M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Why this guy didn’t shoot center mass is baffling
Occam's razor says: "He sucked"

>>>Jameson Myers, a former member of the Bethel Park High School varsity rifle team who graduated alongside Crooks in 2022, told CBS that Crooks did not make the team.

"He did not even make the junior varsity team after trying out," Mr Myers added. "He never returned to try-outs for the remainder of high school."

Another former classmate told ABC News he "shot terrible" and "wasn't really fit for the rifle team". <<<

Common sense says no one would recruit this guy for an elaborate assassination scheme (I realize you didn't say anyone did, it's just an observation).

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Occam's razor says: "He sucked"

>>>Jameson Myers, a former member of the Bethel Park High School varsity rifle team who graduated alongside Crooks in 2022, told CBS that Crooks did not make the team.

"He did not even make the junior varsity team after trying out," Mr Myers added. "He never returned to try-outs for the remainder of high school."

Another former classmate told ABC News he "shot terrible" and "wasn't really fit for the rifle team". <<<

Common sense says no one would recruit this guy for an elaborate assassination scheme (I realize you didn't say anyone did, it's just an observation).
That guy was complete loser!!!!!
Shouldn´t there be some regulations, that people like this are disallowed from having guns o_O

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Scary, it’s not like he’s a Federalist
Excuse my ignorance ... but could I ask, what is a federalist? :rolleyes:
(I asked ChatGPT but not sure if I understand so much more)

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
That guy was complete loser!!!!!
Shouldn´t there be some regulations, that people like this are disallowed from having guns o_O
Some states have "red flag" laws, but Pennsylvania is not one of them:

>>>Pennsylvania lacks an extreme risk protection order, known as a red flag law, which allows family members or law enforcement to bar temporary access to firearms for an individual at risk of harming themselves or others.<<<

Even if Pennsylvania did have a red flag law, it's not clear that it would have made a difference because the shooter's father was apparently the owner of the gun, and it's not clear if the shooter's conduct prior to the shooting would have qualified under typical red flag laws.

I've heard unconfirmed second hand accounts of family members in non red flag states telling law enforcement that they were going to take a gun away from a suicidal family member. As I understand it, law enforcement did not intervene and the gun was removed by the family members. Police have some inherent emergency power but I don't know how common this is.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Some states have "red flag" laws, but Pennsylvania is not one of them:

>>>Pennsylvania lacks an extreme risk protection order, known as a red flag law, which allows family members or law enforcement to bar temporary access to firearms for an individual at risk of harming themselves or others.<<<

Even if Pennsylvania did have a red flag law, it's not clear that it would have made a difference because the shooter's father was apparently the owner of the gun, and it's not clear if the shooter's conduct prior to the shooting would have qualified under typical red flag laws.

I've heard unconfirmed second hand accounts of family members in non red flag states telling law enforcement that they were going to take a gun away from a suicidal family member. As I understand it, law enforcement did not intervene and the gun was removed by the family members. Police have some inherent emergency power but I don't know how common this is.
If that´s the case, his father is IMHO possibly guilty of criminal neglect of not keeping weapon safe :rolleyes:

I was in the Norwegian civil guard, having full equipment with machine gun and bullets and everything, tons of equipment at home, the foundation being that Norway could respond to any attack within just a few hours with thousands of thousands of people. There were extremely tough regulations on this and the gun itself should be kept separated from the "closing piece" as well as ammunition. I took this very seriously and even if someone found that machine gun it would be unusable because I was hiding the rest of the stuff in places that would be impossible to find.

So when this father keeps a gun seemingly without any sense of care, I find it clearly criminal o_O

Last edited:
T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
If that´s the case, his father is IMHO possibly guilty of criminal neglect of not keeping weapon safe :rolleyes:
Maybe, maybe not. If the firearm was secured that doesn’t mean other members of the home wouldn’t have access.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe, maybe not. If the firearm was secured that doesn’t mean other members of the home wouldn’t have access.
His father has the license, his son not .... so I think he should take that license seriously serious.....
If I understand correctly!

If the firearm was secured, this shooting wouldn´t happen, right?
read = criminal neglect!

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
His father has the license, his son not .... so I think he should take that license seriously serious.....

read = criminal neglect!
Your understanding of US gun laws is a bit off. You don’t need a license to purchase a firearm or possess it here. Also gifting or loaning a firearm to an immediate family member and member of the same household is generally legal.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

read = criminal neglect!
Possibly. The parents of a shooter in Michigan were recently convicted, but this is highly uncommon.

>>>Verdicts of this nature have been rare for parents facing liability for their child’s actions, such as with neglect or firearms charges.

Now, the verdicts in the Crumbley parents’ cases – based on allegations of negligence and foreseeability – likely will be used by prosecutors in other cases, Jackson said. . . . Still, the cases against the Crumbleys reflected parental negligence far outside the norm, prosecuting attorney Karen McDonald told jurors in the latter trial. . . .
Indeed, the elder Crumbleys’ cases were so uncommon that their impact will likely be limited, Frank Vandervort, clinical professor of law at the University of Michigan Law School, said prior to the trials in January. “I don’t anticipate there’s going to be a lot of this kind of thing filed; I think this is a pretty unique case,” he said.<<<

As of right now, I'm not aware of evidence that would support similar charges against Crooks' parents.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Hahaha more good humor....

David Frum on JD Vance pick: ...has sunk to the depths of depravation. :)

“I’m a Never Trump guy.”
“My god, what an idiot.”
“America’s Hitler”
“Mr. Trump is unfit for our nation’s highest office.”
“I can’t stomach Trump.”

"He even considered voting for Hillary Clinton over Trump: 'I think there’s a chance, if I feel like Trump has a really good chance of winning, that I might have to hold my nose and vote for Hillary Clinton.'"

“cynical asshole”
“Trump is cultural heroin.”

“Fellow Christians, everyone is watching us when we apologize for this man.”

Trump: Yes, I think I've made a tremendous choice. :)

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Hahaha more good humor....

David Frum on JD Vance pick: ...has sunk to the depths of depravation. :)

. . .

Trump: Yes, I think I've made a tremendous choice. :)
This writer called it:

>>>Out of all the potential candidates, he’s the one who I think could do the most damage if he actually made it into the White House, because he’s such an unprincipled climber and seems to be willing to say anything to get ahead. When most people thought Trump was just going to be a blip, Vance reportedly wondered if Trump would be “America’s Hitler.” Now that he’s a V.P. contender, Vance told Ross that Mike Pence could have justifiably tried to subvert Biden’s election. He’s a completely amoral sycophant without an independent political base, which I think is what Trump is probably looking for.<<<

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/26/opinion/trump-vp-pick.html

I thought Hillbilly Elegy was a good book, but Vance has proven to have no principles other than his own advancement.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I'd say there's a very high probability it will be appealed. . . . I have not read the decision, but my initial impression is that she latched onto this statement by Thomas in his concurring opinion in the Trump immunity case.
Odds are close to 100% that it will be appealed.

>>>It was a decision weighty enough for Smith’s spokesman Peter Carr, long known for his tight-lipped silence and aversion to grand public pronouncement, to release a scathing statement criticizing Cannon for departing from all federal judges before her. . . . “The Justice Department has authorized the Special Counsel to appeal the court’s order.”<<<

And she followed Thomas' statement in the Trump immunity case:

>>>For Cannon, the more useful view from the Supreme Court came from Justice Clarence Thomas, who went out of his way to opine on the Appointments Clause issue in a concurring opinion of Trump’s immunity case. Smith’s constitutional authority was not an issue before Thomas at that time, and the Court did not rule on it. No other justice expressed an opinion on the matter, but Thomas wrote separately to express his opposition to the constitutionality of Smith’s appointment.

Cannon took notice, citing Thomas’ concurring opinion no fewer than three times.<<<

There's no doubt Thomas added the dicta for precisely this reason.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Odds are close to 100% that it will be appealed.

There's no doubt Thomas added the dicta for precisely this reason.
I am wondering if Cannon or staff talked to Thomas or staff before that to help her out.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis