Once again: what are you listening to now?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Nice! I thinking of going over to either Phil’s home or ADTG and write my name on the driveway, something like umm, Mike was here. ;). Lol not really, going to watch some NFL to night. Hey you a Falcons fans?

Mike
Come on up Mike. We can watch some Kentucky basketball. In fact, they have their first exhibition game tomorrow night at 6 PM on the SEC Network. Have a very good feeling that UK will be hanging #9 this year. Guess we will know come March Madness time in 2019! I am so stoked! Go Big Blue! :)

Cheers,

Phil

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks Ryan. BTW, we share the same name. Ryan is my 1st name. But, I have always gone by my middle name. Nobody really knows me using Ryan. But, lawd they sure know me as Phil.......LOL!!!! :cool:
I said it to Kaathe in one of his threads...
Only a few of us get to share those four letters in that particular order!

Gotta ask...

Were you named "after (loosely or otherwise)" Ryan O'Neal, too?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
One more before I have to get to the shop tonight:

This is one of those songs that defines the 80's for me... Early days of MTV, and just, well, the sound of growing up:

Enjoy!
I like this one too. Lots of memories from my MTV days. It all started for me with this one Ryan:

Have a good night Ryan!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

Gotta ask...

No my Mom told me she seen on a truck "Ryan Concrete Company" and decided to use that. My family has always referred to me as Phillip. But, for some reason everyone else just refers to me as Phil. So, I just use that as well........LOL!! Thanks for asking. :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
When I was in grade school, i was in class with three other Ryan's. That got annoying! And it was all thanks to Ryan O'Neal!
I bet. One of my former co-workers name was Ryan too. But, he spelled it Ryian. Honestly, I thought that was a bit odd. But then again, he was odd too......LOL!!! At work, we butted heads all of the time. Outside of work, we were like best friends. I sure in heck don't miss it or him though.:eek:

Cheers,

Phil

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic

Gotta ask...

I'm named after Ryan O'Neal, and my dad said I resemble him so much it's eerie.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Thanks Ryan. BTW, we share the same name. Ryan is my 1st name. But, I have always gone by my middle name. Nobody really knows me using Ryan. But, lawd they sure know me as Phil.......LOL!!!! :cool:

Cheers,

Phil
Well, we share names, too!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sure thing! Hope everything's well on your end.
It is better now the meds are working. Got a bad case of food poison that I do not wish on anyone. Not even both of my ex-wives......LOL!!!! o_O No really, I am fine. Life goes on and we must continue moving forward. Never forget that Ryan. Believe that you can and you are already half way there. Let the Good Lord sort out the rest.

Cheers,

Phil

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
It is better now the meds are working. Got a bad case of food poison that I do not wish on anyone. Not even both of my ex-wives......LOL!!!! o_O No really, I am fine. Life goes on and we must continue moving forward. Never forget that Ryan. Believe that you can and you are already half way there. Let the Good Lord sort out the rest.

Cheers,

Phil
Indeed. Jesus Christ will sort out the rest. He and His Father want the best for me, and you, and everyone else. I'm sorry to hear you've got ptomaine poisoning! Nasty! People NEVER like for that to happen!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Indeed. Jesus Christ will sort out the rest. He and His Father want the best for me, and you, and everyone else. I'm sorry to hear you've got ptomaine poisoning! Nasty! People NEVER like for that to happen!
I agree Ryan it is ALL about Jesus. HE has been so very good to me. Just like HE does for anyone who believes in HIM. My Mom used to always say that "It will all work out in the wash". She was, and still is, absolutely correct. I am learning to take life one day at a time. That is saying something given that I am not the most patient person. Basically, I do what I can and let Jesus handle the rest. I know no other way.

Cheers,

Phil

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
I agree Ryan it is ALL about Jesus. HE has been so very good to me. Just like HE does for anyone who believes in HIM. My Mom used to always say that "It will all work out in the wash". She was, and still is, absolutely correct. I am learning to take life one day at a time. That is saying something given that I am not the most patient person. Basically, I do what I can and let Jesus handle the rest. I know no other way.

Cheers,

Phil
That is a comment that is worth so much, Ryan (Or Phil, whatever you want to be called.) As you already know, we're not supposed to be talking about religious stuff, but we're not inciting controversy, which is mostly why they say that. Religious controversy is what sets things off, not talking about a deity (Like Jesus) in a positive manner that's uplifting, right?
Thanks,
Ryan

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
When I was in grade school, i was in class with three other Ryan's. That got annoying! And it was all thanks to Ryan O'Neal!
This is a great tune from the 40s, in true stereo! Love it! "Opus No. 1" by Tommy Dorsey and his Orchestra.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That is a comment that is worth so much, Ryan (Or Phil, whatever you want to be called.) As you already know, we're not supposed to be talking about religious stuff, but we're not inciting controversy, which is mostly why they say that. Religious controversy is what sets things off, not talking about a deity (Like Jesus) in a positive manner that's uplifting, right?
Thanks,
Ryan
Ryan, my Mom and my Grandmother used to always say "Never discuss religion or politics in public". As a kid I never really understood why. But, as an adult it is very obvious that each of us has his/her own beliefs. That is why I never force my views on anyone. To do so, would certainly stir it up. Therefore, I do tread cautiously in those areas. Here on this forum, as well as, in public. Keeping an open mind really helps with issues like that inmho. :)

Cheers,

Phil

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Continuing the 80's flashback, from work tonight, on the 80's New Wave Pandora station one of our chefs put on:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Continuing the 80's flashback, from work tonight, on the 80's New Wave Pandora station one of our chefs put on:

Thomas Dolby for sure! Used to sing that one in my head for days at a time. I am listening to it right =even as early as it is.........LOL! Excellent choice! :)

Cheers,

Phil

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Thomas Dolby for sure! Used to sing that one in my head for days at a time. I am listening to it right =even as early as it is.........LOL! Excellent choice! :)

Cheers,

Phil
Thomas Dolby? LOL! "Blinded me with Science" is nutty! LOL!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis