New bookself speakers dont play good enouph

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I agree @Pogre . Totally and completely.
Our friendly OP keeps asking, though. A complete reset is necessary I'm afraid.
And I feel bad telling him to spend more money. It sounds like he understands the subwoofer point, but perhaps also extended a little far in his purchasing and hasn't recovered yet.
Making it more difficult, i'm certain, is that there aren't Best Buys on each of the islands in Greece! :p Much less, every third island... but then again, probably a good thing too! ;)

But seriously... I can't keep straight what's been done, and how, at this point.

It would be interesting to see more of what he's accomplished in measurement and photo documentation, just to be able to say its good enough, at least.

Anyway. Time will tell!
:)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Maybe also he could go demo more speakers to see what’s out there.
That's never a bad idea, tho I'm pretty sure I remember Bill having some pretty decent bookshelf speakers.

@ryanosaur I feel ya man. I think we're starting to rehash the same shiat tho, and he's still chasing his tail over the Audyssey charts. The language barrier just makes it worse.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That's never a bad idea, tho I'm pretty sure I remember Bill having some pretty decent bookshelf speakers.

@ryanosaur I feel ya man. I think we're starting to rehash the same shiat tho, and he's still chasing his tail over the Audyssey charts. The language barrier just makes it worse.
What to do next? I laid out a sound and reasonable path forward for him. If OP wants to continue, he has the ability. :)

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
I had similar issue with Netflix. So watch the first and second seasons of the Punisher. Few months later a buddy was over and I decided to show him the pilot episode season one. Not only was the sound weak the picture quality was way darker than I remember.

Since many shows fall of Netflix after a while my assumption is they compress older material to make room for current material. As a result the show last that are being compressed lose audio and video quality.

Someone posted that Netflix upgraded its audio and video a while back and perhaps any older shows actually lost quality during that upgrade. Maybe I’m off track here but I sympathize with your experience as being underwhelming!:(

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
I will continue to my subwoofer own thread. Here i will continue with just problems of my speakers.
The totaly new setup solution, it really scares me specially my wallet, but i am afraid its the only way. Anyway, i will post some audyssey charts for now :) thanks for all messages and patience

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis