Pioneer elite vsx-lx505 is it good or bad??

A

Aust11n

Audiophyte
Hello bought my first receiver a pioneer vsx-lx505 I see it’s got pretty decent reviews but the bad ones are bad… so I’m just seeing if I should return this and get a denon or Yamaha or if this is a solid one and will hold me down for years to come. Just worried my 1000 dollars could good out on me and need a little piece of mind. If it’s that bad of one what is a comparable choice thanks in advance

M

Mike Up

Audioholic
That is the Pioneer twin of the Onkyo TX-RZ50. I returned my Onkyo TX-NR6100. I didn't care for it and replaced it with a Denon AVR-X2800H that I'm very happy with.

Seeing the Pioneer and Onkyo twins were originally ~$1600 and can be bought new, from an authorized dealer for $900 - $1000, I'd say there's a reason. Hek, my Denon 7.1 receiver sells at the same price yet offers a lot less features and power output. There's a reason.

If you don't mind taking a risk and seeing if you'll end up liking it, it may be a good gamble.

For me, I've made my choice with the Denon. At the time I bought the Denon AVR-X2800H, the TX-NR7100 was the same price and the TX-RZ50 was about $200 more. Your Pioneer is selling from an authorized dealer right now at $900.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Most reviews, other than of their measurements, are useless IMO. Ergonomic or aesthetics maybe. It's not the best avr nor the worst, not the most amp or processing channels and not the least, not the most powerful powerful power supply/amp section, but not the worst.....got most of the current hdmi/hdcp/codec things, tho..

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Hello bought my first receiver a pioneer vsx-lx505 I see it’s got pretty decent reviews but the bad ones are bad… so I’m just seeing if I should return this and get a denon or Yamaha or if this is a solid one and will hold me down for years to come. Just worried my 1000 dollars could good out on me and need a little piece of mind. If it’s that bad of one what is a comparable choice thanks in advance
I've got the 305 and I love it....dumped a Denon for and never looked back.
Just ignore Amirs review on ASR...he went into a little baby fit when the nanny circuit kicked on.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis