Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Listened to an 80s pop compilation on my wiim pro plus today. Great sound better than FM with no commercials. Been mainly listening to streaming music lately.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Grateful Dead Dave’s pick #48 which finally arrived in the mail. The 1971 show from UCLA is good but the 3rd disc with part of a 1970 show from St. Louis is amazing! The band isn’t the same without Pigpen. Can’t wait to hear the rest of the show which supposedly will be released as part of the series next year. Love live Dead. RIP Pigpen and Jerry.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I love Stanley Clarke! Saw him with George Duke back in the 80s and he sat in with Les Paul in NYC in the late 90s. Beautiful jazz bass. Thanks for bringing back some happy sound memories.
I own and love his cd School Daze. The title song is just fantastic. And I did own the LP back in the day.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Probably not much to compare it to in industrial but the sound engineering is off the charts. Expert songwriting by Gore. The outro is sublime, and way ahead of their years (considering this was around 1984).

Edit: a keystone in music production IMO. Unreal.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I love Stanley Clarke! Saw him with George Duke back in the 80s and he sat in with Les Paul in NYC in the late 90s. Beautiful jazz bass. Thanks for bringing back some happy sound memories.
Stanley's one of my favorite bassists. It was his working with Hiromi, another favorite (pianist, not bassist), that caught my eye/ear on this one....

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Happy Bday Ms. Krall. I do enjoy listening to some of her music. :)

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Created a radio station within Pandora based on "Spyro Gyra," set on discovery mode early this morning. Wasn't sure if I was really in that sort of 'la-ti-da' jazz kind of mood but much can be said for mostly great recordings, subs, and enough SPL. I tend to discount the SPL part when trying to figure a certain genre type to mood. The discovery mode in this situation, leads off to funk, and other fusions, some that are really good. Still at it over 12 hrs by now.

SPL matters. Add enough to even smooth jazz and it turns it into something else. Alive with complete percussion sections that certainly add effect when listening at real life levels. I'm sitting here and suddenly I am thinking out loud with something like. . . "Is that a f'n castanet I hear? That's a f'n castanet, sure as sh!t, and it sounds cool AF up loud."

The rest of it is all there as well, and a good test for the subs, SQ wise. You can really pick out the bass notes and then there's that going for the volume control when a killer drum solo comes on.

Anyway, that's what I did all day/night so far.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yesterday's listening selections after having the system dialed in again. The first track on the first selection, Texas Flood is very heavy with deep bass that a lot of floorstanders and towers have trouble reaching. Its a great track to check how well the subs are integrated with the main speakers. So far, I really like the sound I was able to achieve..
IMG_0248.jpg
IMG_0249.jpg
IMG_0250.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis