Paradigm 100v4 with receiver, or amp and receiver?

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
How many feet apart is best?

I could probably put the tv on the other wall that is longer and that world provide more room to spread them apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

I could probably put the tv on the other wall that is longer and that world provide more room to spread them apart.
8' and atleast 2' off the Wall

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Generally I like to start with my L/R speakers and main seat to form an equilateral triangle....not hard and fast rule but a good starting point before the room's other purposes come into play and force changes at least :). You also don't necessarily want to stick speakers into corners or particularly close to boundaries....try these

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic

This is how it is right now. Previous owner of the house had their tv on this wall so I put mine there with zero thought on speakers as I had a soundbar.

This is what I’m thinking now. Move everything so that the tv and speakers go on this wall which creates more space to spread the front left and right out. The finished part of my basement is pretty small so I don’t have much room to work with.

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
Generally I like to start with my L/R speakers and main seat to form an equilateral triangle....not hard and fast rule but a good starting point before the room's other purposes come into play and force changes at least :). You also don't necessarily want to stick speakers into corners or particularly close to boundaries....try these
Thanks for the info and links. I’ll take a look at them!

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
That door is still an issue it looks like.
How about the wall to the Left???

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
That door is still an issue it looks like.
How about the wall to the Left???

Here is the wall to the left. If I placed the TV there I would basically just be swapping the tv and couch. It would make the rear surround easier to place as well because there is a wall behind them. If I used the wall next to the door the rear surround would be sitting in the center of the room. And I’m sure my 1 and 7 year old would knock them over somehow.

Would the small windows have any effect on the sound? Or is the door a bigger deal than the windows.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

Here is the wall to the left. If I placed the TV there I would basically just be swapping the tv and couch. It would make the rear surround easier to place as well because there is a wall behind them. If I used the wall next to the door the rear surround would be sitting in the center of the room. And I’m sure my 1 and 7 year old would knock them over somehow.

Would the small windows have any effect on the sound? Or is the door a bigger deal than the windows.

The door In My Opinion is a bigger issue. The windows could always be covered with curtains as to not affect your TV viewing with glare

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
Ok, I’m not worried about glare. That’s an easy fix.

Alright so I’ll spend tonight rearranging the room and then placing the speakers 8 feet apart and 2 feet from the wall.

I wired everything, other than placing the wire in the place for it and tighting the knob, is there any tricks or tips on the best method?

I still need to run the numbers on that calculator and I’m assuming once I get those you all will have a better idea on the correct receiver or receiver and amp.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Your going to have to move those two desks. With some work that could be a really nice Theater Room

I will put the TV right in between those windows space the speakers out accordingly and see how well that works

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
The desks can’t be in the room at all?

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
Can the center speaker go in one of these shelves? Or does it need to be on top to breath?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Center is Front Ported isn't it? If so it can go into one of the Shelfs (top shelf). Just pull the Face out past the Cabinet face.

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
Center is Front Ported isn't it? If so it can go into one of the Shelfs (top shelf). Just pull the Face out past the Cabinet face.
My def tech is but I’m going to buy a paradigm center to match my front towers. From the pictures I’ve seen they are front facing as well.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd definitely go on the top of the cabinet at the front edge over sticking it in a cubby hole (not particularly about breathing, tho)....if large enough put the tv on top of it.

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
I'd definitely go on the top of the cabinet at the front edge over sticking it in a cubby hole (not particularly about breathing, tho)....if large enough put the tv on top of it.
I would need to create a stand for the tv to sit up a little higher as the gap is only about 3 inches. I’m pretty sure the center is anywhere from 6-10 inches.

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
Disregard the mess, it’s a work in progress right now. So now the couch is on this wall. I don’t see enough space for rear surround towers? From the knowledge you guys have, what are my options for the rears? I would rather not move that desk that has all that crap on it but I’m going for best sound possible so anything can change.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I would need to create a stand for the tv to sit up a little higher as the gap is only about 3 inches. I’m pretty sure the center is anywhere from 6-10 inches.

What gap? The center is smaller than the splay of the tv's stand? A riser is easy enough to make or even buy....

J

Jleis14

Junior Audioholic
What gap? The center is smaller than the splay of the tv's stand? A riser is easy enough to make or even buy....
A riser is what I meant. The center would be blocking the lower part of the tv.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis