No thoughts and prayers today?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
No surprise that gun control wasn't addressed by the President, who sounded like a resentful 5th grader reading his report about photosynthesis that his mom wrote or the politicians, instead blaming the internet, video games, mental health of the shooters, etc.

I'm surprised they didn't throw Mary Poppins under the bus.

Another non-surprise is how smart our former presidents and politicians become after they retire from the playing fields of our lives.
EBOm6wlWwActjM_.jpg large.jpg

While in office though they're morons. It must be the drinking water in Washington, DC. It's not their fault, god forbid.

As we all say, same $hit, different day.

Last edited:
H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Unfortunately one is a privilege the other is a right per the constitution although even Scalia stated it can be regulated.
So is freedom of speech. However, that's surprisingly well regulated and controled.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
No surprise that gun control wasn't addressed by the President, who sounded like a resentful 5th grader reading his report about photosynthesis that his mom wrote or the politicians, instead blaming the internet, video games, mental health of the shooters, etc.

Another non-surprise is how smart our former presidents and politicians become after they retire from the playing fields of our lives.
View attachment 30433

While in office though they're morons. It must be the drinking water in Washington, DC. It's not their fault, god forbid.

His comment about public officials is especially topical, since he didn't do anything as POTUS about this.

I would like to know why so many speak about slavery as if it originated here- it was here before Caucasians came and it still exists in some parts of the world. The US wasn't the last country to outlaw it, either.

In 1981, Mauritania became the last country in the world to abolish slavery, when a presidential decree abolished the practice. However, no criminal laws were passed to enforce the ban. Ironic that an African nation would be the last, eh?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
The killings of the past week havent

White christians huh? Its almost as if youre reading from an msnbc teleprompter.....
Morals have slipped all around, theres no arguing that, even among alot of church going people.
As I said earlier this country and people need more prayer.
I don't recall seeing many of these reported by the media, do you?

mass shooters not white.jpg

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So is freedom of speech. However, that's surprisingly well regulated and controled.
When people can't say what they believe because they'll be called racist, misogynist, etc when they don't actually believe the ideas that would make them racist, misogynist, etc, speech isn't free.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Trump, who said nonwhite lawmakers should “go back” to other countries, ....” - That's not what he said and you know it! He never said anything about 'non-white', he mentioned four specific people because of their views and what they have said. They happen to be non-white, but you might want to read their comments.
Trump did not explicitly say/write "nonwhite", but it was very clear what he meant was that all those Minnesotans should go back to their sh*ithole and crime infested failed state of Norway.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I don't recall seeing many of these reported by the media, do you?
I can easily recall some of them. They all had two things in common, they lived in the USA and had easy access to lethal firearms.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
View attachment 30433
At least Obama tried to do something, but was thwarted by the GOP.
https://www.businessinsider.com/why-obama-faced-relentless-opposition-gun-reform-after-sandy-hook-2019-8

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
When people can't say what they believe because they'll be called racist, misogynist, etc when they don't actually believe the ideas that would make them racist, misogynist, etc, speech isn't free.
I would agree that there's a chill on honest discourse for fear of being labelled. I think it's because there is no room for nuance or context. Racism, misogyny, homophobia, etc, seem to have become binary concepts - you is or you ain't - with no room in between. "You didn't say something that could be considered racist - you are a racist." Case closed. It can certainly put a damper on discussion attempting to find common ground.

That said, free speech certainly exists, it just isn't free of consequences.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
His comment about public officials is especially topical, since he didn't do anything as POTUS about this.

I would like to know why so many speak about slavery as if it originated here- it was here before Caucasians came and it still exists in some parts of the world. The US wasn't the last country to outlaw it, either.

In 1981, Mauritania became the last country in the world to abolish slavery, when a presidential decree abolished the practice. However, no criminal laws were passed to enforce the ban. Ironic that an African nation would be the last, eh?
There are also people who believe that the Earth is flat, 6 000 years old and that the theory evolution along with climate change is a hoax. Some people even believe Trump when he says when don't have a racist bone in his body.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
And I remember "some people" took out four four airliners, 3,000 people, two tall buildings and part of the pentagon with a few box cutters. Your point is?
Don't try and divert the conversation. The subject is the widespread availability of guns and the resulting lethal consequences.

The door to high jacking airliners has been largely closed, but thanks to the NRA and it's lobby fund recipients in Congress, the door to getting guns legally is wide open. I guess we're lucky we don't have a National Box Cutter Association or the International Airline High Jack Society.

Guns remain the lethal weapon of choice for terrorists, both domestic and foreign.

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Agreed but I thought he could of been more forceful in his use of the presidents "bully pulpit" with the nation, which clearly over and over again has asked for meaningful gun control, instead of this miniscule incremental bull$hit we get after each tragedy.

Oh BTW, F#%*!!! Mitch McConnell.

From all visible appearances and actions, he doesn't seem to have an ethical bone in his body. Machiavelli was a piker compared to this guy.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Since music informs my life views, I'd like to dedicate this song to all our representatives.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Don't try and divert the conversation. The subject is the widespread availability of guns and the resulting lethal consequences.

The door to high jacking airliners has been largely closed, but thanks to the NRA and it's lobby fund recipients in Congress, the door to getting guns legally is wide open. I guess were lucky we don't have a National Box Cutter Association or the International Airline High Jack Society.

Guns remain the lethal weapon of choice for terrorists, both domestic and foreign.
Well, by that token, vehicles should be outlawed as well. But, I don't see anyone railing against the AAA, do you?

https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/world/vehicles-as-weapons/index.html

I think the incident in Nice, France with 1 casualties holds the record, but I think you get my drift. People are creative enough to weaponize anything and denying innocent people the use of those things is futile ...and stupid. The bad guys WILL find a way and, considering the few and, frankly, I'm not too keen on giving up my right for self protection, particularly with all the violence emanating from the left lately. Look at how many conservatives are being attacked simply for wearing a firiggin' hat.

And' let's ask Steve Scalise how he feels about this violence all eminating from the right.

https://variety.com/2017/biz/news/steve-scalise-shot-house-leader-injured-baseball-practice-1202465709/
ls.

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Well, by that token, vehicles should be outlawed as well. But, I don't see anyone railing against the AAA, do you?
Do you actually have any practical gun-reform laws to propose or are you a right wing extremist who puts all blame anywhere but on gun owners?

Driving a car requires a written test, typically an on-road test, the vehicle is regularly inspected and checked for safety, and a license must be carried at all times. Despite this, these vehicles are driven by idiots all the time and without a license.

Difference: Vehicles aren't specifically made for the purpose of killing other human beings, yet have MUCH higher requirements for usage than guns do.

Having responsible gun laws which require those who own them to show ownership, require responsibility, and demand proficiency is hardly too much to ask considering that a owner who doesn't posses that skill is more likely to be the victim than a hero.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Responsible gun laws will not stop shootings. Heres 'your' law, it already exists, it's illegal and highly frowned upon to shoot someone. Creating more or adapting gun laws will not stop shootings as those "shooters" are already breaking a law, a much larger and 'publishable' law than obtaining an illegal firearm. I'm all for higher background checks, but not in a generalized hope or thought that they would even begin to solve the problem. Responsible? Responsible for whom? Definitely not the crazed shooters that's for sure.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis