Play Room/inhouse Daycare

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
majorloser said:
How's it look when the boss is caught playing games?
Have you completed it yet? Anybody? You may have noticed that each level is actually a letter of the word 'three'. If memory serves, it will run through the word twice. :)

bobbydigital said:
...it was on a floppy disk. HA!
Ah yes, floppy discs. :rolleyes: When I was going through Primary School (up 'till age 12), the school bought (gasp!) a...BBC Micro!, complete with 5¼ inch floppy disc drive. At lunch time, we'd all play Donkey Kong (you know the one where you have to run up zig-zag levels with barrels and stuff rolling down?). :D

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
mulester7 said:
....this next one is comparing a 10.9 megapixel Canon, to the 14 mp Kodak....I hope to have the image quality of the Kodak with the oversized lenses....the higher the megapixels get, the image quality only gets better....the Kodak is on the right.....

http://www.linaeum.com/images/1ds_14n.jpg
It should be noted that the Kodak camera in this comparison does not have an anti-alias filter. This will allow slightly higher resolution than if it had the filter. Almost all cameras have anti-alias filters because they allow the camera to retain a linear transfer function as spatial resoltion increases past the sensors limits. The penalty for not having an anti-alias filter is random artifacts such as moire in high frequency patterns.

-Chris

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
majorloser said:
Mulester: Did you win the lottery? Some mighty impressive purchases lately :)
.....Major, I have no house payment, nor car payment, so it's time for some toys....and it's really not an impressive thing to own something, when it only took money to possess it......

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
WmAx said:
It should be noted that the Kodak camera in this comparison does not have an anti-alias filter. This will allow slightly higher resolution than if it had the filter. Almost all cameras have anti-alias filters because they allow the camera to retain a linear transfer function as spatial resoltion increases past the sensors limits. The penalty for not having an anti-alias filter is random artifacts such as moire in high frequency patterns.

-Chris
.....Chris, I've never heard of an anti-alias filter concerning camera lenses....are you referring to a skylight/UV filter?....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Buckle-meister said:
Bravo Mulester7. Those are the finest words I've ever seen you write.
.....simply the truth, Buckle....

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
mulester7 said:
.....Chris, I've never heard of an anti-alias filter concerning camera lenses....are you referring to a skylight/UV filter?....
Digital camera sensor is homologous to an audio analog-digital convertor. If you try to sample frequencies equal to or greater than the sample rate * 0.5, the result will be aliasing. In audio, this means lower frequency artifacts contaminating the audio signal. In video/image systems, this means low frequency visual artifacts. Fortunately, in video/imaging, the phenomenon will tend to occur only in specific conditions. For example, if you have a far away roof, and shingles have very defined/bold edges, then the frequency of this will at points be appropriate to create a lower frequency bi-product artifact. In many cases, this distortion lends to an artificial added detail. The aliasing always occurs on high contrast edges, as is apparent in the Kodak compared to the Canon sensor in the above image you linked. The image should never look that sharp at 100 percent viewing magnification unless it is a result of excessive transient distortion(unsharp mask used heavily) or aliasing. Some people like the distortion effects, as evidenced by the cult-like following of Sigma digital DSLR cameras which use a sensor that does not have an antialis filter. However, the sensor used in Sigma DSLRs is a 3 color per sample point sensor and it's aliasing is monochromatic because all color channels are affected identically when it occurs. Therefor it will be less objectionable. The aliasing in the Kodak will tend to have chromatic components because it does not sample 3 colors per sample point, as most cameras do. This is no problem usually, but when combined with aliasing due to sample errors, the re-construction algorythm will make small errors that create these chromatic components in the aliasing. Fortunately, to make these very obvious, it takes a special combination of circumstances that will not happen most of the time in most scenes.

The anti-alias filter in a camera is essentially a blur filter that is placed directly over the camera sensor when it is manufactured. It prevents the sensor from being able to sample frequencies higher than it's Nyquist defined limits.

-Chris

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....ok, Brian done told me by PM the anti-aliasing filter goes on inside the camera body's processing....it's shameful how little I know about digital concepts, but at least I have a good deal of past experience with film-cameras and knowledge of lenses to apply....I guess I'm just gonna' trust that camera body to do it's job, and let me try to twist some knobs....here's an eye-opener....using the older manual-focus lenses renders the Nikon D2X fully manual, with no metering to be had, period....but....you have instant proofing on the little TV on the back of the camera, and the manual-focus lenses would only be used off a tripod, probably at night....and, I could take readings for the manual lenses with the auto-focus normal 50mm 1.4 lens I'm going to get for trips and events and such, when you don't want to have to figure out an exposure....the best shots with my camera, though, are going to come through the older manual Nikon F-Series AIS 85mm 1.4 coming....in olden days, it was in a class by itself for image quality wide-open....wide-open, you can blur the background quickly to intensify the effect of the focused subject but a few feet away.....

Last edited:
mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
WmAx said:
Digital camera sensor is homologous to an audio analog-digital convertor. If you try to sample frequencies equal to or greater than the sample rate * 0.5, the result will be aliasing. In audio, this means lower frequency artifacts contaminating the audio signal. In video/image systems, this means low frequency visual artifacts. Fortunately, in video/imaging, the phenomenon will tend to occur only in specific conditions. For example, if you have a far away roof, and shingles have very defined/bold edges, then the frequency of this will at points be appropriate to create a lower frequency bi-product artifact. In many cases, this distortion lends to an artificial added detail. The aliasing always occurs on high contrast edges, as is apparent in the Kodak compared to the Canon sensor in the above image you linked. The image should never look that sharp at 100 percent viewing magnification unless it is a result of excessive transient distortion(unsharp mask used heavily) or aliasing. Some people like the distortion effects, as evidenced by the cult-like following of Sigma digital DSLR cameras which use a sensor that does not have an antialis filter. However, the sensor used in Sigma DSLRs is a 3 color per sample point sensor and it's aliasing is monochromatic because all color channels are affected identically when it occurs. Therefor it will be less objectionable. The aliasing in the Kodak will tend to have chromatic components because it does not sample 3 colors per sample point, as most cameras do. This is no problem usually, but when combined with aliasing due to sample errors, the re-construction algorythm will make small errors that create these chromatic components in the aliasing. Fortunately, to make these very obvious, it takes a special combination of circumstances that will not happen most of the time in most scenes.

The anti-alias filter in a camera is essentially a blur filter that is placed directly over the camera sensor when it is manufactured. It prevents the sensor from being able to sample frequencies higher than it's Nyquist defined limits.

-Chris
.....good post, Chris....don't think I won't take you and Brian up on the offer to advise concerning a photoshop....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....here's an economical thought concerning camera bodies....Hasselblad makes a medium-format body with 39 megapixels rating that will set you back only $30,000....no, no need for thanks, guys.....

majorloser

majorloser

mulester7 said:
....and it's really not an impressive thing to own something, when it only took money to possess it......
True, but unfortunately money doesn't grow on trees. For most people it must be earned and earned in very small increments.

I'm a public servant, though. I don't know what it means to earn money since I gave up on the real world an joined the ranks of the "pre-retired" government employees :D

I understand what you meant, but for me, the things I really care about I don't own. They willingly choose to be with me.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
majorloser said:
But for me, the things I really care about I don't own. They willingly choose to be with me.
.....major point, Major......

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....well, the two manual F-Series lenses just showed....the 85mm 1.4 is immaculent, and came with a Hoya UV on it, and a rear-pupil lens cap....the 135mm 2.0 looks like it's been in a bar-room fight with a woman's fingernails, and is fairly scratched up....no scratches on any glass, though, and it came with no caps....the 85mm got the new 72mm Hoya Skylight, and the used 72mm Hoya UV is now on the 135mm....I guess it's time for a camera body to use them with, or I've got a couple of fairly expensive paper-weights....(notice how I put myself in the position to need the camera body?)....I am anxious to post some snaps for you guys....I have grown over the years to be decent in picture composition and cropping....I'll be a little limited now as per no zooms, but guys, listen....zooms are two groups of groups, in the internal glass opticals....it has to be that way to be able to zoom....you just got less image quality when you snapped that zoom lens on the body.....some say if a zoom is all the way in at it's limit of the low, ie-set at 70 on a 70-200 zoom, it will lose no image quality....bull....it's still two groups of groups even against each other.....buy primes for image quality, zoo the scroooms.....

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
mulester7 said:
""THE POINT SYSTEM OF WAF""

In the world of romance, one single rule applies to the men:

Make the woman happy.

Do something she likes, and you get points.

Do something she dislikes, and points are subtracted.

You don't get any points for doing something she expects.

Here is a guide to the point system :

==============================

SIMPLE DUTIES:

You make the bed. (+1)

You make the bed, but forget the decorative pillow. (0)

You throw the bedspread over rumpled sheets. (-1)

You go out to buy her what she wants. (+5)

In the rain. (+10)

But return with beer. (-15)

You check out a suspicious noise at night. (0)

You check out a suspicious noise and it is nothing. (0)

You check out a suspicious noise and it is something. (+5)

You pummel it with an iron rod. (+10)

It's her pet. (-25)

SOCIAL ENGAGEMENTS:

You stay by her side for the entire party. (0)

You stay by her side for a while, then leave to chat with college buddy (-2)

Named Tina. (-4)

Tina is a dancer. (-10)

Tina has breast implants. (-80)

Really big breast implants. (-200)

HER BIRTHDAY:

You take her out to dinner. (0)

You take her out to dinner and it's not a sports bar. (+1)

Okay, it is a sports bar. (-2)

And it's all-you-can-eat night. (-3)

It's a sports bar, it's all-you-can-eat night, and your face is painted the colors of your favorite team. (-10)

A NIGHT OUT:

You take her to a movie. (+2)

You take her to a movie she likes. (+4)

You take her to a movie you hate. (+6)

You take her to a movie you like. (-2)

And it's called "Death Cop". (-3)

You lied and said it was a foreign film about orphans that was featured on "Oprah". (-15)

YOUR PHYSIQUE:

You develop a noticeable potbelly. (-15)

You develop a noticeable potbelly and exercise to get rid of it (+10)

You develop a noticeable potbelly and resort to baggy jeans and baggy Hawaiian shirts. (-30)

You say, "It doesn't matter, you have one too." (-10,000)

ENJOY THE 'BIG' QUESTION:

She asks, "Do I look fat?" (-5) (Yes, you LOSE points no matter WHAT you say.)

You hesitate in responding. (-10)

You reply, "Where?" (-35)

Any other response. (-20)

COMMUNICATION:

When she wants to talk about a problem, you listen, displaying what looks like a concerned __expression. (0)

You listen for over 30 minutes. (+50)

You listen for more than 30 minutes without looking at the TV. (+500)

She realizes this is because you have fallen asleep.(-5,000)
damn was that funny:D

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
The object of the game is to move the red block (click on block and hold it down) around without getting hit by the blue blocks or touching the black walls. If you can go longer than 22 seconds you are phenomenal. Reportedly, the US Air Force uses this for fighter pilots. They are expected to go for at least 2 minutes. Give it a try!

http://tinyurl.com/56t9u

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mulester7 said:
The object of the game is to move the red block (click on block and hold it down) around without getting hit by the blue blocks or touching the black walls. If you can go longer than 22 seconds you are phenomenal. Reportedly, the US Air Force uses this for fighter pilots. They are expected to go for at least 2 minutes. Give it a try!

I went for 13 seconds. Not bad....

Where have you been Mule?

SheepStar

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
mulester7 said:

23.053 ON THE 3RD TRY!

(first two I didn't make 1):eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis