Post up things that you “Hate” Anything goes.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Good day to you, too Mr. Phil!
Thanks Ryan. Have had some stomach issues today. So, I have not been on much. I am taking some new meds that may explain why my stomach is acting up. I does appear, however, that the meds are working. Just a matter of getting used to them. :) Have a good night.

Cheers,

Phil

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Thanks Ryan. Have had some stomach issues today. So, I have not been on much. I am taking some new meds that may explain why my stomach is acting up. I does appear, however, that the meds are working. Just a matter of getting used to them. :) Have a good night.

Cheers,

Phil
Sorry to hear you're ill. Doxycycline does that me when I take it. Hope you get to feeling better. Have a good night. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry to hear you're ill. Doxycycline does that me when I take it. Hope you get to feeling better. Have a good night. :)
Thanks Ryan for the well wishes. I am finished with the antibiotics. But, have a couple of new meds that are working. However, the new meds may take some getting used to. Just have a lot of nausea right now. Have a blessed night yourself. :)

Cheers,

Phil

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I hate racists.

My father, who is white btw but has a good tan, was digging a hole in his yard to fix a sprinkler when someone drove by and yelled "go back to mexico!"

More evidence that racism is making a comeback and further proof the racists are morons.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I've got something to post that I don't hate. In fact it makes me happy. But it requires talking about fixing toilets.

I've got a bathroom upstairs, in the hallway, that rarely gets used. But the house will be full Thanksgiving week. That bathroom's toilet keeps running after you flush it. The flush valve (the flapper) closes OK, but the fill valve doesn't shut off when the tank fills. Water runs down the vertical pipe in the tank. So I shut off the water to it. I've known about it for weeks, but ignored it until yesterday. My wife (who apparently likes thinking about toilets more than me) reminded me yesterday to fix it, or she would call a plumber :eek:.

I moved into this house when it was new, a bit more than 25 years ago. Within a few months I replaced the fill valve and flappers on all 3 toilets. I installed Fluidmaster replacements, the 400A fill valves and standard red silicone rubber flappers. I've had little or no problems with them, and I highly recommend them. They're simple to install and work much better than the old type of toilet innards. A while later, I bought 3 or 4 replacement flappers, and replacement seals (part #242) for the fill valve. I stashed them in the back of closet upstairs, and on rare occasions I had to replace a flapper.

Yesterday, the toilet in question needed a new seal for the fill valve. I had forgotten I had a handful of them until I rummaged in that closet. It took me more time to find the parts in the back of the closet than it did to take out the old original seal and pop in the new one. An easy fix! No problems! The Fluidmaster fill valve has lasted 25 years and only once needed a cheap (now costs $2.75) repair. Sometimes life is good :).

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I've got something to post that I don't hate. In fact it makes me happy. But it requires talking about fixing toilets.

I've got a bathroom upstairs, in the hallway, that rarely gets used. But the house will be full Thanksgiving week. That bathroom's toilet keeps running after you flush it. The flush valve (the flapper) closes OK, but the fill valve doesn't shut off when the tank fills. Water runs down the vertical pipe in the tank. So I shut off the water to it. I've known about it for weeks, but ignored it until yesterday. My wife (who apparently likes thinking about toilets more than me) reminded me yesterday to fix it, or she would call a plumber :eek:.

I moved into this house when it was new, a bit more than 25 years ago. Within a few months I replaced the fill valve and flappers on all 3 toilets. I installed Fluidmaster replacements, the 400A fill valves and standard red silicone rubber flappers. I've had little or no problems with them, and I highly recommend them. They're simple to install and work much better than the old type of toilet innards. A while later, I bought 3 or 4 replacement flappers, and replacement seals (part #242) for the fill valve. I stashed them in the back of closet upstairs, and on rare occasions I had to replace a flapper.

Yesterday, the toilet in question needed a new seal for the fill valve. I had forgotten I had a handful of them until I rummaged in that closet. It took me more time to find the parts in the back of the closet than it did to take out the old original seal and pop in the new one. An easy fix! No problems! The Fluidmaster fill valve has lasted 25 years and only once needed a cheap (now costs $2.75) repair. Sometimes life is good :).
It's nice when you find the long lost parts, make the fix and it's good to go! Makes for a nice day.

Tonight I get to go help a relative move an upright piano into their basement. Joy!!!

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Thanks for all of the great Advice! Too everyone on this Forum!! I gave the speakers to my Son, he loves them! Truly they pair very well with his Onkyo NR656 AVR. Those
RBH Elites speakers ok I believe. So again thanks everybody! May everyone have a great Thanksgiving and a merry Christmas! Jesus first Guys! Thank You Phil! I needed to hear that! Love you Phil! May the love of Jesus be with You! I ask for forgiveness for posting all those post about the Women that where my life, I ask Jesus to forgive me as I forgive those, and May our Load Jesus bless those that I hurt. I just needed to say this Guys!

Your friend

Mike

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
This post goes out to Mr Gene , and a Mod please if it’s Possible to go over All of my post Especially the ones where I said hateful mean things about People. Male/Female, Please delete as many if not all. Thanks again to all of the old timers and the new members I Learned a lot and pick up some great tips with audio video. Plus made some friends! All good guys I just need to chill.

Mike

Last edited:
KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Mr. Mike @TechHDS , did you ignore me? I can't send you a private message or view your profile. What did I do to hurt your feelings? And if I did, I'm very sorry. I just have no clue what could've upset you other than your speakers, and I didn't make a remark on that. If I didn't, check to see if you accidentally ignored me.
Best regards,
Ryan

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
I hate racists.

My father, who is white btw but has a good tan, was digging a hole in his yard to fix a sprinkler when someone drove by and yelled "go back to mexico!"

More evidence that racism is making a comeback and further proof the racists are morons.
I agree. I despise racists. I'm sad that Mike @TechHDS left AH. He was a good pal. Thankfully I've still got ya'll, @speakerman39 @Drunkpenguin @snakeeyes @gene @Swerd , and @lovinthehd , and so many others, to list a few. Ya'll are great pals. I hope he will come back soon. He just needs some time alone, away from us, I guess. I don't know why he wants to get away from us, but it's his decision. Goodbye, old friend.
Thanks,
Ryan

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for all of the great Advice! Too everyone on this Forum!! I gave the speakers to my Son, he loves them! Truly they pair very well with his Onkyo NR656 AVR. Those
RBH Elites speakers ok I believe. So again thanks everybody! May everyone have a great Thanksgiving and a merry Christmas! Jesus first Guys! Thank You Phil! I needed to hear that! Love you Phil! May the love of Jesus be with You! I ask for forgiveness for posting all those post about the Women that where my life, I ask Jesus to forgive me as I forgive those, and May our Load Jesus bless those that I hurt. I just needed to say this Guys!

Your friend

Mike
Mike, taking some time off is a good plan. Sometimes life gets busy and down right stressful. We all deal with it. I am not upset at you at all. Really hate to see you leave for good. Hope that you will reconsider. Have really enjoyed having you here Mike. In the end, it is up to you. Just know you will be missed. :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I agree. I despise racists. I'm sad that Mike @TechHDS left AH. He was a good pal. Thankfully I've still got ya'll, @speakerman39 @Drunkpenguin @snakeeyes @gene @Swerd , and @lovinthehd , and so many others, to list a few. Ya'll are great pals. I hope he will come back soon. He just needs some time alone, away from us, I guess. I don't know why he wants to get away from us, but it's his decision. Goodbye, old friend.
Thanks,
Ryan
Hello there Mr. Ryan. I agree Mike is going to be missed. Maybe he will reconsider and come back. Hope all is well. Have a great day my friend. :)

Cheers,

Phil

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Hello there Mr. Ryan. I agree Mike is going to be missed. Maybe he will reconsider and come back. Hope all is well. Have a great day my friend. :)

Cheers,

Phil
Don't call me Mr. Ryan Mr. Phil.I'm too young for that! LOL! Yes, hopefully he'll reconsider. He just needs to get away from everyone, and he'll come back. I know he will. :) Have a great day too, my friend. :) About to eat me a pulled pork barbecue plate with black eyed peas and a salad with ranch dressing! Yummy!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Don't call me Mr. Ryan Mr. Phil.I'm too young for that! LOL! Yes, hopefully he'll reconsider. He just needs to get away from everyone, and he'll come back. I know he will. :) Have a great day too, my friend. :) About to eat me a pulled pork barbecue plate with black eyed peas and a salad with ranch dressing! Yummy!
No worries Ryan. I agree in that Mike will come around again. We eat a lot of pulled pork here ourselves. However, I have eaten so much that I am a bit burnt out on it. Be sure to enjoy it. Making some Mexican Haystack here later this afternoon. It is delicious as well! :cool:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Really hate it that it has been freezing rain here all night. The temp has stayed below freezing and now it is snowing. Weather like this reminds me of the Winter we had here in Western KY back in 1978. It was awful to say the least. Still feel so guilty that I missed so much school b/c of all of the snow. IIRC, I missed over 4-weeks. Maybe I need to make it up eh........LOL!!!! :eek: Looking at some of my old report cards I sure was well behaved-NOT! :p It is hard to believe, but it is very true......LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis