New bookself speakers dont play good enouph

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
It would also help if we can see your seating/couch to see how low or high you are. My front speaker are a bit tipped over from the back to get to my ears.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
I guess the issue was resolved. :p
No. I am watching movies at 80 volume out of 98. I really dont know if this is the power of bookself speakers or no.
I have to place books again and run audyssey but this maybe will resolve the quality only not the power i guess. Which i dont belive it will, i tried once.
I saw your setup. I cant put chairs. For you, living alone and have a low budjet setup if more than ok. For me i went bankrupt, paying 1800€ for aplifier and speakers and sub, and i have results similar or maybe worse than you.

Also i need a cheap way to measure SPL i cant pay 100€ for the mic. My girlfriend will break it to my head ;) i have audyssey mic

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
No. I am watching movies at 80 volume out of 98. I really dont know if this is the power of bookself speakers or no.
I have to place books again and run audyssey but this maybe will resolve the quality only not the power i guess. Which i dont belive it will, i tried once.
I saw your setup. I cant put chairs. For you, living alone and have a low budjet setup if more than ok. For me i went bankrupt, paying 1800€ for aplifier and speakers and sub, and i have results similar or maybe worse than you.

Also i need a cheap way to measure SPL i cant pay 100€ for the mic. My girlfriend will break it to my head ;) i have audyssey mic
Not chairs side tables. I'm getting great results. I don't go past 35 on my volume. 40 is loud as heck. Where are you located? Maybe one of us can help you in person. Also manually you can turn up the volume on audyssey. Try it.

Last edited:
killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Not chairs side tables. I'm getting great results. I don't go past 35 on my volume. 40 is loud as heck. Where are you located? Maybe one of us can help you in person.
On netflix? This measurements?
I live in Greece. My home is open for the forum members just let me know.

Also, i have 2 options. I will pay a sound professional for a visit, but its not cheap at all. Or i will buy equipment to measure somehow. :(

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
On netflix? This measurements?
I live in Greece. My home is open for the forum members just let me know.
Hopefully I'm in the US. Also manually you can turn up the volume on audyssey. Try it.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hopefully I'm in the US. Also manually you can turn up the volume on audyssey. Try it. Perhaps 3-5db.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Hopefully I'm in the US. Also manually you can turn up the volume on audyssey. Try it. Perhaps 3-5db.
I will. In the upcoming hours. Can you upload yours audyssey settings for speakers? To see.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Not chairs side tables. I'm getting great results. I don't go past 35 on my volume. 40 is loud as heck. Where are you located? Maybe one of us can help you in person. Also manually you can turn up the volume on audyssey. Try it.
Sounds like high power hogging speakers or low decibels per watt rating ??
What amp is the speaker and the amp exactly ???
I never do close to max on any of my systems .

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, higher than 80 hz. Yes, I'd recommend stands for your speakers so the tweeters are at ear height. That's going to make a pretty big difference, imo. Here's what I mean by a throw rug.

View attachment 31607View attachment 31608View attachment 31609

That will help absorb early reflections that you're getting from that tile floor. Might help clean things up. The rug, a higher crossover and raising your speakers up should help quite a bit.

View attachment 31610
I wonder if you Ana flip a speaker upside down if tweeter is too high or will that ruin the soundstage? I had floorstander upside down for a few years in my bedroom had no issues .

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah but... how are things sounding? Bass good? Can you hear things? Happy now?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
What am i puting? Tell me new numbers
Go into your AVR and try raising the levels of just your front three speakers by 3 dB, maybe. All of mine are In the negative, too. but it might help.

Also, even if just for the short term, change your volume display to relative instead of absolute. This will put it in terms of decibels below and above reference level. It will be easier for us to talk SPL. If you are turning it up to +10, whereas most of us listen at -10, say...

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
What am i puting? Tell me new numbers
Audyssey calibrates for reference volume levels that’s why Audyssey gave each speaker its dB value. You don’t need to add dB to individual speakers so you only have to turn it up to 60 out of 80. There is nothing wrong with 80 of 100 it’s not hard on your receiver. Keeping Audyssey dB values you are less likely to blow a speaker when you turn the volume to reference levels because of Audyssey target SPL

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
This is what I wanna know.

@killbill13 Why are you showing us calibration levels? If it's not loud enough, turn it up...
I am answering to both of you. I am raising the volume to 83-85 to enjoy a netflix movie. Out of 98. I wonder if this is normal or i have bad settings or a faulty speaker or a faulty aplifier.
I am showing levels because i dont know what to put instead of audyssey numbers. Someone proposed me to add 3.
And yes i did. It breaks the sound and i get a volume increase also.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis