NFL Football 2008-09

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
EXACTLY.

To be the best, you gotta beat the best. I wanted to win fair and square.

By the way, I think Brees is gonna have a monster year.
So by your logic you are admitting the Giants are the best...thanks:D!

If not then your post fails worse than Vince Young on his wonderlic test:p.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
By the way, it's DefenSe. ;)
Ah.. BTW you better check your spelling before you correct someone else's;) I'm Canadian and therefore I used the Canadian or UK spelling:rolleyes:. I see you didn't have to much trouble sounding out the word eh.. :mad:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Ah.. BTW you better check your spelling before you correct someone else's;) I'm Canadian and therefore I used the Canadian or UK spelling:rolleyes:. I see you didn't have to much trouble sounding out the word eh.. :mad:
Hey, it's not my fault you guys spell it wrong. :p

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Merriman hasn't been the same player and has been injured alot since he got busted for steriods, hmmmmmmmmm:confused::p.
Yeah, 39 sacks in 3 years is pretty lame. You're right here sure has sucked the last couple of years. :rolleyes:

Yeah, those steroids sure would have helped when the Titans pulled a cheap-*** move and dove at his knees. Come on man, do you actually watch football or just make stuff up that sounds funny?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
So by your logic you are admitting the Giants are the best...thanks:D!

If not then your post fails worse than Vince Young on his wonderlic test:p.
Ummmm... no. See post #57.

I'll say this for you Giants fans, you certainly all think alike.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, 39 sacks in 3 years is pretty lame. You're right here sure has sucked the last couple of years. :rolleyes:

Yeah, those steroids sure would have helped when the Titans pulled a cheap-*** move and dove at his knees. Come on man, do you actually watch football or just make stuff up that sounds funny?
He is still good, just not as dominating. His tackle stats are pretty interesting. He has 190 total tackles in 3 years (solo+assist). That is nothing for a linebacker. Some linebackers get over 120 tackles in 1 season. They must blitz him a lot, which would make sense for the low tackles, high sack ratio. How does Merriman play in coverage?

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall

Steroid use would have very little to do with ligament damage to the knee... particularly not the tearing of two ligaments. Unless he was leg pressing a Chevy Tahoe every afternoon, this injury was more due to bad luck.

I don't think it's inaccurate to state that last year was his weakest of the 3 year period.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
He is still good, just not as dominating. His tackle stats are pretty interesting. He has 190 total tackles in 3 years (solo+assist). That is nothing for a linebacker. Some linebackers get over 120 tackles in 1 season. They must blitz him a lot, which would make sense for the low tackles, high sack ratio. How does Merriman play in coverage?
Merriman gets double-teamed and cut constantly.

He's pretty good in coverage, but his strength is definitely blowing people up off the line and getting to the QB. He's only one man, but I think getting to the SB just got harder. Not to mention we're still missing our starting Center and Left Guard, Gates says his toe still doesn't feel right, and LT says he hurt a toe on Sunday.

Oh to just have a healthy team again. :mad:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Steroid use would have very little to do with ligament damage to the knee... particularly not the tearing of two ligaments. Unless he was leg pressing a Chevy Tahoe every afternoon, this injury was more due to bad luck.

I don't think it's inaccurate to state that last year was his weakest of the 3 year period.
My point was that Merriman had been relatively injury free up until the game vs the Titans last season. So it wasn't correct to say that he had been injury riddled since his suspension.

Year Team Total Solo Ast Sack fum rec safety
2005 SAN DIEGO 67 54 13 10.0 0 0
2006 SAN DIEGO 75 62 13 16.5 1 0
2007 SAN DIEGO 82 68 14 12.5 2 0

Not sure where you're getting your stats from, but Shawne had 12-1/2 sacks and 68 solo tackles, hardly his weakest season statistically speaking.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I hope my Colts can turn things around this weekend.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Week #2 prediction:

Marcus Stroud - AFC defensive player of the week.....GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
The Colts appear to be struggling against the Vikings...:(

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Week #2 prediction:

Marcus Stroud - AFC defensive player of the week.....GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
He did not dominate as I thought he would with the crippled offensive line of the Jaguars, I do not even know if he had a tackle:eek:. Overall the defensive still played great. Bills Win!!! :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis