PB 12 NSD vs PB 1000

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It will be a minute. Going on vacation for about two weeks. Hopefully between Christmas and New Years.
There's nothing worse than having a Sub around... or two... that you can't do anything with! *blushes (Going on 1 week with two X-13s still in their boxes!)

Hey @Danzilla31, I emailed yesterday, and she was inserting my new digital board into the slot! So maybe I don't have to wait too much longer until my pursuit for audio ecstasy may continue. If I ask, I think my BMRs are ready late next week, and the Mini-Phils and AA's the following week. My Office is almost cleaned out for the grand rearranging: turning it into a Listening/HT Room with office capabilities! Hoping to repaint, maybe... and get some dedicated power installed if the landlord is game. (I can do everything but connect to the main board! (...and maybe drill through the floorboard (which I AM capable of doing, but respect the potential trust issues involved))!) I'm going to convert an old Metro rack to a HT Rack using Spike Feet, and use some neoprene and MDF for vibration-minimizing shelf-toppers (Will cost a fraction of buying a new rack!). Just need to figure out the Amp in the next little bit... Leaning towards a bank of Monoblocks from Outlaw, but the XPA5 from Emotiva is just a nose behind! ;)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
There's nothing worse than having a Sub around... or two... that you can't do anything with! *blushes (Going on 1 week with two X-13s still in their boxes!)

Hey @Danzilla31, I emailed yesterday, and she was inserting my new digital board into the slot! So maybe I don't have to wait too much longer until my pursuit for audio ecstasy may continue. If I ask, I think my BMRs are ready late next week, and the Mini-Phils and AA's the following week. My Office is almost cleaned out for the grand rearranging: turning it into a Listening/HT Room with office capabilities! Hoping to repaint, maybe... and get some dedicated power installed if the landlord is game. (I can do everything but connect to the main board! (...and maybe drill through the floorboard (which I AM capable of doing, but respect the potential trust issues involved))!) I'm going to convert an old Metro rack to a HT Rack using Spike Feet, and use some neoprene and MDF for vibration-minimizing shelf-toppers (Will cost a fraction of buying a new rack!). Just need to figure out the Amp in the next little bit... Leaning towards a bank of Monoblocks from Outlaw, but the XPA5 from Emotiva is just a nose behind! ;)
Once you get it all set up you gotta send pics and I'm very curious about how those outlaw subs will perform looking forward to your impressions

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
So the wife and I are watching Rampage. The base is screaming, I tell the wife that subwoofer is screaming right, I look over snit is not on!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So the wife and I are watching Rampage. The base is screaming, I tell the wife that subwoofer is screaming right, I look over snit is not on!
Rofl!!!!!! Appreciate the full disclosure. Pretty sure we’ve all pulled one like that.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I am still not sure it is set up right. I took the grill of so I could see it vibrating. Musically it really adds depth separation, and clarity to the B&W’s. The base is tight. Not booming.

For HT use I am not sold yet. On very low frequencies I can tell it’s working. In addition to the subwoofer settings, on the receiver I can set the volume on the subwoofer channel, equalize the frequencies on the sub, choose a double base setting, and set the crossover. (80)

Low pass is set to LFE, I the phase is set to zero.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I am still not sure it is set up right. I took the grill of so I could see it vibrating. Musically it really adds depth separation, and clarity to the B&W’s. The base is tight. Not booming.

For HT use I am not sold yet. On very low frequencies I can tell it’s working. In addition to the subwoofer settings, on the receiver I can set the volume on the subwoofer channel, equalize the frequencies on the sub, choose a double base setting, and set the crossover. (80)

Low pass is set to LFE, I the phase is set to zero.
So this is still the PB1000?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis