mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Someone, possibly Congress, is addressing price gouging by grocery store chains but to be honest, the price of many items are still similar to pre-COVID. However, some prices are insane, like the Fritos I posted.
Yes, indeed that price is beyond crazy. Good thing it is not an essential food source or snack. :D
Not for me.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Hahaha got my copy. Be funny to hear the Thank you for buying Assholes! :p
1718063710633.png

F

fallawayj

Audiophyte
I don't agree with every single line, but the broader problem with Trump.....

[excerpt]

THE PLUM LINE: Your 2009 report talked about the rise in right-wing extremism as a reaction to Barack Obama’s election and the financial crash. What are the ingredients now?

DARYL JOHNSON:
We’ve had almost eight years of far-right groups recruiting, radicalizing and growing in strength. Typically during Republican administrations we see a decrease in activity. But under this administration they continue to operate at a heightened level. One reason why is the rhetoric coming from Donald Trump.

Building a border wall, deporting immigrants, a travel ban on Muslim countries — these are themes discussed on white-nationalist message boards and websites for years, now being endorsed and talked about at the highest levels of the government. He’s retweeted messages about Muslims from conspiracy sites. What keeps these groups energized and active is the fact that the administration has mainstreamed their message and tried to put it forth as policy.

PLUM LINE: Why do these groups usually go into decline during other Republican administrations?

JOHNSON: Militias and anti-government groups get energized under a Democrat because of fear of gun control; the hate groups get active because of liberal Democratic policies extending rights to immigrants, gays, and minorities. During Republican administrations the fear and paranoia get dialed back because they feel the administrations are not going to repeal gun rights or extend rights to minority groups.

PLUM LINE: This is different.

JOHNSON:
Yup. Because of the viciousness of the rhetoric painting Democrats as evil and corrupt. And the different themes that resonate with extremists.

PLUM LINE: How does the Pittsburgh shooting fit into all of this?

JOHNSON: The conservative media has echoed the president … about how Democrats are contributing to this migrant exodus coming up from Central America. There’s a conspiracy theory that the Jews are controlling that. There’s been a mainstreaming of the extremist narratives. Things that were once on the outer fringes are now being brought to the forefront by Trump.

PLUM LINE: In the 2014 midterms, you did see race-baiting and anti-immigrant messaging from Republicans. But it seems different now, with the Soros angle. Trump has added explicit white-nationalist messaging to it.

JOHNSON:
Soros is funding the Democrats and he’s basically in control of all of these things that they attribute to the evil Democrats.

PLUM LINE: The pushback has been “Trump isn’t really an anti-Semite.” But the whole depiction of a globalist plot to manipulate these dark hordes to infest and weaken the “real” people — that is white-nationalist ideology, right? He doesn’t have to be overtly anti-Semitic.

JOHNSON:
No. When he says those things, he’s planting the idea, and those who are conspiracy-minded will attribute it to the Jews. He doesn’t have to come out and say it. It’s understood. If you’re a white nationalist and you hear “globalism,” you hear “new world order” and the “Jewish conspiracy to control the world.”

PLUM LINE: Having him do this is what emboldens these groups?

JOHNSON:
Yeah, and those who are mentally ill and on the cusp of violence hear this type of rhetoric and it gets them thinking, “Hey, I’ve got to do something about this. I’ve got to retaliate.” That’s when you get people start mailing the mail bombs and shooting Jews.

PLUM LINE: Is Trump’s “many sides” comment also the language of white nationalism?

JOHNSON:
It sends a message to the white nationalists that, “Hey, I’ve got your back, I’m gonna deflect the blame from you on to other people.” It doesn’t deter the violence. It actually encourages future violence, by not calling it out for what it was and who instigated it.

PLUM LINE: When Republicans echo the Soros messaging, or when Republicans don’t do enough to call out Trump’s white nationalist dog-whistling, what impact does that have?

JOHNSON:
When no one says, “that’s not how we feel as a political party,” that in a sense endorses it through silence. By not condemning or challenging the rhetoric of the president, you’re in a sense giving him a green light to continue making those statements. That mainstreams the message.
OK my 2cents on trump prison time for traitor trump.oh his supporters are his chumps.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Highly recommended....;)

1718181684991.png

Donald Trump is a Jerk: Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk. Donald Trump is a jerk.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
1718181840118.png

So far not sure about the history behind the GOP, but I do appreciate his absolutist tone LOL. Did laugh about the Dixiecrat racist history and turned it into the modern GOP of, paraphrasing here, 'Sure, we'll take you in.' Referring I think to the Dixiecrats turned Republican.:p

What I was trying to get at earlier was if I had bought this five years ago new, I could imagine a Thank you for buying the Assholes book. Your purchase will unlock other Asshole products, like my Assholes blog.:)

Risk of copyright, but oh hell I like to take chances....;)

His own supporters know this. They celebrate his assholery. They dream of emulating it. They adore him for parading it in public. They aspire someday to be assholes just as huge as Trump,, so that they too may get what they really want in life---benefits without responsibilities, respect without worthiness, selfishness without recriminations.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You can't really write a full-length book on assholes LOL. This isn't scholarly duh, but it does bring up a point I think on the height of Trump's popularity from 2016-20. You wouldn't accuse him of being philosophical or having nuance in his speak, so the conclusion is, beyond policy, it was because he's an asshole. Trump speaks like he's chewing on sand, so it fits they would like him for behaving like an asshole.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
View attachment 67909
So far not sure about the history behind the GOP, but I do appreciate his absolutist tone LOL. Did laugh about the Dixiecrat racist history and turned it into the modern GOP of, paraphrasing here, 'Sure, we'll take you in.' Referring I think to the Dixiecrats turned Republican.:p

What I was trying to get at earlier was if I had bought this five years ago new, I could imagine a Thank you for buying the Assholes book. Your purchase will unlock other Asshole products, like my Assholes blog.:)

Risk of copyright, but oh hell I like to take chances....;)

His own supporters know this. They celebrate his assholery. They dream of emulating it. They adore him for parading it in public. They aspire someday to be assholes just as huge as Trump,, so that they too may get what they really want in life---benefits without responsibilities, respect without worthiness, selfishness without recriminations.
So sad but so true. Unfortunately, a few these people are family and friends.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
See the guy who is wearing a "Make Liberals Cry Again 2020" t-shirt, and he's asked who cried after the election? Long pause.:p There's also a lady with a "Trump's Tweets Matter" t-shirt. Where do these people come from?:)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
And now, the Mayor and others in MKE are all butt hurt about him calling the city 'horrible. If someone can point out the great things and compare them to the bad, good probably isn't going to outweigh the bad. Yesterday alone, 3 dead, 5 wounded, one is 6 years old. In the last two weeks, a 10 and 9 year old were shot dead in their beds, the 6 year old and a 3 year old were shot and injured. So far in 2024, at least 30 under the age of 18 have been shot, according to the MPD.

Used to be that MKE had all kinds of great activities that whole families could enjoy. While they can still enjoy these, it's no longer safe- even during Juneteenth celebrations, people are being shot & killed. During the Bucks championship celebration, I think 16 were shot within a block of the arena in two events- the Police were investigating the first shootings and some a$$hole started shooting half a block away from the cops! Once again, Sherman Park was the scene of shootings- that place may sound familiar because the area was burned and looted after a police-related shooting.

If someone wants to try to make MKE look like a good, safe place, great but as I have posted before, it's up to its arm pits as it circles the drain.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis