D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Is this his plans?

FYI around 2017-18, Trump wanted to host the G7 summit at his Doral resort. He said to the press along the lines of 'Washington ran his business like his presidency, implying what he was doing was OK. Someone pointed out the reason Trump was willing to host the event for free was because he would have saved millions in renovation costs by having the government pick up the tab.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Also where a YTer said Trump is the most transparent president they'd ever seen. So when he said he was not taking his $400k president salary, well he's a billionaire so that's like throwing pocket change in the fountain. It was likely a con to appeal to his base like he's this charitable Samaritan LOL.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Not totally dead no .... but it is shocking to see how some whole communities have completely fallen apart
- Really hard to see people working hard, having $ zero left in the pocket after monthly rent is paid
- Or from Harlan, Kentucky which I believe the whole community was based on coal-mining .... status now: makes the slum of Rio de Janeiro look like heaven... my goodness what is happening here

I believe in working hard like he$#, the opportunities we get are the ones we give ourselves, we may have insane blows to our lives and always manage to get up and still have really great lives :cool:
- But if a whole community is full crap, falling apart .... maybe that is not possible anymore?
A place that relies on one industry for its existence, like your example of Harlan, KY or even Detroit, Michigan, is destined to fail unless they look outside of those industries. One major blow to the industry means collapse of the city/town and when the automakers reduced their operations and/or left Detroit, the city effectively was on life support. Parts of it are coming back, but it has been a long time since it was successful. I don't know Harlan, but when an industry is basically killed by government and that government doesn't help enough, what chance do they have?

However, many in some cities (like Milwaukee, which is the area where I live), the public school system isn't great, kids don't stay (high truancy and dropout rates) and that severely limits their chances of leaving poverty. The options are limited to finding work at whatever pay they can get, crime or government assistance. If you have seen references to The Kia Boyz, it refers to a gang who stole Kia cars in huge numbers. They didn't sell many of them, didn't dismantle them to sell the parts, they drove them with multiple passengers in order to find other Kias to steal, then either continue to drive those cars and dump them or flee from the Police and crash or find a way to get away and continue. Some died in those crashes, many innocent drivers and passengers died or were sent to hospitals. These kids are often as young as 12 years old and very often, guns are involved.

The lack of initiative in many people is appalling. Used to be that if someone needed money, they found a legal way to get it. Now, it's a case of "Working is for suckers".

highfigh

highfigh

I can tell you one possibility........

Supposedly the perp was confronted by a local LEO attempting to get on the roof top, the story I heard was that the perp aimed his weapon towards the LEO who in turn fell backwards. The perp then returned to his prone position and began to shoot. That confrontation with the LEO without question raised his heart rate even further, which could have been enough.
May have been similar to 'buck fever', where a hunter shakes when they have a deer in their sites, but the encounter with the cop likely had something to do with it. I didn't see anything about the distance to the cop, but Crooks wasn't far from the edge. Still, police officers train for having someone aim at them- not sure how the local cops are trained, but Bethel Park, PA has population of more than 35K and from looking at the crime stats, it seems that they don't have much violent crime or gun crimes. Sounds like a nice place- it's a shame that had to change.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
The lack of initiative in many people is appalling. Used to be that if someone needed money, they found a legal way to get it. Now, it's a case of "Working is for suckers".
Good points!

Yeah ..... I think, good people always find a way :)
And the only way is really really hard work :D
I think a good start: if something goes haywire in the life, don´t blame anyone else...just make it right :cool:

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
so what´s going on here, Eric Trump proudy claiming at RNC 2024 that now we have the nominee of the greatest US president in history, to and endless cheering !!!! ...... is that really lots of people thinking like this? o_O

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

so what´s going on here, Eric Trump proudy claiming at RNC 2024 that now we have the nominee of the greatest US president in history, to and endless cheering !!!! ...... is that really lots of people thinking like this? o_O
Well, at least the ones there are lots, no, and they do think like that, yes. ;) :eek:
And his hard core as well.

highfigh

highfigh

Good points!

Yeah ..... I think, good people always find a way :)
And the only way is really really hard work :D
I think a good start: if something goes haywire in the life, don´t blame anyone else...just make it right :cool:
I was boating with some friends and one of them had owned a bar in a pretty sketchy part of the city. One afternoon, he was there to get the place ready for business and have some work done when a guy walked in and asked for some money. Robert said "I'm not just gonna just give you money, but I'll pay you fifteen dollars, to watch this bar stool for twenty minutes. The guy was gone in less than ten minutes. Robert also said "If I needed money, I would never beg for it -I would approach someone and ask what I could do for them".

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It wouldn't surprise me if it was this quote that go Vance the pick. It reminds of Ramaswamy saying nice things about Trump during the debate. Then Trump saying he won the debate.

“Today is not just some isolated incident,” Vance wrote on X. “The central premise of the Biden campaign is that President Donald Trump is an authoritarian fascist who must be stopped at all costs. That rhetoric led directly to President Trump’s attempted assassination.”

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The press sure is having fun with this. So am I. No need to get it from the left when Vance can provide it all for me. :)

“moral disaster”
“total fraud”
reprehensible
“one of USA’s most hated, villainous, douchey celebs”

“I think if folks went to church a little bit more, they may not be as excited or as attracted to the sort of social experience that Trump provides.”

“There is definitely an element of Donald Trump’s support that has its basis in racism, xenophobia...."

“Definitely some people who voted for Trump were racist and they voted for him for racist reasons”

>>>Speaking with CNN in October 2016, Vance criticized Trump foractively antagonizingBlack voters, claiming this tactic was a long-standing Republican strategy.

“It’s not just that Donald Trump doesn’t speak to issues of special concern of minority voters or Black voters, it’s that he seems to like actively antagonizing a lot of the Black voters,” Vance said during a panel discussion.

In a July 2016 interview with American Conservative, a right-leaning publication, he added Trump was making the problem of racial resentment “worse” by talking about “rapist immigrants and banning all Muslims” as part of his message.

To that end – Vance once tweeted he found Trump reprehensible.

“Trump makes people I care about afraid. Immigrants, Muslims, etc. Because of this I find him reprehensible. God wants better of us,” he wrote in October 2016.<<<

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I was boating with some friends and one of them had owned a bar in a pretty sketchy part of the city. One afternoon, he was there to get the place ready for business and have some work done when a guy walked in and asked for some money. Robert said "I'm not just gonna just give you money, but I'll pay you fifteen dollars, to watch this bar stool for twenty minutes. The guy was gone in less than ten minutes. Robert also said "If I needed money, I would never beg for it -I would approach someone and ask what I could do for them".
Shocking .....

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Trae Crowder has an opinion on Trump's VP pick.

I’m in no doubt of that he thinks of Vance after watching this clip. :D

The usually mild-mannered Senator Mitt Romney said this about his Senate colleague Vance a year ago:

>>>"I don't know that I can disrespect someone more than J.D. Vance," Romney told Coppins in a book excerpt that appeared in The Atlantic<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I am wondering if Cannon or staff talked to Thomas or staff before that to help her out.
I doubt it, but who knows.

As I understand it, the DOJ can appoint an already affirmed U.S. attorney to the case, reindict, then hire Smith to oversee prosecution. However, the case would most likely go to Cannon again (see blog post below).

I suspect the DOJ will appeal because the Florida ruling calls into question the legal status of other DOJ personnel, appointing a U.S. attorney potentially enforces the appearance that Biden is controlling the prosecution, and the DOJ might try to get the case transferred to a different judge on appeal.

This blog has a good discussion of the decision:

>>>[Cannon] looked at the law and went 180 degrees from it to rule in Trump’s favor. She assessed the issue here in a way that no other court to consider the constitutionality of appointing a special counsel has. And although she wrote that her ruling applied only in this case, that’s not how precedent works. If her decision were to stand, it would throw a monkey wrench into other cases where an outside lawyer was brought in to act as a special counsel.

This decision was a bad one, and if the higher courts permit it to stand, it will do further damage to public confidence in the courts.<<<

One caveat: some in the legal community have opined that the decision is not terrible, and might be upheld.

The only thing that is certain is more delay. And more delay. And more delay, ad nauseam.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Same here, After Covid, nobody wants to work. They all want handouts ( $$)
The overall reduction in workforce participation post covid is apparently about 1%

>>>Labor force participation plummeted by more than 3 percentage points during the first two months of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, representing a decline of more than 8.2 million people. While about half of the drop was quickly regained, participation has stagnated at about 1 percentage point below its pre-pandemic level. . . .
The question of why so many workers, nearly 1% of adults, have exited the labor force is a big question . . . The question of why so many workers, nearly 1% of adults, have exited the labor force is a big question, with important implications for future economic growth, inflation, and labor market policies. . . . Hand-in-hand, there has been a significant decline in hours worked, both in aggregate and per worker.<<<

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/why-havent-workers-returned-to-the-labor-force-after-covid-19/

I'm not sure how many people want to work, but I'm pretty sure everyone likes to eat.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
The overall reduction in workforce participation post covid is apparently about 1%

>>>Labor force participation plummeted by more than 3 percentage points during the first two months of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, representing a decline of more than 8.2 million people. While about half of the drop was quickly regained, participation has stagnated at about 1 percentage point below its pre-pandemic level. . . .
The question of why so many workers, nearly 1% of adults, have exited the labor force is a big question . . . The question of why so many workers, nearly 1% of adults, have exited the labor force is a big question, with important implications for future economic growth, inflation, and labor market policies. . . . Hand-in-hand, there has been a significant decline in hours worked, both in aggregate and per worker.<<<

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/why-havent-workers-returned-to-the-labor-force-after-covid-19/

I'm not sure how many people want to work, but I'm pretty sure everyone likes to eat.
I personally believe a lot of people found other ways of earning an income rather than just a job during Covid. For me personally that’s when I decided not to go back and punch a clock again. Took me about a year after Covid ended to make that a reality. I’m fully self-employed, but many people have decided to become gig workers leaving the normal workplace in lieu of something more flexible.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

I think a lot of unemployment statistics, I know in my area is seasonal in the Lodging section and then the Hospitality area. Restaurants just can't seem to keep people, always looking for new people, either poor performance or people just don't like the hours or the money. Ya got to eat and most have another in their family of sorts with a full time better paying job.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis