Pioneer Elite SP-EC73 vs Jamo S 83 CEN

bsas

bsas

Audioholic Intern
So, I love my current setup (5.2.4) sound wise and it is quite cost balanced, I think. Here it is:

- Denon AVR-X3600H (Receiver)
- AC Infinity AIRCOM T10 (Fan)
- NVidia Shield Pro 2019 (4K HDR Streaming)
- Optoma UHD50 (4K HDR Projector)
- XBox One S (4K HDR Blu-ray Player)
- 4x Pioneer SP-FS52 (L, R, SL, SR)
- 4x pairs of Pioneer SP-T22A-LR (Atmos)
- 1x Pioneer Elite SP-EC73 (C)
- 2x SVS PB-1000 (Sub)

But, am I currently changing the furniture in my living room / home theater (yes, it is a multi-purpose room) and I decided to go with a minimalist white TV stand. Therefore, I am considering the "Jamo S 83 CEN" center channel in white because it matches really well with the looks, but, I am wondering how much worse or even different this center channel speaker is compared to my current Pioneer one.

Anyone here with any experience with this Jamo center speaker? Thanks!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I own a Jamo 8 inch sub and love it. The Jamo 5.0 for 199 is an incredible price. The center seems to be liked in a lot of YouTube reviews. I was considering trying it out, but lost my job when I was about to buy it. It’s amazon if you don’t like it return it.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The Jamo is entry level ... the Pioneer Elite center is more higher end, and is a 3-way center ... one way to find out

bsas

bsas

Audioholic Intern
If you have extra funds:
Glad to see you have a fan for your receiver. I always tell people if you want your receiver to last longer put a fan on. I use a laptop fan and never had issues.
Thanks for the suggestion, but that is way out of my budget now. The Jamo is currently on sale on Crutchfield for $126.00, so, far closer to my money leftover after wife bought new couch and rug :D
I mainly work with computers and electronics, so, I know how important proper cooling is specially for amps ;P

Last edited:
bsas

bsas

Audioholic Intern
The Jamo is entry level ... the Pioneer Elite center is more higher end, and is a 3-way center ... one way to find out
In theory, yes, and I understand that. But, there is almost no review or measurements of any of those speakers (at least that I could find) to properly compare them and I got my EC73 for $150 in a sale and the Jamo is about $126 is a sale now, so, at least in theory, they are close... don't know...

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I highly doubt that the Jamo and Pioneers are going to have the same sonic signature. I'd advise you keep your front 3 as is and forget about the Jamo.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
If you like the Pioneer center maybe try removing the drivers and painting the case in white? Check YouTube tons of video there on how to.

bsas

bsas

Audioholic Intern
I highly doubt that the Jamo and Pioneers are going to have the same sonic signature. I'd advise you keep your front 3 as is and forget about the Jamo.
Yea... it's a WAF issue :D (wife likes straight lines and white, Pioneer is rounded and black).

bsas

bsas

Audioholic Intern
Thanks all, I was able to have a "conversation" and keep the Pioneer Elite SP-EC73. No harm no foul :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis