T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Saints @ Vikings this Sunday, Vikings are on a four-game win streak. Both are 5-4. One of Vikings most talented players won't be ready for the game he's out; good thing Saints are gonna need all the help they can get. Hope the Refs throw some flags in Saints favor.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Looks like the AFC north is the toughest division in the AFC. Not good for my Steelers.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Saints @ Vikings this Sunday, Vikings are on a four-game win streak. Both are 5-4. One of Vikings most talented players won't be ready for the game he's out; good thing Saints are gonna need all the help they can get. Hope the Refs throw some flags in Saints favor.
Vikes win.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Vikings always give the Saints fits, especially up in Minnesota.:(
I think they're the better team, but if there's any consolation you beat us in the NFC championship years back. The one that mattered the most.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
I think they're the better team, but if there's any consolation you beat us in the NFC championship years back. The one that mattered the most.
Vikings beat the Saints in a Divisional round remember that miracle catch, I was watching that game I was telling my sons we got this, less than a minute we going to NFC the championship game till that catch. :oops:o_O All 3 of us were Speechless:(

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Vikings beat the Saints in a Divisional round remember that miracle catch, I was watching that game I was telling my sons we got this, less than a minute we going to NFC the championship game till that catch. :oops:o_O All 3 of us were Speechless:(
Our local radio guys went bonkers as if we'd just won the SB. I can't really listen to those guys though. Just had them on the radio for the first time in a long time. Then they threw in the 'What if we could get Justin Fields?' Now why would you even go there, and who in their right mind would want him? Is it any wonder we haven't been to a SB in nearly 50 years. :confused:

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Green Bay at Pittsburgh this weekend. Looks to be a winnable game. So Here We Go!

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Our local radio guys went bonkers as if we'd just won the SB. I can't really listen to those guys though. Just had them on the radio for the first time in a long time. Then they threw in the 'What if we could get Justin Fields?' Now why would you even go there, and who in their right mind would want him? Is it any wonder we haven't been to a SB in nearly 50 years. :confused:
Vikings had some great teams over the years. I watched them back in the day when they had that awesome defense, the purple people eaters. Quarterback Fran Tarkington if I spelled his last name right. Vikings won a lot of NFC championship games. Today's NFL isn't like what we grew up on.
It was smash mouth football, there was no protecting the quarterback like they do today the wide receivers today are protected more. Defenses back then would hit you in the mouth not thinking twice about it. Offensive linemen got away with lot, crack back blocking hitting below the knees was normal.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Vikings had some great teams over the years. I watched them back in the day when they had that awesome defense, the purple people eaters. Quarterback Fran Tarkington if I spelled his last name right. Vikings won a lot of NFC championship games.
I remember the purple people eaters. Carl Eller and Jim Marshal and Allan Page if my memory serves me right. They preceded the Steel Curtain as the premier d line in the 1970s.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
I remember the purple people eaters. Carl Eller and Jim Marshal and Allan Page if my memory serves me right. They preceded the Steel Curtain as the premier d line in the 1970s.
Ah! the steel curtain, man those were the days!

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Back then Saints were trying to find an identity and a winning season. lol

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Amen brother. I actually got to attend a couple of playoff games at Three Rivers stadium back in the day. :)
As you can see I'm a Saints fan of course, but I'm a fan of the game also that comes first. I actually played it in high school. I was Watching that game when Franco Harris caught that football, Immaculate reception against the Raiders. Terry Bradshaw is the one to get his first four Super Bowl rings. Tom Brady came after plus all the rules to protect the quarterback it surely helped Tom Brady. Tom Brady wouldn't have made it back than.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
All of those guys are in the HOF. Tarkinton would run for his life, sometimes backwards LOL. Glad HC Bud Grant made it in too. He passed away recently.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
As you can see I'm a Saints fan of course, but I'm a fan of the game also that comes first. I actually played it in high school. I was Watching that game when Franco Harris caught that football, Immaculate reception against the Raiders. Terry Bradshaw is the one to get his first four Super Bowl rings. Tom Brady came after plus all the rules to protect the quarterback it surely helped Tom Brady. Tom Brady wouldn't have made it back than.
Same with Brees. Tom Brady is the GOAT. 7 rings and he started his career winning his first 10 playoff games including 3 super bowl. I still get chills thinking about watching him play. Won in overtime in every playoff round including the greatest superbowl comeback ever. Greatest clutch player in the most critical position in sports IMO. You can only compete in your time and he did it better than anyone. Look at the Pats and Bucs before and after. Incredible that Gruden supposedly nixed him going to the Raiders so he went to the Bucs instead. Chunky was probably still upset from the tuck rule and losing the snow Bowl. The greatest non-super bowl game I’ve ever been too. watching TB12 play and win was my reward for watching terrible Pats teams for years. Similar to Brees winning it all for the long suffering Saints fans. Football is the best.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Same with Brees. Tom Brady is the GOAT. 7 rings and he started his career winning his first 10 playoff games including 3 super bowl. I still get chills thinking about watching him play. Won in overtime in every playoff round including the greatest superbowl comeback ever. Greatest clutch player in the most critical position in sports IMO. You can only compete in your time and he did it better than anyone. Look at the Pats and Bucs before and after. Incredible that Gruden supposedly nixed him going to the Raiders so he went to the Bucs instead. Chunky was probably still upset from the tuck rule and losing the snow Bowl. The greatest non-super bowl game I’ve ever been too. watching TB12 play and win was my reward for watching terrible Pats teams for years. Similar to Brees winning it all for the long suffering Saints fans. Football is the best.
Patrick Mahomes, Lamar of the Ravens, Eagles quarterback yeah including Brees. Let's throw in Aaron Rodgers yeah those guys wouldn't have made it back in the day, Different kind of headhunters back then.

Didn't the NFL Change up the rules for the wide receiver to be in bounds one foot or two foot? I believe it was 1 foot back in the day, right? They changed it to two, had to be for a legal catch so many rules changes to up the production of the offense.
No doubt Tom Brady's is the GOAT. We missed our Chance for Tom Brady/Drew Brees Super Bowl 2019 in the NFC Championship game. With that No flag pass interference at the 10 yard line by the Rams, Referees robbed us. Rams got clubbed by the Patriots in that SB. :D

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
49ers Jags tomorrow. This looks to be a good matchup. Since I live in NE Florida now, I'm pulling for the Jags,

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
No no no dammit! Colts miss a last second FG leaving the ball at the 46. NE-- you throw a hail mary in the end zone. You have no O. :confused: :rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis