New Audioholics Forum Debug Thread

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
There should be a grayed out area below your post you want to delete. Look for the "delete" box.
Thanks, Gene, but I don't see any "Delete" box. There's an "Edit" box, but even under the "More Options," area, there's no delete option.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Only 2 links allowed in Signature???
"Your signature may only have 2 link(s)." . Old forums were not restricted.

Did I missed something? Is it new restriction? Can it be lifted/removed ? 10 links per sig maybe or with some min posts restriction

thanks in advance

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Thanks, Gene, but I don't see any "Delete" box. There's an "Edit" box, but even under the "More Options," area, there's no delete option.
You can now delete a post you made within 72 hours of making it.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
From my profile page clicking on 'info' lets me access 'all content'. No biggie but why did we stop calling posts posts?

Next is the way 'all threads' are displayed chronologically from the date the thread was started instead of from the date of the last post in the thread. This change has been annoying.

It also use to be that you could click on the number of replies and get a list of who and how many times which members replied. On longer threads sometimes I just want to see what PENG said.

Somehow when the forum was switched over I started getting emails from AH about people replying to threads. I changed some setting and that stopped but it never should have started. I want the guy who made that change manspanked for being sneaky.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I mentioned that earlier and you made fun of me. :D
Didn't you get the memo? I'm a bully. :D

BTW, that had me laughing out loud. "You made fun of me". Were you sniffling when you typed that? :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I posted this in the General Form, but I guess it should go here.

Are you aware of an issue with IE 11 and script problems and slowdown. This happens on Windows 7 on my work PC and my Yoga2Pro Lenovo and my home built desktop with I7 5930k and SLI 290X ATI cards, so I am pretty sure it's not hardware related.

I get the "stop Script" option button at the bottom. This does not seem to happen on Chrome or Firefox?

I did have one user send me an IM because he didn't want to get flamed, don't know why, but he is having the same probelm

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
We've had one report of someone having issues with IE, however after 3 hours of using the site with IE we cant replicate the issue, normally if it was an issue this end then everyone or a large percentage of those using IE would be able to replicate it.

IE has a tendency to cache/store old data and hold it even after clearing cookies and cache, i would highly recommend downloading something like : https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

And seeing if that solves the issue ( it did for the last person that had the same problem ), other things to look at is if you have any toolbars or addons bolted on to IE which maybe playing up.

Scanning your system with Malwarebytes is also recommended ( free trial can be download here :https://www.malwarebytes.org/)

Anything malwarebytes brings up should be removed .

Not sure why anyone would think they would get flamed, we obviously need people to speak up when there is an issue and will go out of our way to find a solution if there is an issue to be found and its not localised.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Didn't realize there was a thread for this. The forum does not work on my iPhone. Mobile website freaks out and I don't have the option to choose the standard one.

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
Didn't realize there was a thread for this. The forum does not work on my iPhone. Mobile website freaks out and I don't have the option to choose the standard one.
What iphone version , IOS version are you using ? Also are you using Safari ? Im currently testing with the iphone 5 with latest IOS with safari and its all working ok. If you could also clear your browsing data and let me know if its better.

There is an option at the bottom of the forum to "switch to desktop view" but it means zooming in and out on your iphone because its not really designed to snap to grid since its natively responsive now.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Search does not work for me. PC with Win7.
For example, if I search for RYTHMIK and by user, KEW I get nothing.

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
Search does not work for me. PC with Win7.
For example, if I search for RYTHMIK and by user, KEW I get nothing.
Search is being worked on as we speak, apparently stopped working last night :) Will updated when its fixed

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
What iphone version , IOS version are you using ? Also are you using Safari ? Im currently testing with the iphone 5 with latest IOS with safari and its all working ok. If you could also clear your browsing data and let me know if its better.

There is an option at the bottom of the forum to "switch to desktop view" but it means zooming in and out on your iphone because its not really designed to snap to grid since its natively responsive now.
iOS 6 on iPhone 4, I will clear cookies, data, and history and see if that helps. Thank you.

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
iOS 6 on iPhone 4, I will clear cookies, data, and history and see if that helps. Thank you.
Thanks Let me know :), Ill dig out my iphone 4 and double check if it doesnt solve the issue.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks Let me know :), Ill dig out my iphone 4 and double check if it doesnt solve the issue.
Appears to be working now. I'll check to see if I can find the full sure now.

Edit: the desktop link also now appears. Thanks!

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
Appears to be working now. I'll check to see if I can find the full sure now.

Edit: the desktop link also now appears. Thanks!
Awesome, most of the time these issues are cache/cookie related. it only takes the device to throw a little fit and store data too long and it starts to slow down and mess up websites , especially if those sites are updated so the data stored is completely out of date.

The occasional clearing of data will solve most issues.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
The "videoseries" doc that keeps downloading is an .swf file. Perhaps a Flash vector animation graphic for Audioholics? (http ://www.youtube.com/v/videoseries?list=UUF9cWy6zaWsgdAy-kv2q4VQ without the spaces after the "http.") I don't run Flash on my Mac, and it's not natively supported on Kindle. Maybe it downloads because there's no software to support it?

Agree with GranteedEV that it only happens on the AH site. Not likely a virus or malware. A quick 'net search turned up nothing.

This issue still pops up for me from my Android phone.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
is it me or has something happened regarding the IE (v11) improved site responsiveness in the last 2 weeks? it's just like the old days. did Microsoft Update or the web site make some changes?

don't know, don't care. :D

now back to our regularly scheduled programing.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis