GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
A little anecdote.

My wife and I just returned from a vacation in Jamaica. The resort we stayed at had several restaurants and one evening, we found ourselves sitting with two other couples - one from the UK, one from the US. Dinner was progressing very nicely, with pleasant conversation on various topics. Then this happened:

Mr. Britain: (Turns to American couple) "So, what do you think of the Biden/Trump campaigns and what do you expect to happen?"
Me: (To myself) "Uh-oh."
Mrs. America: "Well, Trump is the President. Joe Biden is not who might think he is and America is under military control."
Me: (To myself again) "Dammit, I'm only half-way through my entrée and this is going to be excruciating."
Mr. Britain: (Incredulously) "Really?"
My Wife: (Loudly) "Hasn't the weather here been great?"
Mrs. Britain and Mr. America: (Quietly prod their respective spouses to drop the matter)

We were able to steer the conversation away from this toxic subject and the remainder of the meal passed more pleasantly.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A little anecdote.

My wife and I just returned from a vacation in Jamaica. The resort we stayed at had several restaurants and one evening, we found ourselves sitting with two other couples - one from the UK, one from the US. Dinner was progressing very nicely, with pleasant conversation on various topics. Then this happened:

Mr. Britain: (Turns to American couple) "So, what do you think of the Biden/Trump campaigns and what do you expect to happen?"
Mrs. America: "Well, Trump is the President. Joe Biden is not who might think he is and America is under military control."
Me: (To myself again) "Dammit, I'm only half-way through my entrée and this is going to be excruciating."
Mrs. Britain and Mr. America: (Quietly prod their respective spouses to drop the matter)

We were able to steer the conversation away from this toxic subject and the remainder of the meal passed more pleasantly.
We have a lot of idiots in the US like that....

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
A little anecdote.

I think asking "So, you traveled to a different country to ruin dinner? Can't you do that where you live?" would be valid questions.

highfigh

highfigh

Solitary in prison when no one is around to listen. Like a tree falling in the forest. :D
Solitary confinement is usually imposed when an inmate is violent and can't be controlled. Might be useful to put him on death row even though he didn't kill anyone, to make life miserable for the other inmates who did kill or do something terrible, like offenses against children, groups of people, etc.

Is Gitmo still open?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

You didn't ask about getting him to stop making noise with his gaping maw, just about closing it. :)
I'd like to see him keep it open without teeth or lips touching themselves. Not sure it would last long.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Solitary confinement is usually imposed when an inmate is violent and can't be controlled. Might be useful to put him on death row even though he didn't kill anyone, to make life miserable for the other inmates who did kill or do something terrible, like offenses against children, groups of people, etc.

Is Gitmo still open?
Interesting. There have been people executed, I think, for other crimes without killing anyone but could be wrong; been known to be wrong, from time to time.

Gitmo is still open but has access to news people from time to time and it would be cruel punishment for all the guards.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This is the thinking I can't understand. If he's president, then he's on his second term and can't run again. So they somehow do and don't think he's the current president at the same time? That's straight up doublethink. 1984 wasn't supposed to be a guide book.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
This is the thinking I can't understand. If he's president, then he's on his second term and can't run again. So they somehow do and don't think he's the current president at the same time? That's straight up doublethink. 1984 wasn't supposed to be a guide book.
Let alone blaming Biden/ Obama for inflation, the border crisis, etc etc etc while insisting that Trump is still. president. The mental gymnastics that these people can go through is truly mind boggling. :(

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Requiring ID to vote doesn't make sense nor does not requiring it. Huh? We're well into the 21st century and this issue could be solved with passkeys, blockchain, and other technologies, but this will not happen anytime soon becuase it would put the matter to rest. If politicians talk about requiring IDs, it's because they believe it will benefit them in the near term. If it turns out it doesn't or changes in the future, they'll do an about face and the opposing party will talk about the very thing they originally opposed. This isn't a matter of doing what's right, rather politicians keeping flexibility in the system.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I can only guess that since he was prevented from continuing his "rightful" tenure in office, he is entitled to a mulligan for 2024.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Never forge that question back in 2015-16....

Brian Kilmeade: What's your favorite verse in the Bible?

Trump: All of them! :p

Ex-President Donald Trump is selling Bibles for $60 a copy as he faces massive legal bills amid his campaign to return to the White House.

Trump on his Truth Social platform shared a video of himself clutching the ‘God Bless the USA Bible’ and called it ‘my favorite book’.

The former president said he was ‘proud’ to be partnering with country singer Lee Greenwood on the Bible, which includes the handwritten chorus of his song, ‘God Bless The USA’.

‘Happy Holy Week! Let’s Make America Pray Again,’ wrote Trump on his social media post. ‘As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless The USA Bible.’

In his more than three-minute-long video, Trump added: ‘All Americans need a Bible in their home, and I have many. It’s my favorite book. I’m proud to endorse and encourage you to get this Bible.’

The website for the Bible states it is ‘easy-to-read, large print’ and ‘will be perfect to take to church, a bible study, work, travel, etc.’ They are priced at $59.99 each and the site encourages customers to allow four to six weeks for delivery ‘DUE TO HIGH ORDER VOLUME’.

Trump announced the Bibles for sale a day after a New York appeals court ruled that he can pay a smaller bond amount in his civil fraud case. The court agreed to give Trump 10 more days to pay a $175million bond – reduced from the $646million judgment against him and his family real estate company.

Trump previously posted a $92million bond in the defamation case brought by columnist and sexual assault accuser E Jean Carroll.

The ex-president has launched numerous commercial ventures, including $399 gold high-top sneakers last month, pieces of the suit he wore for his Georgia election interference case mugshot, and $99 digital trading cards.

His latest, the Bible, is a King James Version translation that also includes a copy of the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence and the Pledge of Allegiance.

Regarding if the proceeds from the Bible sales will go toward Trump’s presidential campaign, the site states: ‘No, GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not political and has nothing to do with any political campaign. GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization, CIC Ventures LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates.’

Trump put the Bible on sale the same day that Truth Social stock surged in its trading debut. Trump Media, Truth Social’s parent company, jumped on Nasdaq and reached an estimated market value of nearly $8billion. The ex-president owns about 60% of Trump Media, and his stake in the company translates to roughly $4.6billion.

D

David_Alexander

Enthusiast
A little anecdote.

As a Mr. Britain myself, I'm not sure If I'd have left it at "Really?"

Although, as the unfailingly polite people we Brits are, I'm surprised he even raised the subject of politics in such pleasant society.

He may have been deep in his cups at the time ;)

Then again. My wife's from Manchester. She could have well punched Mrs. America.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Never forge that question back in 2015-16....

Brian Kilmeade: What's your favorite verse in the Bible?

Trump: All of them! :p

Ex-President Donald Trump is selling Bibles for $60 a copy as he faces massive legal bills amid his campaign to return to the White House.

Trump on his Truth Social platform shared a video of himself clutching the ‘God Bless the USA Bible’ and called it ‘my favorite book’.

The former president said he was ‘proud’ to be partnering with country singer Lee Greenwood on the Bible, which includes the handwritten chorus of his song, ‘God Bless The USA’.

‘Happy Holy Week! Let’s Make America Pray Again,’ wrote Trump on his social media post. ‘As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless The USA Bible.’

In his more than three-minute-long video, Trump added: ‘All Americans need a Bible in their home, and I have many. It’s my favorite book. I’m proud to endorse and encourage you to get this Bible.’

The website for the Bible states it is ‘easy-to-read, large print’ and ‘will be perfect to take to church, a bible study, work, travel, etc.’ They are priced at $59.99 each and the site encourages customers to allow four to six weeks for delivery ‘DUE TO HIGH ORDER VOLUME’.

Trump announced the Bibles for sale a day after a New York appeals court ruled that he can pay a smaller bond amount in his civil fraud case. The court agreed to give Trump 10 more days to pay a $175million bond – reduced from the $646million judgment against him and his family real estate company.

Trump previously posted a $92million bond in the defamation case brought by columnist and sexual assault accuser E Jean Carroll.

The ex-president has launched numerous commercial ventures, including $399 gold high-top sneakers last month, pieces of the suit he wore for his Georgia election interference case mugshot, and $99 digital trading cards.

His latest, the Bible, is a King James Version translation that also includes a copy of the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence and the Pledge of Allegiance.

Regarding if the proceeds from the Bible sales will go toward Trump’s presidential campaign, the site states: ‘No, GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not political and has nothing to do with any political campaign. GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization, CIC Ventures LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates.’

Trump put the Bible on sale the same day that Truth Social stock surged in its trading debut. Trump Media, Truth Social’s parent company, jumped on Nasdaq and reached an estimated market value of nearly $8billion. The ex-president owns about 60% of Trump Media, and his stake in the company translates to roughly $4.6billion.
I don't doubt it will be his favorite book if he makes enough money off it.

In Trump's defense (sarcasm alert), I don't think he's asserted that he actually read the bible (or the Constitution, or the Bill of Rights, or the Declaration of Independence, or the Pledge of Allegiance). His affection may be based on blissful ignorance.

It will be interesting to see if we reach "peak Trump" at some point, at which even his followers lose interest in all the Trump merch.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
As a Mr. Britain myself, I'm not sure If I'd have left it at "Really?"

Although, as the unfailingly polite people we Brits are, I'm surprised he even raised the subject of politics in such pleasant society.

He may have been deep in his cups at the time ;)

Then again. My wife's from Manchester. She could have well punched Mrs. America.
Well, I could see his missus from across the table leaning over and speaking quietly to him. He didn't pursue the subject after that. They were from Reading. And no, he wasn't in his cups.

jinjuku

jinjuku

There are people who cannot participate in the activities you mentioned, because they can't get ID. There are countless other activities requiring ID, as well. The difference is that the vast majority of those activities are not constitutional rights.
You miss the point and avoiding the question: Is it systemically racist? Is the car rental business developing policy and procedure to deny a protected class? Because if they are then it's a civil rights violation.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I gave up taking @jinjuku seriously on the issue when he posted a FOX bit, giving anecdotal statements on how easy it is for anyone to get ID. So, I don't respond to anything he has to say on the matter, as it's not worth my time.
But I posted our own Federal Board of Elections paper on this... You are lying by omission.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I don't doubt it will be his favorite book if he makes enough money off it.

In Trump's defense (sarcasm alert), I don't think he's asserted that he actually read the bible (or the Constitution, or the Bill of Rights, or the Declaration of Independence, or the Pledge of Allegiance). His affection may be based on blissful ignorance.

It will be interesting to see if we reach "peak Trump" at some point, at which even his followers lose interest in all the Trump merch.
..... and I have many. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis