D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I liked the guy years back who said he knows Trump isn't a saint. He delivers what we want. That's better than the brain deads who think he's some sort of religious figure.

Atkins, no stranger to Republican presidential politics, cited Trump’s creation of a White House Faith and Opportunity Initiative as one reason to back him. Appointing Supreme Court justices who overturned a constitutional protection for abortion was another.

----------

And questions about Trump’s character no longer matter.

"The politics of character in American evangelicalism is over," Fea said. "It's all policy-driven."

jinjuku

jinjuku

I remember that thread as where me and @GO-NAD! posted a number of links to articles and studies of voter suppression where onerous I.D. requirements is part of that. And you come across as a dude with a lack of reading comprehension and critical thinking.
And I quoted other credible (including the Fed Board of Elections) sources that contradict what you posted.

So it's your duplicitous and misleading statements and not reading comprehension that's the real problem. Even the CATO institute, backed by MIT and Harvard data prove the lie you want to push.

So we are at 'you believe your liars and I'll believe mine'. But all that is besides the point because you refuse to answer ONE SIMPLE QUESTION:

Government benefits (welfare, disability, ssi), Air travel, Alcohol/Tobacco, Firearms, Car Rental, some OTC medications, Leases, Tattoo's, all involve ID requirements. I've asked this across several threads now and you and your sycophant won't answer a simple question: Are the above also a racial suppression campaign?

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
You pretty much need a Government ID to legally drive, fly on a commercial airline, and buy a gun. And many other things. I'm an independent and I don't for the life of me understand why Dems oppose this. Just gives the hard right more ammunition to attack the left.

jinjuku

jinjuku

You pretty much need a Government ID to legally drive, fly on a commercial airline, and buy a gun. And many other things. I'm an independent and I don't for the life of me understand why Dems oppose this. Just gives the hard right more ammunition to attack the left.
Typical, went too far left, thinking:

ID to fly: Not racist
ID to drive: Not racist
ID to get a hotel room: Not racist
ID to get a Tattoo: Not racist
ID to get a Rental Car: Not racist
ID to get a Bank Account: Not racist
ID to get any form of Government Assistance: Not racist
ID to get smokes: Not racist
ID to get Alcohol: Not racist
ID to get certain over the counter Medications: Not racist
ID to get a loan: Not racist
ID to vote: Racist

And then when you ask a simple question about why all the other examples aren't racist/suppressive you can't get an answer. There's a reason @Trell and @GO-NAD! have yet to still provide any response.

And it's not like I'm even debating the point from pure conjecture. CATO Institute, Federal Board of Elections, etc have studies and data that argue ID requirement is suppression lie. I've read both sides and I'll stick with the fact that so many other things require an ID.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL what's better, Don Poorleone or Broke Don?

This is a great little anecdote

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
" It's Monday...
You slither down the greasy pipe
So far so good, no one saw you
Hobble over any freeway....

You will be like your dreeeaaammms tonight !! "

David Bowie "Joe The Lion" 1977

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja

And then when you ask a simple question about why all the other examples aren't racist/suppressive you can't get an answer. There's a reason @Trell and @GO-NAD! have yet to still provide any response.

And it's not like I'm even debating the point from pure conjecture. CATO Institute, Federal Board of Elections, etc have studies and data that argue ID requirement is suppression lie. I've read both sides and I'll stick with the fact that so many other things require an ID.
Agreed with all your points. It seems to me that the extremists have taken over both parties. And the farther left the Dems push their agenda the more they push voters to the right which is Trump and the MAGA far right. And the more the GOP embraces MAGA, the more they lose moderate Republicans. We are not in a good place right now.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

'Trell the Troll' gave you a dumb marker, wear that with a badge of honor !

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

I don’t know anything about ID’s vs voter suppression, but I’d be curious to see reports.
What I do know, is that there’s no way anyone should be able to vote without an ID. Period.
If you don’t have papers to legally be here, you should be deported. Period. Shipping illegals to sanctuary cities is pure insanity, and has been a complete mess.

jinjuku

jinjuku

If that’s true, I can’t imagine why they’d want that.
If you are a city on the southern border dealing with a heavy influx of illegal immigrants because you have cities north of you broadcasting "Sanctuary Status" and that means a place to stay and that local law enforcement won't cooperate with ICE and other Federal immigration enforcement agencies.

Then I think a 'taste of their own medicine' is what what the southern states/cities are trying to get across.

When you say a complete mess I would think you are talking about the $4 billion a year NYC is spending?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
If you are a city on the southern border dealing with a heavy influx of illegal immigrants because you have cities north of you broadcasting "Sanctuary Status" and that means a place to stay and that local law enforcement won't cooperate with ICE and other Federal immigration enforcement agencies.

Then I think a 'taste of their own medicine' is what what the southern states/cities are trying to get across.

When you say a complete mess I would think you are talking about the $4 billion a year NYC is spending?
Yeah, the mess was referring to the spending. And the fact that resources are being applied to the illegals that should be made available to you know, actual citizens. I love that Texas is taking it into their own hands. It really sucks though that they have to.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
There are people who cannot participate in the activities you mentioned, because they can't get ID. There are countless other activities requiring ID, as well. The difference is that the vast majority of those activities are not constitutional rights.
I don’t know anything about ID’s vs voter suppression, but I’d be curious to see reports.
What I do know, is that there’s no way anyone should be able to vote without an ID. Period.
If you don’t have papers to legally be here, you should be deported. Period. Shipping illegals to sanctuary cities is pure insanity, and has been a complete mess.
Google is your friend. There is empirical data to support the assertion that restrictive voter ID laws amount to voter suppression. I've posted links before and I don't feel obligated to do it again. I gave up taking @jinjuku seriously on the issue when he posted a FOX bit, giving anecdotal statements on how easy it is for anyone to get ID. So, I don't respond to anything he has to say on the matter, as it's not worth my time.

Do/can voter ID laws swing election results? Debatable. Even if they don't, it's not an excuse to deny a citizen's right to vote.

Why not a vouching system? While having an acceptable form of ID is preferable and easier for casting a vote, in Canada, it isn't absolutely necessary.

ID to Vote – Elections Canada

If you don't have ID
You can still vote if you declare your identity and address in writing and have someone who knows you and who is assigned to your polling station vouch for you.

The voucher must be able to prove their identity and address. A person can vouch for only one person (except in long-term care institutions).
Where would you have them deported to, without proof of where they came from? And, there are plenty of people born and raised in the US (and every other country for that matter) who don't have proof of citizenship. What should be done about them?

Illegal migrants are a separate matter. And yes, it's a complete mess.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis