No thoughts and prayers today?

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I think thing become difficult when anecdotal information is seen as the norm for groups of people.

If we were honest, most people in America have very little interaction with people that are different from themselves. Sadly, most Americans are experts at what ails America based limited information from their particular biased medium of choice.

Based on mainstream media coverage how would you describe any of the following:

Police
Politicians
White men
Black men
Women
Blacks
Latino’s
Asian’s
Millennials
Teens

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I think thing become difficult when anecdotal information is seen as the norm for groups of people.

If we were honest, most people in America have very little interaction with people that are different from themselves. Sadly, most Americans are experts at what ails America based limited information from their particular biased medium of choice.

Based on mainstream media coverage how would you describe any of the following:

Police
Politicians
White men
Black men
Women
Blacks
Latino’s
Asian’s
Millennials
Teens
None of these are inherently bad, although Congress' 17% approval rating says a lot. I think the media has a lot to answer for- they sensationalize every damn thing that doesn't need to be sensationalized and we have been de-sensitized to it. Where we used to be shocked to the core by an event that seems minor now, we just watch and listen, then move on after being saddened/pissed off/outraged and move on- it doesn't hit us as hard as it did in the past (some, obviously being affected more than others). People with weapons sometimes find reasons to do stupid things only because they saw it in the news and want their 15 minutes of fame, feel slighted by society or need attention. The guy yesterday- if he was OK shooting a cop for pulling him over, and he was known to the Police, was it because he didn't want to go back to prison? Was it his version of 'Death By Cop'?

I wasn't raised to hate people for reasons that would be considered 'personal bias' but I have a strong dislike for anyone who victimizes others, regardless of how they look or where they came from.

Did you leave others out of your list for any particular reason, other than trying to keep it from being impossibly long?

Last edited:
S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Because we can all agree that Christians never murder anyone....right?
Having a moral compass is a sense for good and evil and what's right and wrong. This sense is amplified by God's Word, "Thy Shall Not Kill". There are among us today people who do not submit to God's authority. These people do not value life or the consequence for taking a life. Their disobedience and rejection of God causes mental anguish and anger which Satan exploits. What we see now is a largely Godless society, which is devolving rapidly. This makes me think we are indeed at the end of times.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
None of these are inherently bad, although Congress' 17% approval rating says a lot. I think the media has a lot to answer for- they sensationalize every damn thing that doesn't need to be sensationalized and we have been de-sensitized to it. Where we used to be shocked to the core by an event that seems minor now, we just watch and listen, then move on after being saddened/pissed off/outraged and move on- it doesn't hit us as hard as it did in the past (some, obviously being affected more than others). People with weapons sometimes find reasons to do stupid things only because they saw it in the news and want their 15 minutes of fame, feel slighted by society or need attention. The guy yesterday- if he was OK shooting a cop for pulling him over, and he was known to the Police, was it because he didn't want to go back to prison? Was it his version of 'Death By Cop'?

I wasn't raised to hate people for reasons that would be considered 'personal bias' but I have a strong dislike for anyone who victimizes others, regardless of how they look or where they came from.

Did you leave others out of your list for any particular reason, other than trying to keep it from being impossibly long?
You are right, and there certainly are more groups I could/should have added to the list. But it was early.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Having a moral compass is a sense for good and evil and what's right and wrong. This sense is amplified by God's Word, "Thy Shall Not Kill". There are among us today people who do not submit to God's authority. These people do not value life or the consequence for taking a life. Their disobedience and rejection of God causes mental anguish and anger which Satan exploits. What we see now is a largely Godless society, which is devolving rapidly. This makes me think we are indeed at the end of times.
There are those of every generation that think end times are coming.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I think I'll gonna die some time and that really, really will be the end times. In the mean time I'll try to pollute and exploit the environment as much as I can to increase my wealth and to make sure that the end times is for everybody else as well. We all know the guy with the most money at death wins!

Best regards,
David Koch

Note to lawyer: Release when appropriate and make sure my estate gets some hefty tax deductions.

PS: God did not give me 72 prenubile virgins, and I'm so disappointed as I thought I did His work.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
51 people have died in multiple killings (3 or more) in August alone. Make that 57 now with 6 more dying in Odessa/Midland, TX from yesterdays spree.

There's a report out there that one of the victms is a 17 month old child, who was shot in the face.

Last edited:
Mid-Fi

Mid-Fi

Audioholic Intern
It's the Second Amendment...not the "51st Amendment". The Second. It's part of the Bill of Rights.
It comes right after Freedom of Speech and assembly.
The language is quite clear...."the right to bear arms shall not be infringed".
Don't bother contextualizing that, it's quite clear and all the courts see it that way too.
The problem isn't guns...the problem is mental illness.
99.999% of all legal gun owners will never shoot anyone. Our rights shouldn't be impacted because there are mentally unstable wingnuts out there.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Well, it is coming. ;)
I think the sun used up half its life cycle already. :D
And, perhaps there is a deep space object yet undiscovered heading to our planet.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It's the Second Amendment...not the "51st Amendment". The Second. It's part of the Bill of Rights.
It comes right after Freedom of Speech and assembly.
Don't bother contextualizing that, it's quite clear and all the courts see it that way too.
The problem isn't guns...the problem is mental illness.
99.999% of all legal gun owners will never shoot anyone. Our rights shouldn't be impacted because there are mentally unstable wingnuts out there.
And the parts before that partial quote?
Perhaps it includes unregulated ownership?
Read what Scalia had to say about regulating ownership.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Uh, I believe you left out some more pertinent information from the 2nd Amendment.
"a well armed and well regulated militia being the best security of a free country: but no person religiously scrupulous of bearing arms shall be compelled to render military service in person."

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Uh, I believe you left out some more pertinent information from the 2nd Amendment.
"a well armed and well regulated militia being the best security of a free country: but no person religiously scrupulous of bearing arms shall be compelled to render military service in person."
Congratulations! You've just described what were considered conscious objectors when the draft was active.

How is that relevant to anyone's right to own arms?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
51 people have died in multiple killings (3 or more) in August alone. Make that 57 now with 6 more dying in Odessa/Midland, TX from yesterdays spree.

There's a report out there that one of the victms is a 17 month old child, who was shot in the face.
"At least 25 people were shot, seven fatally, during the first half of Labor Day Weekend in Democrat controlled Chicago."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/01/25-shot-7-killed-during-first-half-labor-day-weekend-chicago/?fbclid=IwAR0irAJlG5TO5Mp9rLflRnd05wSmka6cnI8t-fbKc_yxDTZX2WKV82AY0d4 .

Your point is? This is but one city. OK, here's another one,

"Baltimore City Police are investigating after more than a dozen people were shot in the city.

From 1am Friday, until 3am Monday, 13 people including a 12-year-old boy were shot in the city. Six have died."

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/violent-weekend-13-shot-6-killed-in-baltimore-since-friday

Remember, thus is just from half of the Labor Day weekend from only two cities. You know it's gonna go up.

Get the point?

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, thank you for making my point. There's too many guns out there and easily purchased.

Good to see you coming around to my point of view.
No, not really. The law doesn't prosecute the bad guys to the fullest extent of the law. If one kills someone in the commission of a crime and there is incontrovertible evidence of it, they should be quickly out to death.

You can thank bleeding heart liberal judges for giving them second chances and/or not making examples of them.

But, don't even think of trying to take our legally owned guns, or even try to prevent us "good guys" from buying them. That could prove unhealthy for you.

https://gunowners.org/sk0802htm/

Last edited:
Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
You can thank bleeding heart liberal judges for giving them second chances and/or not making examples of them.

But, don't even think of trying to take our legally owned guns, or even try to prevent us "good guys" from buying them. That could prove unhealthy for you.
Mark, you have a point about judges, but your last statement or threat or whatever it is, isn't especially flattering for you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis