New Audioholics Forum Debug Thread

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Is it possible to add the collapsible side bar add on?

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
How bout a last unread button for each thread on the new posts page?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
What is the criteria for a thread title being Bold Blue vs Standard Black? I thought BB meant I had not read the thread, or the latest posts in that thread. Yet I can go into a new BB thread, read it all the way through, backspace out of it and the thread title remains BB. Some thread titles do appear Standard Black, but I can't figure out why. The change to indicate I had already read the latest was nice.

Edit: I found when I exit the category, (ex. Beginners and Audiophytes), then re-enter, the title of read threads has changed from Bold Blue to Standard Black. Is that the rule?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think that you just need to refresh the list, which gets done when you exit and enter a category (by clicking the link) or by clicking on "Recent Posts" at the top. If you hit the "Back" key, your browser seems to not be reloading the page, so you just see what was there before.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Question - is there a section on this new forum that is like the "Community" section from before, where we could see a list of forum members? I get that reputation is gone, but we could still see members by post count or maybe even join date. Thanks.

Also, in the days of old, the calendar used to work and showed people's birthdays. I thought that helped bring folks together a bit. That calendar hadn't worked for a long time - is there a plan to have one here?

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
What is the criteria for a thread title being Bold Blue vs Standard Black? I thought BB meant I had not read the thread, or the latest posts in that thread. Yet I can go into a new BB thread, read it all the way through, backspace out of it and the thread title remains BB. Some thread titles do appear Standard Black, but I can't figure out why. The change to indicate I had already read the latest was nice.

Edit: I found when I exit the category, (ex. Beginners and Audiophytes), then re-enter, the title of read threads has changed from Bold Blue to Standard Black. Is that the rule?
Yeah basically the Bolding blue means there is posts in that thread of category which have not been read by you. If you "go back" or backspace your effectively just going back to the previous page so it wouldnt have changed, if you however went to that section again ( not going back ) then it would show updated.

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
Question - is there a section on this new forum that is like the "Community" section from before, where we could see a list of forum members? I get that reputation is gone, but we could still see members by post count or maybe even join date. Thanks.

Also, in the days of old, the calendar used to work and showed people's birthdays. I thought that helped bring folks together a bit. That calendar hadn't worked for a long time - is there a plan to have one here?
The members list isnt quite the same as before, members lists are generally poor and dont offer much but the equivalent can be seen here :

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/members/

The calender as well is generally something that was on a forum in the early days and was never used by anyone, the mention of peoples birthdays however is in the members section in the link above on the sidebar.

If people really think that the members list above is something they would look at alot, ill see if i can add it to the second navigation bar ?

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Photobucket pic's embedded links ... kaput? I'm not seeing my previous pic's ... I see the code but not the pic.

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
Photobucket pic's embedded links ... kaput? I'm not seeing my previous pic's ... I see the code but not the pic.
Thanks for pointing that out, the beauty of bug fixing live....members spot things we don't :)

Its now fixed, note that html embeds shouldnt be used ( and shouldnt have been allowed previously ) they've all been converted to BBcode. You can see an example of a photobucket URL converted to BBcode here :

Code:
[url=http://s1003.photobucket.com/user/kingponzio/media/Novirgins_zps2aa4f0b3.png.html][img]http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af156/kingponzio/Novirgins_zps2aa4f0b3.png[/img][/url]
Which makes a clickable image.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for pointing that out, the beauty of bug fixing live....members spot things we don't :)

Its now fixed, note that html embeds shouldnt be used ( and shouldnt have been allowed previously ) they've all been converted to BBcode. You can see an example of a photobucket URL converted to BBcode here :

Code:
[url=http://s1003.photobucket.com/user/kingponzio/media/Novirgins_zps2aa4f0b3.png.html][img]http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af156/kingponzio/Novirgins_zps2aa4f0b3.png[/img][/url]
Which makes a clickable image.
thanks ... keep up the good work.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
the "Back" [top left hand corner arrow] button on IE has to be pressed twice to go back to previous page.

not life threatening :) more of a nuisance.

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
the "Back" [top left hand corner arrow] button on IE has to be pressed twice to go back to previous page.

not life threatening :) more of a nuisance.
Is anyone else having this problem ? Or can replicate it.

Generally that would be a browser issue caused by cache, a toolbar or possibly a setting which isnt correct/default.

If others can replicate it and its only happening on this site however i will look into it more.

Somethings to try though :

1. Download CCleaner ( from filehippo ) - this will give your cache etc a proper clean which many browsers don't or can't get rid of them selves.

2. Download Malwarebytes ( free trial for 30 days but still protects to a degree after that ) - This will dig out the "majority" of tool bars which isnt good for you or your browsers.

3. Make sure your browser settings are defaulted and something hasnt changed them for you.

4. Make sure all system and browser updates are done, older browsers can have issues with modern UI hence most of them being discontinued and many will be forced updates in the near future because many sites no longer support them and wont allow usage.

5. Get a better browser :) *jokes...but not really* , Im a firefox fan myself but if you are looking for no-nonsense install and away you got then Google Chrome will be your friend.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
it's only happening on the AH web site ... for me. I'm using IE11 BTW with automatic updates.

I have to step out right now but when I get back I'll try it with the Firefox browser.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I have to step out right now but when I get back I'll try it with the Firefox browser.
What? You're going to drop that bomb and then leave?!

:D I remember this same thing happening a while back on AH - and just on AH. A number of people reported it. Older forum software, same issue. I don't recall the reason or solution, though. Sorry. I'd say more, but I need to step out right now...

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
well it must be IE. i'm using Firefox and the "Back" button works fine.

let the Microsoft bashing begin ...:D

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
well it must be IE. i'm using Firefox and the "Back" button works fine.

let the Microsoft bashing begin ...:D
It's likely the Google AdSense and IE bugs. What happens is when the advertisements load it does a full page reload. That loads up your history with a bunch of the same page. So, when you click 'Back' it DOES go back - but the history is full of the same URL.

This seems to happen inconsistently and not for every page using AdSense.. So not sure who's coding problem it is (Google or Microsoft)

But yeah try a different browser. Both Chrome and Firefox render Audioholics well.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
is it possible to change the number of posts viewable per page? and where do we edit that?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis