Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Yes, here's the email I received from Outlaw Audio's managing partner after "Jim Gordon" locked me out of their "support system."

Jon H posted 3/22/19, 1:01 PM

Dear Mr. Conrad,

I have been monitoring your case, and we never like when an interaction is a negative one. I should start by saying, as one of the founders of Outlaw Audio, that our long record of legendary service has been hard earned. And a large part of our excellent reputation in the industry has been because of employees like Ben and Jim, both of whom I have known and worked with daily since the first day they were hired. I’ve also had a chance to review your support ticket and talk with both Ben and Jim about your case. They brought me up to speed on your equipment list and what we think is your configuration. From what I can see in the back and forth of your support ticket, you seem to be avoiding some of the specific questions that they have asked you. In my 20 years since co-founding the company, I can count on one hand the number of customers that could not be satisfied by our support representatives. In every case, the customers have been unwilling to follow a reasonable diagnostic procedure meant to, by process of elimination, identify problems caused by complex interdependent devices all connected through our processors. Neither Ben nor Jim work from a script. In fact both of them have been involved for many years in the development of many of our new products. You were lucky to be working with them as they are the most experienced members of our team.

It has been brought to my attention that you have created aliases on social media. These have been used to defame and libel Outlaw Audio around this support case. In addition, your partner is now posting defamatory and libelous content on at least one additional web site.

Our goal is to help our customers. Ultimately, we need your co-operation to do so. Refusing to answer our questions, and continually copying and pasting previous correspondence to two different Outlaw representatives does not help anyone. When asked to answer some simple setup questions, you ignored the question and cut and pasted previous replies. You mention not understanding one of the questions, which is not a problem if true, but not once did you convey this to Ben. It was not even conveyed until the 18th correspondence. To make things easier, Jim will compile the questions all together and respond to the thread. The thread will be unlocked, and any questions that are not understood need to be clearly responded to as such. Note that support tickets are locked when a situation requires that I intervene or review the situation.

At this point, we would like to deescalate the situation. Kindly answer the questions that were posed to you originally, remove the libelous content that you (and your partner) have posted on social media, and other sites, and work with us to solve your problem. If you are unwilling to do this, we will pursue a legal action against you and your partner for your libelous content that has been posed.

For those of you who are still following along you will notice that the point of this communication on Outlaw's part was to threaten me with legal action if I didn't some how make my partner take down her negative review.

Never, not once has Outlaw claimed that my 975 was not under warranty when I returned it for repairs over Christmas, or subsequently. Even here they insist that they will continue to service the unit if I'd take the negative review down.

My partner, against my advice, relented and took down her negative review. But Outlaw still refuses to speak to either of us or offer either of us an actual avenue for answering these "questions."

Oh, and by the way, I'd be happy to sell it to anyone on this thread who wants it - for cheap - but I'm not in the habit of selling things that DON'T WORK.
This is a pretty common response by a company in the age of social media. If Outlaw feels they have done everything to address the issues and you aren’t cooperating with them, you can’t blame them for demanding a removal of negative reviews.

I’m not completely sold that they have done everything they can do to address the issue. Their email response seems more like a situation in which you are asking them to cover an issue out of warranty and then bashing them for not doing so. This doesn’t appear to be the case. I wonder why Outlaw wouldn’t just make arrangements for you to ship the product back for them to troubleshoot?

What is it that you would like for Outlaw to do to make this right for you?

You have their attention now in this forum and they are responding. Use this thread to communicate to Outlaw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O

Outlaw_Audio

Audiophyte
For those who are still following this thread, it should be noted that the OP's partner posted her libelous comments under her real name. After our reply, she did in fact remove her post and someone re-posted it verbatim using an alias. In addition, early in this support case, the OP was interacting with two of our representatives by phone. It was only after his repeated use of inflammatory language full of expletives that our first representative passed him off to our second representative. The continued use of this kind of language made it essential for us to document the support ticket in writing. The OP's support ticket is not locked nor has it been locked since March 22, when management addressed his issues. He was alerted to this fact which is part of the ticket history. Further, it is Outlaw's policy not to force our employees to deal with abusive and vulgar customers on the phone. This would be considered a hostile work environment. We are always respectful to our customers, but are not going to allow our employees to get abused.

J

JackHart2019

Audioholic Intern
Here's my offer.

If you want my Outlaw Audio 975 - which was just returned a few weeks ago from a warranty repair and supposedly tested before they shipped it back to me - pay the cost of shipping and I'll sell it to you for 150 bucks (or best offer), no questions asked.

That's a significant savings over what Outlaw sells 975's at currently.

Come on guys, ya know ya want it!

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
I asked the same question of the OP and his response was it’s none of my business.
After re-reading the thread again, I’m siding with Outlaw on this one. Not unboxing the unit to answer outlaw’s questions sounds a off. ***very off*** Especially for those of us who like fiddling with our audio toys. Then another big part of it is simply attitude. If your friendly and respectful, 99% of times customer service representatives will be friendly and respectful as well, unless their just have a bad day like we all have sometimes. But if you cursing at them wonder I why they blocked your ticketing system and ignored your posts.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I've seen what I need to.
OP admitted to having triggered Outlaw earlier in this thread, his story has not been clear, and the letter he posted from Outlaw was not a hostile letter. Rather, that letter was a professional business letter attempting to address the situation AND protect the reputation of the company. OP might not be happy with the situation, but a large part of the situation seems to fall back on him by both his actions and chosen inaction to not faithfully participate in the troubleshooting process.
The icing on the cake:
My 975 is STILL under warranty. I purchased it 3 years ago, it has a 5 year warranty.
From the 975 owner's manual:
This warranty protects the owner of the Outlaw Model 975 Preamp/Processor (the PRODUCT) for three (3) years from the date of purchase.
No wonder companies like Outlaw Audio get away with this kind of s h i t.
*shrugs

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
...responding on their TICKETING SYSTEM. Which Outlaw Audio has locked me out of.
Let's start over. Let's move on. See if we can get it rolling.

Now that the ticketing system is no longer locked (correct?),could you answer those questions that Outlaw has asked and copy/paste them on this thread?

Perhaps we could see how Outlaw response to those questions once they are answered.

EDIT: Damn, Steve beat me to it. :D

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I feel bad that your gear could be failing in so short of a period of time. You could post your best answer to each troubleshooting question from Outlaw support or say which ones you don’t understand , here on this thread. That could work.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wait, I must have missed it. What EXACTLY is wrong with the 975? :D

Maybe someone here could figure out what's wrong with it?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wait, I must have missed it. What EXACTLY is wrong with the 975? :D

Maybe someone here could figure out what's wrong with it?
His earlier response: "As of this past weekend none of the hdmi ports work with any source except the hdmi arc when i connect it to the tv, but any change in volume causes both audio and video to drop out completely for a totally unacceptable length of time.

Tried running my oppo on the analog ports since the hdmi ports don't work. Makes the same noise that it had started making when I returned it for repairs. "

Was a warranty period of 5 years ever available? Was it extended from 3 years due repair?

As to audio/video dropout what is this in terms of measured time rather than simply being "unacceptable"?

J

JackHart2019

Audioholic Intern
A copy of the response to the troubleshooting I participated in with the original "tech support guy" - below.

Ben Brewer posted 3/19/19, 1:28 PM

Mr. Conrad,

Your unit was received here with audio and video issues via HDMI. The HDMI board was replaced with a brand new board and the unit was tested and passed quality control before being shipped out. If you would like to send the unit in again, I can issue you a return authorization. If there is no problem with the unit, there will be an evaluation fee and you will be responsible for return shipping. If this is how you would like to proceed, please let me know and we will issue you another return authorization.

I am still waiting to hear back from you regarding you're results with analog, your confirmation that audio drops when adjusting volume on the Model 975, and to see if adjusting the volume on the Model 975 causes audio drops with all sources. Again this would be abnormal. Having a second of no audio when removing the audio signal present to the Model 975 is normal. Are you saying this is significantly longer? If so, how long do you experience no audio?

I have the warranty repair receipt.

I described the continuing audio and video malfunctions with Mr. Brewer for a number of subsequent posts, before this "Jim Gordon" guy got up in my grill for having connected the 975 to my tv via hdmi to the arc port on the back of the 975. I explained that this was the ONLY hdmi port that was working, so sub-optimal or not, there were NO other options because none of the other 4 hdmi ports recognize ANY source.

Obviously, I took it out of the BOX after Outlaw returned it to me. & hooked it up & troubleshot it with Ben on their ticketing system.

Outlaw knows full well I spoke to only ONE of their techs on the phone. His name was Jim and he swore at me. I'd have sworn back, but he hung up.

I am still being denied access to this supposedly "open" ticket by Outlaw. They know this. I have attempted to communicate this fact to them, along with the answers to "Jim's" laundry list of "questions," for over a week now. On the phone, on Facebook and Twitter, and yes by attempting repeatedly to gain access to their stupid ticketing system.

Finally, I suspect that the good folks over at Outlaw should invest in a dictionary, because "libelous," "vulgar," and "support service," clearly do not mean what they are suggesting they mean. The same should be said about their use of "verbatim," "inflammatory," and "alias."

But, I repeat myself to no avail.

The 975 DOES NOT WORK, but I'd be happy to sell it to anyone on this thread for 150 dollars plus you pay the shipping.

The answers to all of "Jim's" questions were logged on the owner's manual over a week ago. So anyone who ponies up the cash can see the answers to Outlaw's questions.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Problem with Outlaw 975 AVP: none of the hdmi ports work with any source

So when you connect any source via HDMI (BD player), you get no Audio or Video.

Your connection is: BD player HDMI to Outlaw AVP, then Outlaw HDMI to TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis