Once again: what are you listening to now?

maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
Lc

Lately I have been playing over and over Leonard Cohen Live in London concert DVD.
Also K.D. Lang Live with the BBC Orchestra.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Regina Spektor - Far. If you're familiar with Russian-born New York resident, Spektor, this CD is a nice continuation of her last one, Begin to Hope. That's a compliment, because her eccentric, high voiced singing style, skipwise piano playing and free-form songs are fairly unique. I've known about her for a while and this and her previous CD really jelled after some incoherent early efforts. She is an interesting, innovative and somewhat theatrical composer and singer. "A million ancient bees began to sting our knees", an odd lyric.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

I owned this long ago and recently acquired it on vinyl as a part of the Best of album. When this song (which I had completely forgotten about) came along, it became time to turn it up. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
About 20 years ago I had this on cassette. I'm not exactly proud of it because it's about the gayest song ever but when I had a chance to get the 12" on vinyl, I didn't hesitate. Once again ... wrong forum. :D

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

The Drive By Truckers - A Blessing and a Curse. It's not my favorite DBT album (Southern Rock Opera and Brighter Than Creation's Dark get that honor) but a middling DBT album is more interesting and erudite than most of the rest of the musical world, so rock on Patterson Hood.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Raising Sand with Robert Plant and Allison Krauss with production by T Bone Burnett. It took a while for me to adjust to this, especially since Led Zeppelin Plant is one of my ancient icons, but it's nice. Generally Allison Krauss's singing makes me melt and this is no exception. Nice harmonizing by Plant. What makes it all work for me is Burnett's always-odd, off center production. It's soft-southern-gothic sound makes a good twin for my other favorite southern gothic, Don Chambers and Goat. Chambers sounds like Edgar Allen Poe with a rock band.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja

Song Listing

1. Fine + 2 Pts
2. Let's Play Clowns
3. Dog Park
4. I'm Totally Not Down with Rob's Alien
5. Hey! Is That a Ninja Up There?
6. Pony Up!

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General

I came across this version of this song the other day. What a old school band head east was!!!

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic

I can only listen to the CD layer.

It's un-friggin-believable sounding. I heartily recommend it.

Shadow Death

Shadow Death

Audiophyte
The Highwaymen - Highwayman
The Highwaymen - America Remains

Pifft... I might as well admit it, Pretty much the whole "The Highwayman Collection" album.

4 of the best country singers to exist, an in two cases pass away. :(

Waylon Jennings
Johnny Cash
Willie Nelson
Kris Kristofferson

Willie Nelson does good country blues.
Kris Kristofferson does good outlaw country.
Johnny Cash's voice is very good with background music.
Waylon Jennings could sing with no music and still entertain anyone who loves country. IMO

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

My favorite Radiohead CD - OK Computer. Delightfully spacy...good thing for the end of the day.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis