Philharmonic Audio - 3-way open back ML-TQWTs designed by Dennis Murphy

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Delmond just sent me an email updating the progress of my Philharmonic 3 cabinets. The cabinets are now built. Next Del will dye the mahogany. Then apply the lacquer & let it cure for a about a week. Then he will start the buffing. Del will send me some pics, and I will post them here as well.

woodsart

woodsart

Audioholic
Delmond just sent me an email updating the progress of my Philharmonic 3 cabinets. The cabinets are now built. Next Del will dye the mahogany. Then apply the lacquer & let it cure for a about a week. Then he will start the buffing. Del will send me some pics, and I will post them here as well.
Congratulations!!! looking forward to the pics.

Just got an email from Dennis and my scheduled pick up is Sunday, so we are off to Bethesda, finally:D

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Congratulations!!! looking forward to the pics.

Just got an email from Dennis and my scheduled pick up is Sunday, so we are off to Bethesda, finally:D
And I'm very sorry to report that I just got an e-mail from Woodsart saying that his mother had passed away and he was leaving for Texas immediately. I know that the thoughts of everyone on the forum are with him.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
My condolences, Robert.:( My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
My sympathies too. I'm sorry your mother passed away.

I know how long you have searched for new speakers, and once you decided on getting the new Philharmonics, how long you waited for them. Events may seem to have spoiled your anticipated fun with the new speakers. We all hope that you will eventually enjoy them.

woodsart

woodsart

Audioholic
Hello everyone, thanks so much for your support and kind thoughts during this time. Difficult as this can be, there is always great times with family. Being with my brothers, the granddaughters, great granddaughters, and great, great grandchildren. It is amazing how God can take a situation of dreaded sadness and show us the joy in family gatherings.

The worst is not over as the Visitation is tonight and funeral tomorrow. But I know with His help we can get through it. She would have been 88 in two weeks, but had a wonderful life, and we all see that and can let her go! Unfortunately we don't really have a choice in our lives.

Gail and I will be returning home and hopefully see Dennis this weekend. My flesh was dissappionted as I had waited so long just in making a speaker decision then to have them designed and then manufactured. But one seems to drop, temporarily these worldly things,and focus on the most important things in life!

So, please continue the discussion and sharing about DM's speakers as I am still excited about picking them up!

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The worst is not over as the Visitation is tonight and funeral tomorrow. But I know with His help we can get through it. She would have been 88 in two weeks, but had a wonderful life, and we all see that and can let her go! Unfortunately we don't really have a choice in our lives.
I have been through this - your attitude is good. Stay focused and
be thankful for all things - This is a hobby that we all, can still enjoy.
We just need to remember the most important things, and know
that we are not alone.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Blessings to you, Robert. God bless at the funeral tomorrow.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Update Pic Phil3

OK, Del just emailed me a picture of my Phil3 cab - fresh out of the spray booth.

They will sit for a week before being buffed.

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
OK, Del just emailed me a picture of my Phil3 cab - fresh out of the spray booth.

They will sit for a week before being buffed.

I saw them in living color today while I was picking up a pair of maple Phil 3 cabinets. I think they're going to be really cool. But there's a lot of buffing in Del's future. I don't think he's going to want to make a habit this. And I betcha he'll charge a whole lot more if he does do it again.

woodsart

woodsart

Audioholic
Wow, ADTG, those look very nice. Know you are excited to see them in living color! Dell does fabulous work!

Gail and I returned back to Richmond today. What a wonderful visit and fellowship with my family, all the love and closeness was just great! And, when one looses a loved one this just makes situations like this very tolerable.

Thanks guys for you thoughts and prayers, they worked.

And, i just email Dennis and requested a pick-up this weekend.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Are they as red in person as they are in the pictures?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
that depends on how accurately your monitor displays colors :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I saw them in living color today while I was picking up a pair of maple Phil 3 cabinets. I think they're going to be really cool. But there's a lot of buffing in Del's future. I don't think he's going to want to make a habit this. And I betcha he'll charge a whole lot more if he does do it again.
I truly appreciate Del's hard work.

I'm just glad to be the first one to get the high-gloss buffing. :D

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Are they as red in person as they are in the pictures?
Flash always heightens colors. And the picture doesn't capture the high gloss, which adds depth. The real issue will be getting these things built without scratching the beautiful finish. High anxiety time at the Wehawken studios.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
that depends on how accurately your monitor displays colors
on my monitor they are red. Since I'm into photography as a hobby my monitor is color calibrated and yep those pretty Phil3's are RED.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis