AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I'd think 100wpc is fine for the majority of use....
I agree. I think 100WPC is fine for 99.9% of the cases. I bet these are hardcore amps that are stable down to 1 ohm.

But 100WPC for $10,000, $7,000, $4000, and even $3,000 seems kind of funny. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I agree. I think 100WPC is fine for 99.9% of the cases. I bet these are hardcore amps that are stable down to 1 ohm.

But 100WPC for $10,000, $7,000, $4000, and even $3,000 seems kind of funny. :D
But oooh look at that finely machined face plate, meters and fancy knobs!

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
If someone is dead set on 2 channel the NAD M10 pushes all the right buttons. Most of NAD’s current offerings are rumored to be very buggy but owners of the M10 report it to be rock solid.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If someone is dead set on 2 channel the NAD M10 pushes all the right buttons. Most of NAD’s current offerings are rumored to be very buggy but owners of the M10 report it to be rock solid.
This member ordered the NAD M10 (8.5" wide, 4" high, 11 lbs):

Last edited:
T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
This member ordered the NAD M10 (8.5" wide, 4" high, 11 lbs):

Dang I’m smart

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Dang I’m smart
I would say that it might be good for people who don't have a lot of room since the M10 is quite compact at only 8.5" wide and 4" high.

But for most audiophiles who have 17-inch-wide components, the 8.5-inch-wide M10 might be an issue for aesthetics.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
If you don't need the DAC or bass mgt, consider a used or reconditioned Parasound PLD 2000 pre-amp (was their top of the line a couple decades ago). Seen them online for ~ $400. I've had one for ~23 trouble-free years, and it still sounds superb and works flawlessly. Was in my primary system, now in my den system. (Online image below.)

1327719-df2566cc-parasound-pld-2000.jpg

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
If you don't need the DAC or bass mgt, consider a used or reconditioned Parasound PLD 2000 pre-amp (was their top of the line a couple decades ago). Seen them online for ~ $400. I've had one for ~23 trouble-free years, and it still sounds superb and works flawlessly. Was in my primary system, now in my den system. (Online image below.)

View attachment 44503
Parasound has a LOT of lower end products listed as manufacturer refurbished but their higher end stuff is near impossible to find refurbished or used. The A23 is available all day long refurbished but good luck finding anything in the Halo line refurbished, used or discounted. My only issue is they got out of the AV game, don’t have Bluetooth or DSP. If you’re a die hard two channel analog fan they are probably the best bang for the buck out there. Another current thread here someone has an A51, that’s a 5 channel amplifier that five guys on an oil rig can arc weld off of at the same time, may add horsepower to a Prius.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Parasound has a LOT of lower end products listed as manufacturer refurbished but their higher end stuff is near impossible to find refurbished or used. The A23 is available all day long refurbished but good luck finding anything in the Halo line refurbished, used or discounted. My only issue is they got out of the AV game, don’t have Bluetooth or DSP. If you’re a die hard two channel analog fan they are probably the best bang for the buck out there. Another current thread here someone has an A51, that’s a 5 channel amplifier that five guys on an oil rig can arc weld off of at the same time, may add horsepower to a Prius.
I actually asked them about why they don't produce or design HT processors anymore and they said HDMI. They don't want anything to do with designing anything with HDMI tech. Its too complicated and changes too quickly. I found that refreshingly honest actually, surprising but honest.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I actually asked them about why they don't produce or design HT processors anymore and they said HDMI. They don't want anything to do with designing anything with HDMI tech. Its too complicated and changes too quickly. I found that refreshingly honest actually, surprising but honest.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Probably licensing fees from the likes of Dolby/DTS come into play as well, let alone any propriety REQ program. HDMI is certainly not the best standard but it is what it is....

E

Enrico Castagnetti

Audiophyte
I’m one of those who had VP issues with the P5. Sold mine back in 2018 after the second VP repair. But to be honest, I have been missing the P5 in my system since the day I parted ways with it. So yesterday ordered a P6 which is on the way and scheduled for delivery this coming Wednesday. Volume pot is not an issue anymore with the Halo 6 series so let’s see if Parasound got it right this time. I did my work trying to find a pre amp with the same kind of HT Bypass but the answer is simple, there is NONE at any price, period. I’ll be using it for 2 ch music in my HT system and as a source will be a Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra + Pre Box S2 Digital or a Matrix Audio mini-i Pro 3 streamer. I have both and the best sounding will stay plugged into the P6 and the other in my bedroom setup. I use Roon as streaming platform.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis