Status
Not open for further replies.
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Using my cheap, Monoprice speaker wire with the cheap Monoprice banana plugs, I noticed sibilance in the "esses" on Adele's 25 album. I changed to the Blue Jeans Cable locking banana plugs and put cool looking TechFlex sheathing on the Monoprice #2817 12 ga, CL2 wire.

The sibilance was gone. Of course that's because I was now listening to Melody Gardot and it's a better quality recording. There is just too much variation in recording, source, amplification and other components for me to notice a difference in speaker wire. Of note, I refuse to listen to the same music over and over again just to be able to detect such a teeny tiny difference between my $27.50 cable and the $512 Nordost that I'd tested. If it works for you, thank you for helping boost the Massachusetts manufacturing base. :)

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Low end is what you make it...........What do you mean by directional......
So in other words you have no idea how wires work? You think the retail price determines qualities?

You used the phrase directional in regards to some coax cable you had used....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Why is that?
Directional 75 Ohm cable??? Really???

Cable causing sibilance? Do you know what that takes to have? Like intelligent frequency alteration in the speech band. From a cable???
Laughable!!!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

This idiotic thread is already 10 times longer than it should have. The whole premise of the thread is idiotic.

As the great G.K. Chesterton said: - "If you argue with an idiot, you will get the worst of it."

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Anyone ever check out cables and power cords for hospital equipmet? How about for electronics lab measuring instrumentation?

It's all run of the mill cable and cords! Perhaps a bit more ROBUST CONSTRUCTION than the average consumer level, but there is no special fairy dust in these applications!

Common sense will tell you that if there were ANY possibility of a particular cable improving upon the minimum requirements of a cable, then the most critical applications like medical gear and electronics instrumentation would have the best possible cables and those would be standardized across those fields!

But wait, common sense and science apparently don't apply in the audio field!

Blue Jeans Cable = Broadcast quality cables. What more could you possibly ask for from a cable?

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
This idiotic thread is already 10 times longer than it should have. The whole premise of the thread is idiotic.

As the great G.K. Chesterton said: - "If you argue with an idiot, you will get the worst of it."
Really,
I don't see an argument here. What I see is a bunch of followers who do just that.... follow.
If I wrote you should jump off a bridge you would if you read it on the forums.......

I have every right to express my opinion here. If you don't agree, fine. then move on.

but you can't, can you.......

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Anyone ever check out cables and power cords for hospital equipmet? How about for electronics lab measuring instrumentation?

It's all run of the mill cable and cords! Perhaps a bit more ROBUST CONSTRUCTION than the average consumer level, but there is no special fairy dust in these applications!

Common sense will tell you that if there were ANY possibility of a particular cable improving upon the minimum requirements of a cable, then the most critical applications like medical gear and electronics instrumentation would have the best possible cables and those would be standardized across those fields!

But wait, common sense and science apparently don't apply in the audio field!

Blue Jeans Cable = Broadcast quality cables. What more could you possibly ask for from a cable?
Yes. I quote for health care quite often. It's not just hospital grade but dedicated circuits and dedicated grounds as well.

Common sense tells me that there is a minimum specification for hospitals that states copper and not aluminum. Nothing about silver.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Directional 75 Ohm cable??? Really???

Cable causing sibilance? Do you know what that takes to have? Like intelligent frequency alteration in the speech band. From a cable???
Laughable!!!
Really. Prove me wrong.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
So in other words you have no idea how wires work? You think the retail price determines qualities?

You used the phrase directional in regards to some coax cable you had used....
I do know how wire works. It's my job. Price is not a factor. Sound quality is.
I believe the dialectic effect is real.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I do know how wire works. It's my job. Price is not a factor. Sound quality is.
I believe the dialectic effect is real.
Isn't that where your kidneys don't work and you have to get hooked up to a machine?

Anyway, enjoy your snake oil.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Isn't that where your kidneys don't work and you have to get hooked up to a machine?

Anyway, enjoy your snake oil.
I will and am. Thanks.
Just out of curiosity, why do you think it's snake oil?
Because someone told you? or have you tested any cables?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I will and am. Thanks.
Just out of curiosity, why do you think it's snake oil?
Because someone told you? or have you tested any cables?
And how did you test your cables? Your ears did, right? Wonderful.
Then show me where the cable causes sibilance. Where is the frequency graph for it, not your imagined effect.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
And how did you test your cables? Your ears did, right? Wonderful.
Then show me where the cable causes sibilance. Where is the frequency graph for it, not your imagined effect.
A long story short.
Blind test with the wife.
She doesn't know a $2 dollar cable from a $200 dollar cable but she heard a difference and the difference was the sibalance. Not me.............but I agree with her.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

A long story short.
Blind test with the wife.
She doesn't know a $2 dollar cable from a $200 dollar cable but she heard a difference and the difference was the sibalance. Not me.............but I agree with her.
Really:eek:

bigus

bigus

Audioholic

Yes. Really.
But she liked the Chord Cadenza more than Nordost Red Dawn or White lightning.
I can't blame her. the Cadenza is an excellent cable.
I prefer Nordost. That's what stays. Says me........

But she did hear a difference.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Yes. Really.
But she liked the Chord Cadenza more than Nordost Red Dawn or White lightning.
I can't blame her. the Cadenza is an excellent cable.
I prefer Nordost. That's what stays. Says me........

But she did hear a difference.
Here is the link to sibilance frequency:

http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm

Right below that piano keyboard, 4 kHz-10 kHz. A frequency response test of the cable should easily show this happening.
Who knows what she heard, anecdote; testing quality in serious doubt. But, not really important unless one is after the facts.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I'm not sure what this proves?
He is pointing out that sibilance is an over emphasis of frequencies in the 4 KHz to 8 KHz range. That is the octave were sibilance occurs.

For a cable to reduce sibilance it would have to attenuate that octave.

So you or your wife listening to cables cuts no ice with us. You need to show us on a scope and frequency response tests that there is a difference. If there really was a difference it would be easy to measure.

The problem is that audiophhools like you say the difference they hear can not be measured. That is where like you they become lunatic time wasters.

We have had persistent twerps like you before, but we chase them all off in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis