Trell

Trell

Audioholic Ninja
That's funny. I don't feel obligated to prove or disprove your accusation. But, if I ever develop the sense that we're being oppressed, I'll let you know.
He just meant that you, as a Canadian, suffer from the false consciousness syndrome (link to britannica.com :p) and the best remedy for this is for you to experience some cognitive dissonance by googling for links to prove his well-meaning vague claims and figure out what he meant. It's all for your benefit, really!

This only applies if you dare to suggest, as a foreigner, that there are room for improvements in USA.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
He just meant that you, as a Canadian, suffer from the false consciousness syndrome (link to britannica.com :p) and the best remedy for this is for you to experience some cognitive dissonance by googling for links to prove his well-meaning vague claims and figure out what he meant. It's all for your benefit, really!

This only applies if you dare to suggest, as a foreigner, that there are room for improvements in USA.
My initial comment wasn't even directed at the US. And, make no mistake, no country is a utopia and Canada has it's warts. I'm not a fan of Trudeau because I think he's made some bonehead moves, in the area of ethics. But overall, his government hasn't done too badly. And, the Conservative Party is probably going to choose a populist wanker (Pierre Poilievre) for its next leader, leaving me little choice but to support the current government.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Ninja
My initial comment wasn't even directed at the US. And, make no mistake, no country is a utopia and Canada has it's warts. I'm not a fan of Trudeau because I think he's made some bonehead moves, in the area of ethics. But overall, his government hasn't done too badly. And, the Conservative Party is probably going to choose a populist wanker (Pierre Poilievre) for its next leader, leaving me little choice but to support the current government.
Certainly, every country has areas for improvement, and no sensible member here thinks that you meant otherwise.

Then we have others that responds to your comment with "You've a problem in your country" and answer the follow-up question "What?" with "Google it". It's enough that it's perceived as directed towards US and not aligned with their political prejudices to have that particular "You're not American" card put on the table (never mind the geological implications here).

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Samurai
The Wall strikes me as sensible given we can't just let immigration run rampant without at least a background check. Trump's "They're rapists" or wanting to ban an entire Muslim country.....I'm thinking the wall is also an example of his xenophobia. Not distancing himself with Charlottesville, the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers. Pretty seedy guy.

highfigh

highfigh

Audioholic Slumlord
Now why do you need to be mean to assholes.
I have said, for a long time, that there are more assholes in the world than people. Social media has been a breeding ground for them, too- FB, Instagram, Twitter and now TikTok.....it would be good if we could go back and prevent those from existing.

"Assholes are people, too"? :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis