T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
The other problem is a lot of people got checks for between $3,000 and $11,000. Many of these people were working 30 hour a week jobs making minimum wage and we’re used to getting a check every other week for $1100. If I remember correctly, I got about $17k over two or three months and collected unemployment. Many people weren’t used to this kind of money and have a real issue taking a pay cut to go back to work, strange I know.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Hmmm.... Trump once said: "I am the strongest supporter for Ukraine! Actually there is nobody who cares for Ukraine as much as I do! Thats why only I can bring them peace! With me as president, ruzzia would have never attacked Ukraine in the first place! And I will tell putin that he has to make peace or I will deliver so much weapons to Ukraine! Nobody could ever send more then I do!“

Is this something we could believe in?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Hmmm.... Trump once said: "I am the strongest supporter for Ukraine! Actually there is nobody who cares for Ukraine as much as I do! Thats why only I can bring them peace! With me as president, ruzzia would have never attacked Ukraine in the first place! And I will tell putin that he has to make peace or I will deliver so much weapons to Ukraine! Nobody could ever send more then I do!“

Is this something we could believe in?
I suppose it's possible, but I also imagine it's not. Trump does have a weird affinity for people in power, like Putin and Jong. After Kyle Rittenhouse was found not guilty, he visited Trump at the WH. Above them was a picture of Kim Jong. I think it was Trump trying to say he created an alliance with North Korea, but that it's a picture of a guy who I've heard killed his own brother amongst others well yeah a very tacky idea.:rolleyes:

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Same here, After Covid, nobody wants to work. They all want handouts ( $$)
Have you needed to call for tech or customer support, anywhere? That's an area where quality has gone to hell. Restaurants, too- many closed in this area and they generally say it's because of a decrease in customers, but customers often say the service was terrible. Deliveries go to the wrong address, sometimes the driver just keeps whatever they were supposed to deliver. I know others who own companies and say that many new hires quit after a week or two, saying they don't like the job, don't like working, don't like not having a say in anything. I never thought that working for someone else was a democracy. Others have worked for these companies for years without complains, but the new ones seem to think they're special.

highfigh

highfigh

I personally believe a lot of people found other ways of earning an income rather than just a job during Covid. For me personally that’s when I decided not to go back and punch a clock again. Took me about a year after Covid ended to make that a reality. I’m fully self-employed, but many people have decided to become gig workers leaving the normal workplace in lieu of something more flexible.
Flexibility is great, but is this a long term solution, with contribution to FICA, insurance, some kind of retirement and health care? And then, there's the IRS. People who make cash and think they get to keep everything need to keep records of everything they spend. Making cash and buying cars is a good way to be noticed.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Have you needed to call for tech or customer support, anywhere? That's an area where quality has gone to hell. Restaurants, too- many closed in this area and they generally say it's because of a decrease in customers, but customers often say the service was terrible. Deliveries go to the wrong address, sometimes the driver just keeps whatever they were supposed to deliver. I know others who own companies and say that many new hires quit after a week or two, saying they don't like the job, don't like working, don't like not having a say in anything. I never thought that working for someone else was a democracy. Others have worked for these companies for years without complains, but the new ones seem to think they're special.
Tech support, what tech support :D

highfigh

highfigh

Tech support, what tech support :D
I was looking at info for an AVR and they show VRR and ALLM on the web page, but there's nothing on that page to indicate what it is which, as I found on my own, are more important for gamers. I was on the phone with someone at an AV distributor at the time and she didn't know, either- had never heard anything in training or otherwise from the brand. Neither of us were interested in calling the manufacturer because there's no reason if we won't get the info we need.

highfigh

highfigh

yes indeed…. There is no free lunch

if we want something; we need to work hard for it :cool:
If you say that in the US, you'll be called racist and a terrible person (among other things). The truth is being cancelled.

T

TankTop5

Yes, @TankTop5, putting fake bandages on their ears is dumb indeed.
It’s a statement of solidarity and people do this all the time in different manners. The way you describe it makes you sound foolish and discredits you. Even if you’re a far left wing lunatic it would serve you well to pretend not to be for the moment. The Democrat party would benefit if they at least feigned outrage and maybe even wear a bandage on their own ears. Literally failing at a one man asskicking contest.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It’s a statement of solidarity and people do this all the time in different manners. The way you describe it makes you sound foolish and discredits you. Even if you’re a far left wing lunatic it would serve you well to pretend not to be for the moment. The Democrat party would benefit if they at least feigned outrage and maybe even wear a bandage on their own ears. Literally failing at a one man asskicking contest.
I'm no closer to the far left than I am to the far right. I certainly understand statements of solidarity, but that looks ridiculous. I can't speak for the Democratic party, so complain to them if you want. The odds that Republicans would be outraged if Democrats wore bandages on their ears and accused them of mocking Trump hover around 100%.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL they're wearing bandages on the ears to commemorate the drumph's being shot by a drumph fan. You can't make this sh*t up.....

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
LOL they're wearing bandages on the ears to commemorate the drumph's being shot by a drumph fan. You can't make this sh*t up.....
It’s not so much written about the shooter. There is no manifesto or other posts to indicate his motivations for his failed assassination of Trump, at least publicly. He donated $15 in 2021 to a liberal group but was a registered Republican. He did well in high school. Not known by the police. And so forth.

T

TankTop5

It’s not so much written about the shooter. There is no manifesto or other posts to indicate his motivations for his failed assassination of Trump, at least publicly. He donated $15 in 2021 to a liberal group but was a registered Republican. He did well in high school. Not known by the police. And so forth.

Registered Republican

IMG_8106.jpeg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It’s not so much written about the shooter. There is no manifesto or other posts to indicate his motivations for his failed assassination of Trump, at least publicly. He donated $15 in 2021 to a liberal group but was a registered Republican. He did well in high school. Not known by the police. And so forth....

Yes, seems he wasn't much of a fan of politicians generally in an interview with a former HS classmate I just saw, despite his registration as a republican he apparently didn't vote and also may have had plans for Biden as well. It's still just desserts in that it's drumph promoting political violence...

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, seems he wasn't much of a fan of politicians generally in an interview with a former HS classmate I just saw, despite his registration as a republican he apparently didn't vote and also may have had plans for Biden as well. It's still just desserts in that it's drumph promoting political violence...
Is this an insanely crazy guy that wanted to go out of this life with a "bang" .... I mean, there is no motive here?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis