Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
This is a nice one...fitting for album title. She gives us a little bit of that on Café Blue, maybe 3 or 4 tracks...and she expands on it. This was clearly her expanding her artistic canvas if you will. I can see myself adding Nightclub and a couple more from her soon.
I have the normal Nightclub CD and can play most (all?) of her albums on Amazon Music HD (unlimited) in 16/44.1, so hard to justify the SACDs unless they are priced right used. These can be expensive. :)

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have the normal Nightclub CD and can play most (all?) of her albums on Amazon Music HD (unlimited) in 16/44.1, so hard to justify the SACDs unless they are priced right used. These can be expensive. :)
I've resisted Amazon HD, Qobuz, etc. for now. I think when I get my own library fully digitized and a better streaming situation I will revisit...in the interim I have plenty of music, but I'm like a junkie with this stuff at times.

Yes...sacd titles can be expensive...sometimes I can find good deals on Amazon. My last purchase was from Mofi directly...they were running a promo on several titles...$20

Typically every year my boss gives me $400 in Amex gift cards...and being a nice guy I normally split it (not evenly...lol) with my wife...you can guess where my share is spent...SACDs.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I've resisted Amazon HD, Qobuz, etc. for now. I think when I get my own library fully digitized and a better streaming situation I will revisit...in the interim I have plenty of music, but I'm like a junkie with this stuff at times.

Yes...sacd titles can be expensive...sometimes I can find good deals on Amazon. My last purchase was from Mofi directly...they were running a promo on several titles...$20

Typically every year my boss gives me $400 in Amex gift cards...and being a nice guy I normally split it (not evenly...lol) with my wife...you can guess where my share is spent...SACDs.
I am a recovering CD and DVD addict but the Amazon music hd unlimited soothes the addiction. I have access to so much. I do still buy UHD Blu-rays and a few music discs here and there. I’m not perfect. :). The GF hates clutter but there’s something about the actual discs I’m drawn to. :)

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I am a recovering CD and DVD addict but the Amazon music hd unlimited soothes the addiction. I have access to so much. I do still buy UHD Blu-rays and a few music discs here and there. I’m not perfect. :). The GF hates clutter but there’s something about the actual discs I’m drawn to. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Morphine: The Night
Released in February 2000, about 7 mos after Mark Sandman died of a massive heart attack on stage in Italy. The report I heard at the time was that he was dead when he hit the ground.

Marks voice was once described to me as "Lard and Sugar:" I looked quizzically at my friend and uttered something to the effect of "WTF are you talking about?..."
"Smooth and sweet," he replied, grinning. "Like Twinkie Filling!"

Yeah. He got that right. His voice and his 2-String Fretless Bass are still missed.

I cried back in July 1999, and again 20 years ago this coming Friday when I first heard this album. I still can't listen to this without chills running my spine, so deep was the influence these guys had on me as a Saxophonist and a Rocker.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Morphine: The Night
Released in February 2000, about 7 mos after Mark Sandman died of a massive heart attack on stage in Italy. The report I heard at the time was that he was dead when he hit the ground.

Marks voice was once described to me as "Lard and Sugar:" I looked quizzically at my friend and uttered something to the effect of "WTF are you talking about?..."
"Smooth and sweet," he replied, grinning. "Like Twinkie Filling!"

Yeah. He got that right. His voice and his 2-String Fretless Bass are still missed.

I cried back in July 1999, and again 20 years ago this coming Friday when I first heard this album. I still can't listen to this without chills running my spine, so deep was the influence these guys had on me as a Saxophonist and a Rocker.

Great band... I have to listen some tomorrow. It's been awhile.

B

BT1650

Audiophyte
Moved speakers around today so reran audyssey. My go to album for testing audyssey is Getz/Gilberto from 1964. I've listened to it since the 60's so I know it well over many different systems. Great album. It has stereo and mono tracks of the same songs I use the mono tracks to test imaging. and if audyssey isn't right the sax will sound muddy and blurred on your system.
I then jumped into Tool Fear Inoculum that is so much fun to crank up.
Now I'm doing a pairing music and drink. I really like the Randy Travis album Influence 1 and 2. Macallan scotch goes well with it fyi. I like the way it was recorded very well done album.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Rod Stewart - What's Made Milwaukee Famous (Has Made A Loser Out Of Me)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I like all of them and don't really have one, but the title track might be a contender for favorite....
I’m guessing the multichannel brings everything to a new dimension. I might have to break down and get a copy. It’s quad not 5.1, right?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis