towers.

Receiver - Onkyo HRT-550 7.2 110rms per channel

Towers - Yamaha NS-777 bi-amped

Center Channel - Polk audio a7

Surrounds - JBL north-bridge series-11

Front left sub - JBL - PSW-D112

Front right sub - Jenison - JS1000

Thanks,

Grant.

J

JonFo

Audiophyte
Here is my custom HT, I designed the house around this room which was optimized for the all MartinLogan Electrostat setup.

It features full acoustic treatments along with active speaker processing and room correction. Nothing stock about the speakers or config.

Bass is supported by a 4x15" Infinite Baffle sub that can pressurize the room and make your ears pop on the right tracks :cool:

It was designed for function to deliver highest quality sound, but we did try a bit for looks as well, but that's second in my book.

Oh, and the Old School CRT projector is still humming along after 14 years, and yes, it does HD via HDMI inputs. And no, I've never had to replace a 'bulb' :p
PJ is about to be replaced with an LED/Laser PJ as I hate bulbs.

Pics:

Front view:

Rear View, note 3D diffusor and stacks of bass traps in the rear corners:

I am a total Surround music and movie buff, so I needed a kick-a$$ center speaker and ML does not make one to my taste, so I designed and built the worlds best MartinLogan center speaker :

Note: early install photo with acoustic screen down, and before acoustic treatments on the wall behind the center. The center is bolted to the top if IB sub also in this pic. It is the most solid center I've seen.

More on this theater at my site

All gear is in an adjoining air-conditioned equipment room featuring its own custom balanced power sub-system for the gear.

Partial gear list:
- Denon AVP-A1HDci Processor
- Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 5x400 for panels
- Sunfire Cinema Grand 5x200 for sides, rear woofers and center mid-bass array
- Sunfire stereo 2x200 for Monolith Woofers
- Crown XLS602 2x600 (4Ohm) for Infinite Baffle sub
- DBX DriveRack 260 speaker processor (Rears )
- DBX DriveRack 4800 speaker processor (Monolith,SL3XC, sub, tactile transducer)
- Guitamer Buttkicker 1000w amp and Tactile Transducer (on couch)
- Denon DVD2930ci Universal player connected via DenonLink3 to AVP
- Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD player
- Panasonic DMP-BD75 Blu-Ray player / Netflix streaming
- Sony PlayStation3 - streamed content and Games (GT HD)
- DirecTV HR20-700 High Definition DSS DVR (x2)
- Pioneer Elite CLD-97 (w/AC-3 upgrade) LaserDisc player
- HTPC - quad core, 3GB w/ATI 4750 video card with HDMI and HDMI audio (bitstreams HD formats and multichannel LPCM)
- Sony G70 8” CRT front projector, Stewart Studiotek 130 micro-perf screen
- Moome HDMI with HDCP input card for G70, includes IR adjustable Gamma Control
- Fully automated AV controller using Cebotics Housebot
- RealTraps and RPG Acoustics room treatments
- Custom acoustic treatments
- Balanced Power subsystem
- Salamander Design racks (twin 7' units) in dedicated, cooled equipment room

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
3db's man/family cave

Its modest but works well to provide my family and I an escape. :)

Last edited:
rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
That is quite the system you put together JonFo :cool:. I'd love to hear those big electrostats with that IB. How are you doing bass management?

Here is my custom HT, I designed the house around this room which was optimized for the all MartinLogan Electrostat setup.

It features full acoustic treatments along with active speaker processing and room correction. Nothing stock about the speakers or config.

Bass is supported by a 4x15" Infinite Baffle sub that can pressurize the room and make your ears pop on the right tracks :cool:

It was designed for function to deliver highest quality sound, but we did try a bit for looks as well, but that's second in my book.

Oh, and the Old School CRT projector is still humming along after 14 years, and yes, it does HD via HDMI inputs. And no, I've never had to replace a 'bulb' :p
PJ is about to be replaced with an LED/Laser PJ as I hate bulbs.

Pics:

Front view:

Rear View, note 3D diffusor and stacks of bass traps in the rear corners:

I am a total Surround music and movie buff, so I needed a kick-a$$ center speaker and ML does not make one to my taste, so I designed and built the worlds best MartinLogan center speaker :

Note: early install photo with acoustic screen down, and before acoustic treatments on the wall behind the center. The center is bolted to the top if IB sub also in this pic. It is the most solid center I've seen.

More on this theater at my site

All gear is in an adjoining air-conditioned equipment room featuring its own custom balanced power sub-system for the gear.

Partial gear list:
- Denon AVP-A1HDci Processor
- Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 5x400 for panels
- Sunfire Cinema Grand 5x200 for sides, rear woofers and center mid-bass array
- Sunfire stereo 2x200 for Monolith Woofers
- Crown XLS602 2x600 (4Ohm) for Infinite Baffle sub
- DBX DriveRack 260 speaker processor (Rears )
- DBX DriveRack 4800 speaker processor (Monolith,SL3XC, sub, tactile transducer)
- Guitamer Buttkicker 1000w amp and Tactile Transducer (on couch)
- Denon DVD2930ci Universal player connected via DenonLink3 to AVP
- Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD player
- Panasonic DMP-BD75 Blu-Ray player / Netflix streaming
- Sony PlayStation3 - streamed content and Games (GT HD)
- DirecTV HR20-700 High Definition DSS DVR (x2)
- Pioneer Elite CLD-97 (w/AC-3 upgrade) LaserDisc player
- HTPC - quad core, 3GB w/ATI 4750 video card with HDMI and HDMI audio (bitstreams HD formats and multichannel LPCM)
- Sony G70 8” CRT front projector, Stewart Studiotek 130 micro-perf screen
- Moome HDMI with HDCP input card for G70, includes IR adjustable Gamma Control
- Fully automated AV controller using Cebotics Housebot
- RealTraps and RPG Acoustics room treatments
- Custom acoustic treatments
- Balanced Power subsystem
- Salamander Design racks (twin 7' units) in dedicated, cooled equipment room

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Here's my basic system pre Jamo Center and Jamo SUB300 set up. Those are going in tomorrow hopefully.

The 2 Silver boxes between my TV and Jamo fronts are 7.5" (bizarre, huh?) Sony passive subs that are powered by a Yamaha AVC-50 amplifier (bottom of rack) crossed over at 80hz which have served me alright for a few years in my condo. I don't know how low they go, but they still produce bass even when crossed over at 40hz, so I can't complain. I can't wait to hear what a 300 watt BASH amplified 10 sounds like in here! Hopefully no noise complaints! :)

My Bose rears aren't pictured, but sit on either side of my couch with the top halves facing backward to bounce off my kitchen and the bottom halves facing each other and towards the listening position- basically where this picture was taken from.

I'd like my fronts to breathe better but I just don't have the room to pull them forward unfortunately.

I like the layout looks good :D

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nice systeam :D
Thanks, although it's different now. The speakers are placed further out, sub is outside of the desk, and the amp has been replaced by an HK3490. I do most of my listening now using my DT880s though, so my Behringers don't get a lot of use.

D

dgkirkman

Enthusiast
our modest theater..here's some pics that take u around our (wife approved) living room (17'x20')

[/IMG]

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
My latest front arrangement with the GR Research center speaker that just arrived a couple days ago.

Attachments

Eastthunderhead

Eastthunderhead

Enthusiast
This is my home theater/listening room. Used Klipsch highs for the first time after seeing their equiptment at disneyland and universal studios, and was very excited to try it at home. The subwoofer enclosures, I built some years ago after seeing an engineer's design of the dual horn 10.5cu ft cabinets used in the Terminator 3-d auditorium at Universal studios Florida. Originally for 18'' woofers, I opted for a smaller, lighter paper coned woofer designed for high output applications. Sounds fantastic, the bass is very thunderous and responsive; and the klipsch equipment is very clear as well.

Video: Sony Bravia AW15, Vizio 55''
Bluray: Playstation 3
Main stage: Klipsch KF-28
Center:Klipsch KC-25
Rear Stage: KF-26
Sub: 2 Powerbass XXX 15''s
Power: High's, pioneer VSX-522
Power: Lows, Maxxsonic 1600 watt@1ohm
Additional power: Shumacher 200amp industrial charger~2 optima Red top power cells

Last edited:
T

twoeyedbob

Audioholic
Cant believe the sheer coneage in some of you guys systems over the pond...
Here's a poor picture of my modest system,comprising:

Yamaha rx v667
Mordaunt short ms20i pearl edition's all round x4
Fronts bi-amped.
2 x ms10i's pearl's as centre.
Rel strata 5 sub (apparently not well thought off over there,but
Well regarded here..weird).
Onkyo dvd(getting oppo soon :)).
Ageing optoma h30a projector....new bulb though :).
In a box i made up, to stop it sucking in my cigarette smoke.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
This is my home theater/listening room. Used Klipsch highs for the first time after seeing their equiptment at disneyland and universal studios, and was very excited to try it at home. The subwoofer enclosures, I built some years ago after seeing an engineer's design of the dual horn 10.5cu ft cabinets used in the Terminator 3-d auditorium at Universal studios Florida. Originally for 18'' woofers, I opted for a smaller, lighter paper coned woofer designed for high output applications. Sounds fantastic, the bass is very thunderous and responsive; and the klipsch equipment is very clear as well.

Video: Sony Bravia AW15, Vizio 55''
Bluray: Playstation 3
Main stage: Klipsch KF-28
Center:Klipsch KC-25
Rear Stage: KF-26
Sub: 2 Powerbass XXX 15''s
Power: High's, pioneer VSX-522
Power: Lows, Maxxsonic 1600 watt@1ohm
Additional power: Shumacher 200amp industrial charger~2 optima Red top power cells
looks good mate, love the car amp and subs I ran dual 12s and a 1600rms 2 channel amp

pmcenaney

pmcenaney

Audioholic Intern
pmcenaney's HT

Home Theater.jpg

Pretty basic setup right now. I'm gonna bee building on it extensively over the coming months, starting with two of avaserfi's "simple kappa perfect" cabinets. The drivers I already own as part of a previous mobile install (I've also got 2x JBL 1224's from that install which are very similar to my Infinity 12d VQ's, not sure if I'll bother incorporating them sometime down the road or not, as I've gotten over the whole "Mobile boom-box" thing.) My Peavey IPR 1600 should be coming any day now, as well as all the wiring and connectors I've got on order.

Screen: Panasonic 65GT30
Receiver: Sony STR-DN610
Sub Amp: Peavey IPR-1600
Subs: 2x Infinity Kappa Perfect 12dVQ (Also Yamaha SFW050)
Speakers: Old Panasonic's from a "Home Theater in a box"
HTPC: Intel i5-2400 3.10ghz - Win7 64bit - Mediabrowser (6TB+ Movies/Television) - Voice Recognition
Game Systems: PS3 Move - Xbox360 Kinect - Wii

Aside from that, future plans include:

- Dedicated home theater room (My current setup will be staying in the living room, excluding the Infinity's, I've got a little Yamaha SFW050 that does the trick for my living room setup.)
- New speakers all around (right now I'm just running speakers from an old HTIAB to my Sony STR-DN610, haven't decided on where to go for speakers yet, depending on budget...)
- Panasonic AE8000
- Haven't decided on a screen yet
- Leaning towards the Denon 2113ci for pre-amp/receiver

As you can see, I've got a pretty tall order on the table! But I know it'll all come together, piece by piece. Plus, I don't think my current setup is all that bad either ;)

Eastthunderhead

Eastthunderhead

Enthusiast
looks good mate, love the car amp and subs I ran dual 12s and a 1600rms 2 channel amp
Thanks Bryceo. Sweet, I’ll have to poke around and check out your setup. Always curious to see how folks are intertwining their car equipment

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Thanks Bryceo. Sweet, I’ll have to poke around and check out your setup. Always curious to see how folks are intertwining their car equipment
It's quiet easy if you no how it work I uesd a deep cell 12 volt battrey and a 500 amp industrial charger how did you go about your remote wire?

Eastthunderhead

Eastthunderhead

Enthusiast
It's quiet easy if you no how it work I uesd a deep cell 12 volt battrey and a 500 amp industrial charger how did you go about your remote wire?
I agree. Nothing complicated, I've got a separate little power run through a couple of switches, one for accessory lighting and the other is to kick on the amp and EQ. 500amps, dang! That's power.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Video Gear:
Panasonic TC-P46G15
Elite Screens Cinetension2 92" with powergain material
Epson Home Cinema 8500UB
Oppo BDP-95

Power Management:
APC S15
APC C3BLK

Audio Gear:
Onkyo TX-NR 3009
Cinepro 1K2
AB International 800.2
Perreaux 6000B
Threshold S/300e
Crown XLS2500
Behringer DEQ2496
DSPeaker AntiMode 2.0 Dual Core

Speakers:
Philharmonic 3
Custom Salk Songtower
Source Technology 8.3
Source Technology RC4
Source Technology Rear Surround

Subwoofers:
Outlaw LFM-1 EX
DIY Pierce Audio 18" sealed

Computer Setup (not pictured):
Outlaw 970
SMSL S98
EMP E-41B

Last edited:
Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
I agree. Nothing complicated, I've got a separate little power run through a couple of switches, one for accessory lighting and the other is to kick on the amp and EQ. 500amps, dang! That's power.
Yeah I done that as well I uesd a 12 volt trigger switch plugged in to my reciever :) was good have you got any other pictures of your setup on the car gear?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis