Once again: what are you listening to now?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I checked out those tracks you posted earlier from their new album and I am not a fan of them. I did get a free track from Amazon from them though and I liked it; I think it is also from that album.

NP:

I've been a big Metric fan since their debut album back in 2005 or so. I find this album nto to be thei rbest work but its growing on me. The first track is their radio hit...the 2nd track is something I like. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Otis Taylor "Contraband" on CD very electic mix of music but some very good blues toons.

T

Trev

Audioholic
Really not sure what to make of Otis there 3DB. Think it's definitely an acquired one. It's great musically, just flavors my ears aren't used to mixing.

But then again I listen to stuff that's a little off the beaten path,

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I checked out those tracks you posted earlier from their new album and I am not a fan of them. I did get a free track from Amazon from them though and I liked it; I think it is also from that album.

NP:

Said this once, say it again. You need to give it more time. The album before Synthetica, fantasies, was my favorite. Then new one came out, and it didn't have the bite and upfront *F*CK YEAH! METRIC* feel to it.

2 weeks later I can't stock listening to the new one. Give it time, you'll like it.

But since I'm such a nice guy, here is a couple notable tracks to get you started (make sure to choose HQ for better audio).

Metric - Artificial Nocturne - YouTube

METRIC "Help I'm Alive" - a Deco Dawson short film - YouTube

Metric - The List - YouTube

Metric | I.O.U. (Official Video) - YouTube

Combat Baby - METRIC - YouTube

SheepStar

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Said this once, say it again. You need to give it more time. The album before Synthetica, fantasies, was my favorite. Then new one came out, and it didn't have the bite and upfront *F*CK YEAH! METRIC* feel to it.

2 weeks later I can't stock listening to the new one. Give it time, you'll like it.

But since I'm such a nice guy, here is a couple notable tracks to get you started (make sure to choose HQ for better audio).

Metric - Artificial Nocturne - YouTube

METRIC "Help I'm Alive" - a Deco Dawson short film - YouTube

Metric - The List - YouTube

Metric | I.O.U. (Official Video) - YouTube

Combat Baby - METRIC - YouTube

SheepStar

Love Combat Baby. Its off their firt album if I'm not mistaken.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
According to Wikipedia Grow up and Blow away is the first full album, with a couple EP thingers before it. Pretty sure that's correct too, I have them all, and Grow up and Blow away feels older.

SheepStar
I have all of them as well. The album you mentioned came out after their 2nd release "Live It Out" and was more of a solo effort of Emily Haines .. I was wondering if they may have released that song as single before teh first album was put out.

Metric - Music Biography, Credits and Discography : AllMusic

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Earlier today - Depeche Mode Violator on SACD. The surround sound mix is very engaging.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The Tragically Hip self titled on CD . Their first album was soooooooooo good.

T

Trev

Audioholic
Whoever made this video, is just... awesome as all hell.

Fu Manchu - Hell on Wheels

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Earlier today - Depeche Mode Violator on SACD. The surround sound mix is very engaging.
Have you heard the DTS mix? A lot of people say it is better than the SACD. I haven't heard the SACD, but I do have the DTS and it IS pretty darn good.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Metric "Synthetica on vinyl

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Freaky video, but one of my favorite Mars Volta tracks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com