Status
Not open for further replies.
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
With all the hacking going on the internet theses days who in their right mind would use their real names on a social media site like Facebook I don't. I don't even use my real name on my bank app. Identity theft is real it happened to me it is why I never use my real name on the internet.

J

JackHart2019

Audioholic Intern
What is your real, legal name ?
Well, my first name is Shaun, and my last name is Conrad. I did set up a twitter acct under my real name last week from which I attempted to contact Outlaw. They've no reason to pretend that they don't know who they are dealing with and why. They simply want to make excuses and muddy the waters, in my opinion.

Is "Good4it" your legal name?

J

JackHart2019

Audioholic Intern
With all the hacking going on the internet theses days who in their right mind would use their real names on a social media site like Facebook I don't. I don't even use my real name on my bank app. Identity theft is real it happened to me it is why I never use my real name on the internet.
Ha, and "crazy ex-wives" are a real thing as well. I know. It happened to me. :)

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Forgive my asking but Outlaw must have lots of customers but yours is the only one here.

If you feel as bad as you seem why not sue them and get it in front of a judge?

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Here is the thing about buying online from a company in another state. To actually Sue them you have to go to the State they are in, plus file the suit at the courthouse that the company resides in. Meaning county and State. So it can get very expensive. Even if you file in small claims court it has to be done in the state that they reside in plus the county. At least that's what I was told.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well, my first name is Shaun, and my last name is Conrad. I did set up a twitter acct under my real name last week from which I attempted to contact Outlaw. They've no reason to pretend that they don't know who they are dealing with and why. They simply want to make excuses and muddy the waters, in my opinion.

Is "Good4it" your legal name?
Hey man sorry this is happening to you. Should be interesting what there response is. Brace yourself because it might get a little ugly.

I hope you know we are not enjoying this by any means God knows we've all gone through unfortunate incidents of bad customer service in our lives but because of our potential future as possible buyers I think we are all concerned about what is going on here.

This should be real interesting how they choose to respond now

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
This hobby can be very frustrating indeed. In the span of about two and a half years, I had 3 AVR'S go out, a Samsung 51" plasma go out. All in warranty, except the plasma. It went out just passed the warranty, but Onkyo repaired the two unit's all on their dime.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
I have no dog in this fight but the consequences should be considered BEFORE doing business with anyone.

Speaking only for myself it seems like a little much over a unit. Anything more that we should know?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I have no dog in this fight but the consequences should be considered BEFORE doing business with anyone.

Speaking only for myself it seems like a little much over a unit. Anything more that we should know?
Before doing business, as a consumer? There are a few ways one can try to see how a company is before buying from them, but usually you'll find out how great or bad a company is the first time you have a complaint on a product you have bought from them.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
What is your real, legal name ?
It's not often I see request on a forum for a user's real, legal name, actually I can't recall any such request. Why do need to know this, and how do you verify that the name given is the real one in the first place? If you suspect him/her of trolling why would you trust it anyway?

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
It's not often I see request on a forum for a user's real, legal name, actually I can't recall any such request. Why do need to know this, and how do you verify that the name given is the real one in the first place? If you suspect him/her of trolling why would you trust it anyway?
Very true, after all this is the internet, who really knows who is who. I've met a few of the members on here they know who I really am. I'm Aint Man! Lol.. no really I'm just a poor ole dude at 60 years old who is about to join a biker gang sell everything off get me a Harley-Davidson travel the country. Really I'm thinking about it. Pack a tent just go where the wind takes me, born to be wild!!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This is starting to go astray. We aren't a jury... though we are firmly into the court of public opinion.
I'm still a happy Outlaw customer myself, and until I see differently, this is beginning to look like an outlier situation where even our OP admitted to maybe having done something to trigger this.
I'm eager to hear the other side, in the way you look at an accident on the freeway as you drive past.
I'm also about ready to unsubscribe from this thread for pretty much the same reason.
*shrugs
Life will go on.

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
I’m not sure there is a good response from Outlaw at this point. The customer is always right. The best thing Outlaw can do IMO is to make right by the customer and in return ask that the customer respond on here that they took care of him. Even if Outlaw believes the customer was out—of-Line, unfortunately in the age of Social Media, you have to work even harder to earn a customer back and the cost of not doing so is much larger since it is so easy to gain a large audience to voice your issue to. That said, if Outlaw believes what they posted earlier, they should reach out to their customer and replace his unit... simple. My $.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JackHart2019

Audioholic Intern
Forgive my asking but Outlaw must have lots of customers but yours is the only one here.

If you feel as bad as you seem why not sue them and get it in front of a judge?

It's a 500 dollar preamp. Why would I spend money on a lawyer when I can spend a lot less than that & buy something I want to replace it with?

As I've said from the original post (for those of you who've read this thread),I was curious to see if Outlaw has a reputation for bad service, and or if there was some kind of known issue with the 975 that I was not alone in having encounter. "The little much" as you suggest here is the result of folks being interested in discussion. I've simply tried to respond to some of the comments in the thread along the way.

What kind of “Fix” would you settle for?

As for the "fix I would settle for?"

1) That's really none of your business, now is it?
2) I am somewhat taken aback by what I perceive to be a weirdly intrusive line of interrogation by you of me in this thread. I can't help but wonder what your stake in this situation is, but I'm not going to badger you about it.
3) I can imagine a number of service alternatives currently available at this time if Outlaw saw fit to contact me.

And if they contact me and if they resolve this to my satisfaction, you can rest assured that I will communicate that information on this thread, but hey, thanks for being weird and intrusive. That's always a fun way to communicate online, isn't it?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I’m not sure there is a good response from Outlaw at this point. The customer is always right. The best thing Outlaw can do IMO is to make right by the customer and in return ask that the customer respond on here that they took care of him. Even if Outlaw believes the customer was out—of-Line, unfortunately in the age of Social Media, you have to work even harder to earn a customer back and the cost of not doing so is much larger since it is so easy to gain a large audience to voice your issue to. That said, if Outlaw believes what they posted earlier, they should reach out to their customer and replace his unit... simple. My $.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have a really good point unless I've done something really stupid like drop my gear in the bathtub if they can't get it work and it's under warranty why not send me a new one?

I think SVS has that lemon policy where if it's just a funky unit within 1 year of buying it they just send you a new one I think that's how it works not a bad policy Kind off avoids these situations

I do want to reserve any opinions tho until I hear both sides of the story but I do feel your opinion has merit and brings up some good points to think about

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
This whole thing is just way over the top reaction from Outlaw, over a less than $600 product? All this playing out on the Internet?
Great advertisement for them:eek: for a lousy $600?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
It's a 500 dollar preamp. Why would I spend money on a lawyer when I can spend a lot less than that & buy something I want to replace it with?

As I've said from the original post (for those of you who've read this thread),I was curious to see if Outlaw has a reputation for bad service, and or if there was some kind of known issue with the 975 that I was not alone in having encounter. "The little much" as you suggest here is the result of folks being interested in discussion. I've simply tried to respond to some of the comments in the thread along the way.

As for the "fix I would settle for?"

1) That's really none of your business, now is it?
2) I am somewhat taken aback by what I perceive to be a weirdly intrusive line of interrogation by you of me in this thread. I can't help but wonder what your stake in this situation is, but I'm not going to badger you about it.
3) I can imagine a number of service alternatives currently available at this time if Outlaw saw fit to contact me.

And if they contact me and if they resolve this to my satisfaction, you can rest assured that I will communicate that information on this thread, but hey, thanks for being weird and intrusive. That's always a fun way to communicate online, isn't it?

As I said before I have no reason to take sides, Never considered an Outlaw product or had any contact with them or you. Your response says something too me. But I’m not making up my opinion until I hear what they have to say.

You have your side and I’m sure they do also. Whether you or them have case is not my job.’

Sorry I said anything.

J

JackHart2019

Audioholic Intern
As I said before I have no reason to take sides, Never considered an Outlaw product or had any contact with them or you. Your response says something too me. But I’m not making up my opinion until I hear what they have to say.

You have your side and I’m sure they do also. Whether you or them have case is not my job.’

Sorry I said anything.
No need to apologize. Good faith comments are always welcome, even if they question my account. That said, I'm sure you know it's not my job to make Outlaw happy. It's their job to satisfy their warranty. & my 975 has never been anywhere near a tub, or a sink, or a pool, least not while in my possession. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis