Please watch buying from Onkyo, Klipsch, or 11trading

B

Booberjang

Audiophyte
I have been saving up for a while to update my home theater receiver. I had been using an Onkyo tx-nr646 for about 6 years.
I really wanted multichannel SACD built into the receiver. I went to Onkyo's page and saw that they had some refurbs for sale. So I bought a refurb tx-nr686 for 399.
Then nothing. For a couple days. I contacted onkyo with an email to find out the status. They said they didn't have it BUT I could buy a new tx-nr696 for just a bit more.
I was ecstatic. I couldn't believe I was getting a new great amp for cheap. Well. The money for the 686 was back in my account right away. The lady on the phone from customer service said that they don't save any card info so I had to give her my info again. What a deal. So I thought.

They sent me 2 of the tx-nr696 receivers by mistake. One from 11 trading and one from Klipsch.
I never ordered 2 receivers. But they went ahead and charged me twice anyway. Without any paperwork or order for the second one. I didn't get any kind of receipt. Of course I didn't want 2 receivers so I emailed them right away. The money was taken out of my account by 2 different companies and I never gave them permission to do this. One payment was to 11 trading and one was to Klipsch. So obviously they saved my card info.
I am now trying to get my money back from them. I had them take the second receiver back - they sent me a ups label in an email.
They received the receiver yesterday but I still don't have my money back. And they won't give me an answer to when I will get my money back. What company does this? This was the absolute worst experience I have ever had dealing directly with a company. I have bought equipment from JBL, Aperion, Infinity, Emotiva, and of course Harman.
Please watch before dealing with this company directly. I will never buy another Onkyo (if they make it) or Klipsch product again.

I just really hope they get the money back into my account because I was not prepared for this money to be taken.

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Frustrating for sure. Hope you get a return of funds soon.:confused:

B

Booberjang

Audiophyte
Yes. They are trying to come back. Klipsch is the dealership now I guess. They started 11Trading Co to move the receivers. (Just found all of this out) It looks like they will be trying to pair Klipsch with Onkyo to fight against the other giant umbrella corp.
Sadly the day I got my receivers- there was a story in my news feed about Onkyo possibly being taken down off of the Japan Stock Exchange. It still doesn't look the greatest for Onkyo.
I am finding out alot while trying to get MY money back from them.
All I know for sure is that I will never deal with them again.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
So you returned your avr and never got a refund ? Ouch what else did you lose Klipch speakers? How much money lost $1000+

B

Booberjang

Audiophyte
They took the money out on the first without my permission or authorization and still haven't put it back. It was just a receiver that I never ordered. I sent it right back. They have had it since Tuesday.

I really like the new receiver I actually ordered and paid for - but I now have to try and sell it (at a loss) to make up for the missing money from my account.

They admit they totally screwed up. But they have red tape to go thru before giving me my money back. I guess that's more important than an actual repeat customer. I have been using Onkyo since 2015.
Looks like I should of went with Denon. I am also worried if I keep the new receiver and it has any problems that I will have to deal with this same horrible customer service.
So it's probably better to sell it anyway.
I am seriously about to get a lawyer to see if I can do anything.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
They took the money out on the first without my permission or authorization and still haven't put it back. It was just a receiver that I never ordered. I sent it right back. They have had it since Tuesday.

I really like the new receiver I actually ordered and paid for - but I now have to try and sell it (at a loss) to make up for the missing money from my account.

They admit they totally screwed up. But they have red tape to go thru before giving me my money back. I guess that's more important than an actual repeat customer. I have been using Onkyo since 2015.
Looks like I should of went with Denon. I am also worried if I keep the new receiver and it has any problems that I will have to deal with this same horrible customer service.
Did you charge this, or debit?
If a Visa or Mastercard, you may be able to reach out to either company about the protections they give to cardholders. The double charge and lack of response crediting it is definitely worth reporting.
A lawyer may not be able to do anything for you at this point, but notifying your Bank or Card Service of an unauthorized charge is completely reasonable.
Considering Onkyo/Pioneers financial troubles, I would highly recommend not pursuing their products until the dust settles!

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
You may need to write a letter to the credit card company explaining in detail what happened, hope you get that mess corrected.

Back in October 2020 I bought a used DVD from E-Bay, it still has not arrived (from Greece!), but since I'm out under $25.00 doubtful I'll ever see it. Learned my lesson about Flea Bay. LOL

B

Booberjang

Audiophyte
Update.
They put my money back today!!!
Phew.
I now can keep the receiver I wanted. I still would recommend not buying direct. And of course I'm worried about any warranty/cust service problems.

Onkyo has really changed their sound alot since 2015.
I was trying to stick with onkyo because the amp sections in alot of the new receivers are kinda wimpy. Or at least underpowered.
I was thinking about getting that new Yamaha from Costco but I think I will be better off with this one. I am thinking about doing a review and possibly a comparison on this newer Onkyo to the 2015 version (TX-NR696 - TX-NR646).

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Joy! That’s a relief, I’m sure. I like my 696. It sits next to an unplugged V6A. But, that sorted tale is in another thread. Have fun!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
You may need to write a letter to the credit card company explaining in detail what happened, hope you get that mess corrected.

Back in October 2020 I bought a used DVD from E-Bay, it still has not arrived (from Greece!), but since I'm out under $25.00 doubtful I'll ever see it. Learned my lesson about Flea Bay. LOL
You should have complained to eBay via the Resolution Center and you would have got your money refunded.

I have been an eBay member for 17 years. I was reimbursed twice, once for a non receipt of an amplifier, and the second occurrence for a tape deck which was damaged in transit because the seller hadn't securely packed the item. In this latter case, I only had to pay for the return shipping. The seller didn't want to refund, but eBay refunded me the full selling price including the shipping cost.

As a matter of fact with any situation, if you don't ask, you never know what is possible.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

They admit fault and are refunding your card, but need to work through some red tape first? Likely on a skeleton crew in post covid times when everything is running slower too.

I understand the frustration but it sounds to me like the company isn't blowing you off or screwing you over...

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
You should have complained to eBay via the Resolution Center and you would have got your money refunded.

I have been an eBay member for 17 years. I was reimbursed twice, once for a non receipt of an amplifier, and the second occurrence for a tape deck which was damaged in transit because the seller hadn't securely packed the item. In this latter case, I only had to pay for the return shipping. The seller didn't want to refund, but eBay refunded me the full selling price including the shipping cost.

As a matter of fact with any situation, if you don't ask, you never know what is possible.
I DID try the e-bay resolution center! No help, they can't find the item I ordered and was charged for via PAYPAL! Next step is the BBB, but what a hassle to try and recover $21.24. Chalk it up to experience, NEVER will I use E-Bay again!
Don't offer anymore suggestions about e-bay, I've had it with them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis