New SVS Micro 3000 - goes low, but how loud?

D

Duke9192

Audiophyte
Maybe SVS oversold it, but they use the same type of phrasing for every single sub they sell from the SB-1000 to the PB16-Ultra. And so does every other subwoofer company for all the subs they sell. Extreme hyperbole should be expected from every single audio company to promote their products. It's what they do. Consumers need to learn to do their homework on the stuff they buy. I'm really trying to help them get a clear idea of what is being offered!
I agree with you, and I now know to look at the graph above all else. I do think that having a forum available with opinions like mine that others can search and find is an important part of doing the homework. Right now there are very few hands on genuine reviews for this sub. It's mostly just vlog people spouting all of svs's talking points for it.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I agree with you, and I now know to look at the graph above all else. I do think that having a forum available with opinions like mine that others can search and find is an important part of doing the homework. Right now there are very few hands on genuine reviews for this sub. It's mostly just vlog people spouting all of svs's talking points for it.
Sadly, you are right about the sub reviews out there, it's mostly just fluff, even for the guys who actually have the product in hand.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, they do sell it pretty hard, but were careful not to make any false claims. I can see how someone could get over optimistic tho. Like I said, fortunately they have a great return policy and you learned something about subs. Just like a car engine, there's no replacement for displacement. Big bass requires a big box.

It's best to take all reviews and descriptions with a grain of salt. There are a lot, lot, lot of nebulous, ill defined terms and descriptors used by reviewers to describe equipment that don't make sense or could be interpreted a hundred different ways. I always look for the specs first. The more accurate and specific the better. The more vague they are, the more I raise an eyebrow.

They do make the micro sound pretty amazing in the description, but SVS is one of the best companies out there for providing good, honest, useful and accurate specs. You just gotta click around a little bit to get to them ;). If you ever have any questions about how to interpret anything just hit us up here.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Maybe SVS oversold it, but they use the same type of phrasing for every single sub they sell from the SB-1000 to the PB16-Ultra. And so does every other subwoofer company for all the subs they sell. Extreme hyperbole should be expected from every single audio company to promote their products. It's what they do. Consumers need to learn to do their homework on the stuff they buy. I'm really trying to help them get a clear idea of what is being offered!
I guess I was in a mood last night. I think “extreme hyperbole” should should not be expected from every single company, but it is the game. Shop for beer lately? Same thing. The graphics and labeling are ridiculous. I guess it’s the same in audio, and even though SVS has been a hype machine with their advertising since the beginning, I guess I was just feeling like, “I’m over SVS”, especially with this “micro sub” that’s supposed to pound my chest, and deliver subterranean yadayada, and that maybe I was just disappointed. It reads like a frikken Bose ad.
And , customers today are more informed than ever. But most of the time they don’t scroll past the third line of results from google. So it’s a double edged sword. More informed, but still dummer then evuur.
As far as giving a clear idea of what’s being offered. You’re great at it, and the readers who actually pay attention are rewarded with the right tool for the job. However should the ones who don’t do all the legwork be left in disappointment?
FWIW, I don’t don’t find the same hyperbole in HSU, and Rythmik’s literature and I think for the money they offer better value.(although like all others they do have their own hype)
The bill of rights is great, but it’s paid for by every single other customer, including ones that will never use it. Not sure if that’s value or not...
Also, fwiw, 2/3 of the subs in my main system are by SVS, and have experienced others by them. Sounds like I’m knocking them, but I’m not.
Maybe I’m just still in a mood.....

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Go read some of the crap Def Tech puts in their advertising. Talk about BS. I was their biggest fan back in the day too.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Go read some of the crap Def Tech puts in their advertising. Talk about BS. I was their biggest fan back in the day too.

Lol. Yeah. Definitely a lot of BS to sift through. I know it’s the name of the game. But still...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

After being recommended toward DT early on in my process, I was horrified after hearing the BPs and then learning more about them and their marketing. Very excited they seem to have some decent speakers in the Demands, with little to no fluff.
But every time I see somebody asking about the "Built In Subwoofers," I seethe a bit.
I also had a salesperson warn me away from the SuperCubes! That says a lot when someone responsible for selling them says, "no, do not!" ;)

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Almost looks like the RSL has it beat for half the price. The RSL is ported so I’m assuming it isn’t quite as small but just on paper SVS may have missed the mark on this one. Definitely need independent measurements, speaking of which how would you get anechoic measurements on a bipolar subwoofer?

SVS 10.9” H 11.7” W 10.7” D

RSLH: 16” W: 15” D: 16 3/4”
Dam some bigger tower speakers probably beat this subwoofer. Svs should had made it a little larger and ported , or went duel 10”.
Tekdon maybe ?
Pro 1000 or speed woofer both cheaper lmao

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis