No thoughts and prayers today?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't recall seeing many of these reported by the media, do you?
Not there. Where are the other mass shooters though, like the Las Vegas shooter, the Connecticut school shooter, the high school shooter, Columbine shooter and on it goes?

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Prayer for eradication of white supremacy groups, assault weapons? For strict gun controls, training and certification and less racism? Okay.
How bout ALL supremacy groups? Why act as if there is just one? If you think we should eradicate one hate group over another, then you are a bit misguided.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

When people can't say what they believe because they'll be called racist, misogynist, etc when they don't actually believe the ideas that would make them racist, misogynist, etc, speech isn't free.
Yes and it is still free speech in both direction.

ps. one can always sue for defamation.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How bout ALL supremacy groups? Why act as if there is just one? If you think we should eradicate one hate group over another, then you are a bit misguided.
Just addressing our top problem in that regard. With ya on that otherwise.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Do you actually have any practical gun-reform laws to propose or are you a right wing extremist who puts all blame anywhere but on gun owners?

Driving a car requires a written test, typically an on-road test, the vehicle is regularly inspected and checked for safety, and a license must be carried at all times. Despite this, these vehicles are driven by idiots all the time and without a license.

Difference: Vehicles aren't specifically made for the purpose of killing other human beings, yet have MUCH higher requirements for usage than guns do.

Having responsible gun laws which require those who own them to show ownership, require responsibility, and demand proficiency is hardly too much to ask considering that a owner who doesn't posses that skill is more likely to be the victim than a hero.
The cult will never understand logic. Wasting your breath with people like this.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Do you actually have any practical gun-reform laws to propose or are you a right wing extremist who puts all blame anywhere but on gun owners?

Driving a car requires a written test, typically an on-road test, the vehicle is regularly inspected and checked for safety, and a license must be carried at all times. Despite this, these vehicles are driven by idiots all the time and without a license.

Difference: Vehicles aren't specifically made for the purpose of killing other human beings, yet have MUCH higher requirements for usage than guns do.

Having responsible gun laws which require those who own them to show ownership, require responsibility, and demand proficiency is hardly too much to ask considering that a owner who doesn't posses that skill is more likely to be the victim than a hero.
Car owner's must have insurance as well as a license to drive. Cars & trucks are registered too. Guns owners are required to have none of those.

The AAA doesn't have quite the same Congressional lobby budget that the NRA has.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
I see the flypaper effect in action, the usual suspects just can't seem to help themselves.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Car owner's must have insurance as well as a license to drive. Cars & trucks are registered too. Guns owners are required to have none of those.

The AAA doesn't have quite the same Congressional lobby budget that the NRA has.
I feel the car comparison is too far stretched. Easy to say must be registered insured licensed but there are those that choose not to do one or more of those....back to the drawing board...

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, vet the hell out of proposed legal gun owners going into mental health, school records and even checking their social media profiles.
...but liberals will scream that's an invasion of their privacy.

Dunno about where you are but before you can buy a gun here you have to go through classes. Likewise, some will always find ways to circumvent those rules. What do you suggest to remedy that?

No, Guns for killing is just one of their uses, just like one can bash someone's skull out with a hammer if one chooses to use them as such. Actually, they come in very handy for hunting animals, and self protection

I don't disagree with that. Here, guns are legally required to be registered. Where are you that they aren't?

I likes Rickster's post. Re-read that.

highfigh

highfigh

I feel the car comparison is too far stretched. Easy to say must be registered insured licensed but there are those that choose not to do one or more of those....back to the drawing board...
But the reason drivers are required to pass a test and be licensed & insured is for public safety. It's certainly not intended to be a way for the government to show how efficient they can be.

highfigh

highfigh

Yeah, vet the hell out of proposed legal gun owners going into mental health, school records and even checking their social media profiles.
...but liberals will scream that's an invasion of their privacy.

Dunno about where you are but before you can buy a gun here you have to go through classes. Likewise, some will always find ways to circumvent those rules. What do you suggest to remedy that?

No, Guns for killing is just one of their uses, just like one can bash someone's skull out with a hammer if one chooses to use them as such. Actually, they come in very handy for hunting animals, and self protection

I don't disagree with that. Here, guns are legally required to be registered. Where are you that they aren't?
HIPAA won't allow what you propose in your first comment.

You need to go through classes just to buy a gun? Where is this?

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
But the reason drivers are required to pass a test and be licensed & insured is for public safety. It's certainly not intended to be a way for the government to show how efficient they can be.
I agree 100% but there are still those that do not follow the laws. How many registered vs non registered guns were used in crimes in the past 5yrs? How many of those individuals were trained on gun safety?

highfigh

highfigh

I agree 100% but there are still those that do not follow the laws. How many registered vs non registered guns were used in crimes in the past 5yrs? How many of those individuals were trained on gun safety?
You just reinforced the point I make constantly- people WILL NOT obey the laws we already have.

The answers to your questions:

Most were't registered
Very few were trained

What's your definition of 'registered'?

highfigh

highfigh

And that.s a part ofthge problem. You really don't see thgat?

Texas, and maybe other sates as well
I absolutely think that's part of the problem- I think I mentioned it in at least one of my other posts but the stigma surrounding mental illness is so strong that nobody wants anyone to know.

I didn't know classes were required, especially in Texas. I know a class is mandatory in most states for concealed carry, but not to buy. Many states have reciprocity WRT concealed carry permits, but not all- that makes it possible to get a permit in one state and be legal in many more.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
So a guy makes a list of people he wants to rape and people he wants to kill, and the problem is the gun?
Another guy drives 600 miles to kill Mexicans, and the problem is the gun?
Never cease to be amazed how far some people will go to avoid personal responsibility. Tell me, is it possible for a vile act to actually be the fault of the person who commits it? (To avoid all the predicable, "Sure, it's Trumps fault", answers... let me rephrase.) Is it possible for a vile act by a democrat to actually be the fault of the person who commits it?

highfigh

highfigh

So a guy makes a list of people he wants to rape and people he wants to kill, and the problem is the gun?
Another guy drives 600 miles to kill Mexicans, and the problem is the gun?
Never cease to be amazed how far some people will go to avoid personal responsibility. Tell me, is it possible for a vile act to actually be the fault of the person who commits it? (To avoid all the predicable, "Sure, it's Trumps fault", answers... let me rephrase.) Is it possible for a vile act by a democrat to actually be the fault of the person who commits it?
Exactly!

However, if you were to ask one, they'll say Democrats don't commit vile acts.:)

Blaming the thing is illogical and politicians who state the truth lose votes. Whose fault is it that so many kids go on to lead a life of crime? Sure isn't the parents fault, right? When was the last time a politician told a group of people that their kids probably suck because of bad parenting?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I see the flypaper effect in action, the usual suspects just can't seem to help themselves.
Flypaper is not so environmentally friendly and wastes otherwise excellent proteins that could be put to better use. Below is an eco-friendly alternative that is also nature's solution to use the infinite and free resource of "zombie flies" that can be eaten again, again, again and so forth. This is truly a "perpetuum mobile", and I'm not talking about music, however sweet that sounds! In reality this is a Squadish Green Conspiracy about some sinister deal that the Ignoramus Priapism deeply fear, quite understandably looking at the evidence!

venus_flytrap_with_fly.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis