please help me with a proper ported box for a 15-in dating ultimax subwoofer

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I have a 7 cubic foot box that I can enlarge to any size up to 12 and 1/2 cubic foot. The box has a 6-in round port already installed. I would like some of you experts to find the right size box and please let me know how long that 6-inch round Port needs to be. I have tried asking if you people that know how to use the bass box builder but they have not gotten back to me yet and I know a lot of you like you experiment with different size boxes and ports for different drivers. I would love to know what the proper size box and 6 inch round ports would be. I am looking between the 14 Hertz and 18 Hertz tuning. I have a 16 Hertz high pass filter already on my amp so I figured 14 to 16 Hertz would work good for the high pass filter that I have. I have a 2400 cubic foot room and I listen between negative 10 and negative 15 on my volume dial. All movies no music. Thank you for your time and let me know if you need any more details. Thanks

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Here is a vented enclosure for the 15" Ultimax driver. It is a huge enclosure. This driver is a high Qts driver and is much better suited to a sealed application.

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis